Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 43451 times)

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2011, 09:00:03 AM »
Ask INK.
You want Ink to make a youtube vid of the dueling bracket?
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2011, 09:01:42 AM »
Yarbles is simply following the tournament rules,

Stokes sent him a pm saying he forfeited ( going by what has been posted, I have not seen any PM ).....

Yarbles said 9pm UK time ( 4 PM US EST time ) and Stokes posted after 6 PM US EST time......

even though Yarbles is still currently up at 1 AM UK Time .......

everyone has went by the rules set in place...... it is up to Yarbles if he desires to reschedule or not.......

but noone should flame him if he decides to accept Stoke's forfeiture for not being there on time.....

TC

Why can he CHOOSE to take a forfiet. You either forfeit or you fight. If he has a choice, then folks can chide and shame him for his choice. That's price he pays for making that choice. He can avoid the shame by stating a honorable reason for not fighting, like this was his only available time slot for the rest of the week. But to say I'm taking the win because it's easy, should draw the shame of the community, and I won't be discouraged from shaming him because you say he's allowed to take a forfeit.

Now I'm NOT shaming him, because he hasn't stated a reason. Maybe he has a good one. Maybe he'll tell us.  :salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2011, 09:25:43 AM »
You want Ink to make a youtube vid of the dueling bracket?
Nvm...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:04:11 AM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2011, 09:39:57 AM »
Why can he CHOOSE to take a forfeit. You either forfeit or you fight. If he has a choice, then folks can chide and shame him for his choice. That's price he pays for making that choice. He can avoid the shame by stating a honorable reason for not fighting, like this was his only available time slot for the rest of the week. But to say I'm taking the win because it's easy, should draw the shame of the community, and I won't be discouraged from shaming him because you say he's allowed to take a forfeit.

Now I'm NOT shaming him, because he hasn't stated a reason. Maybe he has a good one. Maybe he'll tell us.  :salute

Why bring it here? why not ask the Administrator your concerns or questions privately...... This has all been handled off of this open forum via thru the Administrator and the Review Committee

BaldEagl answered your question for you with his Reply ( Reply # 75 )

point blank:  StokesAK forfeited the match and confirmed it by being 2 hours late

point blank: Yarbles & StokesAK made an arrangement/scheduled time to meet, both agreed apon the time, all Rules have been followed as written by BaldEagl

I have not seen Yarbles claim anything like you have typed in the quote below:

But to say I'm taking the win because it's easy, should draw the shame of the community, and I won't be discouraged from shaming him because you say he's allowed to take a forfeit.

Yarbles did not forfeit, StokesAK did, by the way..........

As BaldEagl posted, some people have Real Life to deal with and when a scheduled time is set, they seriously rely on these schedulings and take the time to set an allotted amount of time aside for the event they have enrolled in........ when another comes and says something and that they are at fault......... then No Sir...... there is no reason to be derogatory toward the person who tried to do everything as was previously planned.........

why some wants to troll, or flame or get a rise out of another is beyond me..........

I simply ask that we all be a bit more respectful of everyone in the tournament, and not turn BaldEagl's tournament into an insult tossing, flame throwing, troll hunting, witch burning pile of burning cow manure

Why can he CHOOSE to take a forfeit. You either forfeit or you fight.

Once Again, Yarbles did not CHOOSE anything........ the Tournament Rules "Granted" Yarbles a win by forfeiture, because his opponent who agreed to a time, did not show up within the 15 minutes allotted........ he was actually over 2 hours late and did not contact anyone before hand / before the scheduled meet time............. He simply forgot or something to that effect......... 

I hope this is done with now........  I hope people get to dog fighting / dueling these cartoon planes more and relax on the possibility of trying to shame someone for no apparent reason

:cheers:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2011, 10:00:01 AM »
As BaldEagl posted, some people have Real Life to deal with and when a scheduled time is set, they seriously rely on these schedulings and take the time to set an allotted amount of time aside for the event they have enrolled in........

I'd like to +1000 this.  Between my business, my wife, my kids, and the thousand things they all demand from me, it can be a serious logistical operation to get an hour or two of undisturbed Aces High time.  If I were just flying in the MA, no big deal, if the phone rings I just hit auto pilot until I am done on the phone or have been killed or whatever.  No big deal.  But for a duel in a tournament, I have to block out the time and make arrangements.

Not everyone around here has this issue, but as a matter of simple respect, everyone should assume that their opponent does.  Your opponent's time is valuable, and in some cases prescious.  Try not to waste mine and I'll do the best I can not to waste yours.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:03:00 AM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2011, 10:19:08 AM »
I'd like to +1000 this.  Between my business, my wife, my kids, and the thousand things they all demand from me, it can be a serious logistical operation to get an hour or two of undisturbed Aces High time.  If I were just flying in the MA, no big deal, if the phone rings I just hit auto pilot until I am done on the phone or have been killed or whatever.  No big deal.  But for a duel in a tournament, I have to block out the time and make arrangements.

Not everyone around here has this issue, but as a matter of simple respect, everyone should assume that their opponent does.  Your opponent's time is valuable, and in some cases prescious.  Try not to waste mine and I'll do the best I can not to waste yours.

+1 on this and well said Dave.  You have described my own hectic schedule and the way I approach AH and events such as the dueling bracket.  It's all about respect...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2011, 10:32:46 AM »
Why bring it here?

I hope this is done with now........  I hope people get to dog fighting / dueling these cartoon planes more and relax on the possibility of trying to shame someone for no apparent reason

PM sent :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2011, 10:45:39 AM »
I have to admit I also like the canyons it just adds a new element to the fight, and makes you sharpen up your SA. gotta pay attention.

Ditto
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
Now I'm NOT shaming him, because he hasn't stated a reason. Maybe he has a good one. Maybe he'll tell us.  :salute

I have reasons Vinkman why I wanted to do this on Thursday and not let it run into the weekend now let me just expalain my perspective on this.

In my version of the adult world when people make an arrangement they both rely on and can presumably organise their lives around that has some weight. If someone then turns up 2 hours late and their excuse is "I forgot" I dont see why the person who turned up in good faith on time should somehow be put in the wrong. Certainly Strokes got it with "I emmediatley forfeit". However this somehow does not serve honour in the all important cartoon aeroplane world. In the totally unimportant real world though its spot on.

I am a family man with a business and responsibilites who shouldn't be obliged to account to you for their time. I realise allot of kids play this game but how about we apply the adult I am responsile for my own actions standard to this not the I am a kid and therefore everyone has to be endlesly patient with me approach. Strokes behaved like a kid but took responsibility for his actions like an adult.

If Stokes had come back with a reasonable excuse or contacted me in advance I would have put myself out but not for "I forgot". If I conducted my life like that I would be living in a cardboard box. I hope you have leared something from this. If I was in charge I would give you a warning for holding the rules in contempt the 15 minute rule is to stop people messing other people about and maybe this will set the tone for behaviour now to stop people wasting other peoples time.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:48:08 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2011, 11:46:51 AM »
gents enough is enough on this thread if you want to take it further start a new on or PM each other
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2011, 11:46:58 AM »
I have reasons Vinkman why I wanted to do this on Thursday and not let it run into the weekend now let me just expalain my perspective on this.

In my version of the adult world when people make an arrangement they both rely on and can presumably organise their lives around that has some weight. If someone then turns up 2 hours late and their excuse is "I forgot" I dont see why the person who turned up in good faith on time should somehow be put in the wrong. Certainly Strokes got it with "I emmediatley forfeit". However this somehow does not serve honour in the all important cartoon aeroplane world. In the totally unimportant real world though its spot on.

I am a family man with a business and responsibilites who shouldn't be obliged to account to you for their time. I realise allot of kids play this game but how about we apply the adult I am responsile for my own actions standard to this not the I am a kid and therefore everyone has to be endlesly patient with me approach. Strokes behaved like a kid but took responsibility for his actions like an adult.

If Stokes had come back with a reasonable excuse or contacted me in advance I would have put myself out but not for "I forgot". If I conducted my life like that I would be living in a cardboard box. I hope you have leared something from this. If I was in charge I would give you a warning for holding the rules in contempt the 15 minute rule is to stop people messing other people about and maybe this will set the tone for behaviour now to stop people wasting other peoples time.  

Amen.   :aok

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2011, 12:03:46 PM »
I'm going to have to forfeit my match with Natcigg arranged a time but now cannot be sure I'll make it, I play when I have a free hour or 2 but honestly I never really know when that is anymore so things could drag on every match will be like this for me and don't want to have other people have the hassle of waiting around for me sorry.  :salute

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2011, 12:29:37 PM »
 :salute

P38J

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2011, 12:32:09 PM »
 :salute

P38J - TC
Yak9T- TC

Thanks TC it was fun

Cheers
gus

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2011, 12:35:01 PM »

PM sent

Who is John Galt?