Author Topic: Questions about what/how HTC can add hangar options  (Read 159 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Questions about what/how HTC can add hangar options
« on: June 01, 2011, 12:17:05 PM »
HTC, we see that you can add and remove certain functionality from hangars.

Surely when you add a loadout you add elements to be damaged, right? How does that work? Can you add something that reduces bullet impact when present, but when absent doesn't? Or is the damage model always there even if that option isn't?

With guns options, they don't get damaged if a gunpod is left off, etc.

What I'm wondering about is armor. Certain craft loadouts had certain extra armor, be it behind pilots, around engine oil, whatever. Can you have a loadout in the hangar that adds this armor, and when attached to the plane this armor actually can stop bullets (or reduce effectiveness)?

The tradeoff being I'm wondering if you can have ground attack variants that were mostly the same but had more armor. Like some Bf109s having extra armor along the belly to prevent ground fire from damaging them. Would that be in the realm of possibility for HTC?

I'm also wondering about gun positions. Can you add/remove an entire gun position? I notice on the B-25 that the gun position is still there, it's just hidden. At least, that's how it used to be (unless I'm thinking of the bombsight instead of the gunner?). The 410 discussions not long ago made me think about this one... A number had the rear barbettes removed as well as the rear gunner's position entirely. From your coding standpoint I also wondered if this was a possibility yet. Also has potential for a B-25C lower turret option later on.