Author Topic: Why don't you want to die?  (Read 3188 times)

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
Re: Why don't you want to die?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2011, 09:36:07 AM »
I've been to enough funerals to understand how difficult it is for those who remain.  That, and I'm having a pretty good time at the moment...   :aok

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 10:06:07 AM »
     In 2006. according to the doctors I came within about an hour of checking out.  I was in a diabetic coma and
fortunately my parents got concerned when I didn't answer my phone or emails.  They drove 1.5 hours and somehow
managed to rouse me enough that I could unlock my apartment door.

I don't remember the ambulance ride to the hospital, and I didn't feel any pain.  The biggest regret I would have
had was not being able to say goodbye to my family, or tell them how I felt about them.

Over the past few years I've had some pretty hard knocks and spent alot of time in hospitals.  I truly appreciate
my friends and family and try to let them know as often as I can.

We never know how long life will be, so don't sweat the small stuff.  Try to remember that the next time you are
getting ready to pop a blood vessel while playing AH  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 10:35:28 AM »
Why don't you want to die?

Sex, Bacon and Chocolate are pretty high on the list.
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stop playing

Offline tassos

• Nickel Member
      • Free Warbids Arena
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »
I came close about 15 years ago, and I wouldn't of know any difference.  Mom said she's afraid she might miss something important.

Rash
Die? No way
-1992 I was woked up in my WV Camper from over 20 Nazi Skinheads near Saulgau Germany..
-1997 I HO crashed with my 1988 Le Baron HO with a 7,5t truck
before 3 yeahrs at the Check my Doc Say ed " You have Bloodcancer you don't have long to live" my work college say ed"You Doc is Stupid if you are over 40 you don't have a Dirty crap in you're veins instead of Blood":)
-yesterday at the Supermarket someone parked beside me with Big Letters " JESUS IAM COMMING SOON TO YOU"
I grabbed my kids and throw in car and drove fast way....
Living Aces High from Sep 1999 as ATZE,MrROX,and from Feb 2000 as tassos
Quit: OPEN /Google:48°58'22.40"N 10°8'15.30"E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69CquvLHgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMCq22Vpa18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXsVxFycRZo
Aces High be a part...

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2011, 10:56:29 AM »
i culdnt care less if i died tomorrow. not at all. no problem with that. but before that, i at least want to be able to pull off some really big thing people will remember me for. thats all. maybe i dont mind dying because of the fact that my dad is a funeral director...? make any sense? i pipe at funerals too, so dead people dont freak me out. unless they start walking of course.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2011, 11:01:38 AM »
Why don't you want to die?

Sex, Bacon and Chocolate are pretty high on the list.

Well, perhaps not in that order.

You will be able to enjoy the bacon and chocolate long after your little soldier loses his ability to salute.  :devil

Besides, bacon and chocolate do not have opinions   :rofl
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2011, 11:06:21 AM »
There was a point where I stood on the edge both literally and figuratively. Nothing to live for. That's changed. Now I'm married and have two sons. I don't want to die now and miss them growing up, nor do I want them to grow up without a Father or leave my wife alone. Other than that I've very little to live for, having lost all my ambitions and dreams or more accurately gave them up after stopping fooling myself.

I don't believe in life after death. You just go blank, it was going under general anaesthetic in hospital that convinced me of that. One microsecond I was aware before the operation, the next I was awake hours later. No transition at all. Death must be similar. But I will live on in my sons who already have demonstrated they are essentially chips off the old block, sadly for them :D

It's nice to think your consciousness lives on but I fear it doesn't. So death is to be postponed as long as possible.

I know how you must have felt. I too was at that point where I had no reason to live. I was never sure why I even woke up each morning to live another day of hating everything, not wanting to do anything other than ending it. It's tough on you both mentally and physically. Then just like you, I found something I enjoyed and it gave me a reason to live on. I have never been more happy today than I have ever been in my life. I refuse to die before I am able to repay that which has saved my life. Big  :salute to those who can stand at the edge and be able to turn around, and those who helped those people.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2011, 12:03:14 PM »
looking at 20 dead gook civilians,

"the dead know only one thing, it's better to be alive."

The joker, full metal jacket.

me personally, i can always die tomorrow but today I want to live.  I have attempted suicide many times, actually the only thing I was pretty good in life is sucking at not killing myself.  Then i found out I have a mental disease.  I am not a looney, at least I dont think so, but when the mood changes hit me, that's when I start thinking harder that life is not too bad after all and that I should live a little longer after all I can always live today and die tomorrow, but I cant die today and live tomorrow.

If you start questioning yourself if why you should be alive, then you should get help to figure out why you feel that way.  I did, and it changed the way I look at life.

semp
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:17:05 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2011, 12:53:45 PM »
the things ya learn around here... :huh  :O  :headscratch:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2011, 12:58:34 PM »
I don;t because I am not sure if I would like being dead.  If I don;t like it, I won't be able to change my my mind so I ll try to stick around until I know for sure  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2011, 01:55:47 PM »
i dont want to die. i came very close 1 year ago when i got lost in the mohaje for a few days. id rather not talk about it but it was definately one of the worst time in my life so far.

I had to have CPR done after I drowned in the pool a the YMCA, me not being able to swim plus the pool being full of kids, I got kicked to the bottom but one of the people watching saw me at the bottom and rescued me. I was 8 but hell I still remember it.

You guys are really a pair of bookends.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
You guys are really a pair of bookends.

Was that the filter talking, or did you really use the word bookends?

:D

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2011, 02:33:48 PM »
Was that the filter talking, or did you really use the word bookends?

:D

Don't make fun of him.  He is old!  That was a cool word when he was in high school  :neener:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2011, 03:02:23 PM »
 :rofl

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2011, 03:13:05 PM »
penguin, you need to get a life boy...i see a lot of misguided angst and possible self pity brought on by a sheltered life...get out and live a little, and don't use your parents as an excuse.

to the op, it's great that you squeakers somewhat have some self understanding but, you're not alone...if you could get your peers to drop their b.s. macho act long enough to actually speak intelligently, you would find that out...perhaps one day you will understand it's that fear that keeps you from doing stupid things...it's when you no longer have that fear that you need to make sure your life insurance is paid up.

I have no self pity or angst, and I don't blame my parents at all. :eek:  If it came out that way I didn't mean it, I'm glad that I can think and speak like I do. :)  Yes, part of it comes from not getting out much, but there are so many ideas inside my head that I don't really have much interest in conversation; it bores me.

-Penguin