Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 43321 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #975 on: July 06, 2011, 09:10:50 AM »
who is on the review committee for this bracket? 

BaldEagl - BaldEagl    Administrator

haxxor   -   dkff49 -   Review Committee

LTARkilz   -   kilz -   Review Committee

TC   -   TequilaChaser -   Review Committee

why do you ask???

Good Luck to both of you !

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #976 on: July 06, 2011, 09:55:23 AM »
Cool, good luck guys! :salute

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #977 on: July 06, 2011, 07:05:53 PM »
WTG Krupcake!!!  Best of luck to both of you.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #978 on: July 06, 2011, 11:12:41 PM »
BaldEagl - BaldEagl    Administrator

haxxor   -   dkff49 -   Review Committee

LTARkilz   -   kilz -   Review Committee

TC   -   TequilaChaser -   Review Committee

why do you ask???

Good Luck to both of you !

<S>

TC

Plus Melvin as the alternate.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #979 on: July 07, 2011, 11:08:29 PM »
It was brought to my attention that Krupinski broke the altitude ceiling in each of his fights with Frytruck.  I have not had a chance to watch the films but from what I hear at least a couple of these may be considered egregious violations while a couple of others may be considered within reason.

As a result Frytruck was offered the opportunity to file a dispute and send it to the review committee.  He has declined to do so.

I feel at this point I must post a warning to Krupinski.  If you break the alt ceiling in the finals you will be ejected from the tournament and Bruv will be declared the winner regardless of the results of the fights assuming the information provided to me was correct.  I won't have a chance to see the films myself until this weekend so I want to be clear that this is unacceptable.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #980 on: July 07, 2011, 11:10:09 PM »
It was brought to my attention that Krupinski broke the altitude ceiling in each of his fights with Frytruck.  I have not had a chance to watch the films but from what I hear at least a couple of these may be considered egregious violations while a couple of others may be considered within reason.

As a result Frytruck was offered the opportunity to file a dispute and send it to the review committee.  He has declined to do so.

I feel at this point I must post a warning to Krupinski.  If you break the alt ceiling in the finals you will be ejected from the tournament and Bruv will be declared the winner regardless of the results of the fights assuming the information provided to me was correct.  I won't have a chance to see the films myself until this weekend so I want to be clear that this is unacceptable.
:salute
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #981 on: July 07, 2011, 11:12:21 PM »
I

I would like to add that I was aware of this krup and declined a rematch out of respect that ihave for you :salute and good luck
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #982 on: July 07, 2011, 11:15:12 PM »
I don't understand, there's an alt cap after the merge?  :huh

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #983 on: July 07, 2011, 11:19:22 PM »
I don't understand, there's an alt cap after the merge?  :huh
10k, basically premerge limit

Edit: you can break 10k after you pass The opponent
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #984 on: July 07, 2011, 11:21:07 PM »
I don't understand, there's an alt cap after the merge?  :huh

No there is not but there is an alt cap at all times prior to the merge.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #985 on: July 07, 2011, 11:26:12 PM »
The highest I got within dot range (not icon) was 10.2k, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that would give me such a superior advantage.  :huh

Two of the fights though I went afk on climb out and got to 11.5k, I was back to 10k well within dot range.

You Few guys are really something.  :huh

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #986 on: July 07, 2011, 11:33:50 PM »
The highest I got within dot range (not icon) was 10.2k, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that would give me such a superior advantage.  :huh

Two of the fights though I went afk on climb out and got to 11.5k, I was back to 10k well within dot range.

10.2K isn't really a problem although it's what I consider the top end of "within reason".  Anything over that is pushing your luck.

When I review the films I'll be looking at merge speeds.  If your 11.5 "errors" resulted in an E advantage at the merge then you didn't do enough to correct your mistake.  A 1.5K advantage can clearly give you E superiority.  You may have been able to compensate if you'd dropped to 10K and chopped the throttle to get back to a normal level speed.  Without having seen the films I can't say that you did or didn't but from what I've heard that wasn't the case and you carried a speed advantage into every fight.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #987 on: July 07, 2011, 11:41:04 PM »
10.2K isn't really a problem although it's what I consider the top end of "within reason".  Anything over that is pushing your luck.

When I review the films I'll be looking at merge speeds.  If your 11.5 "errors" resulted in an E advantage at the merge then you didn't do enough to correct your mistake.  A 1.5K advantage can clearly give you E superiority.  You may have been able to compensate if you'd dropped to 10K and chopped the throttle to get back to a normal level speed.  Without having seen the films I can't say that you did or didn't but from what I've heard that wasn't the case and you carried a speed advantage into every fight.

Just went back and looked at the speed differences. By the time we passed eachother on the merges there was hardly a significant speed difference.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 12:41:34 AM by Krupinski »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #988 on: July 07, 2011, 11:44:51 PM »
I

I would like to add that I was aware of this krup and declined a rematch out of respect that ihave for you :salute and good luck
So who brought it up?

Offline Domin

• Copper Member
« Reply #989 on: July 07, 2011, 11:45:39 PM »

First, BaldEagle <S>. You do a fantastic job! Always have been a stand up guy! This in no way relates to you.
Krup, I feel for you man, I really do. Soon they will be analyzing your RPMs.  :rolleyes: