Author Topic: Multi-Engine glitch?  (Read 379 times)

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
Multi-Engine glitch?
« on: June 14, 2011, 04:23:20 AM »
The past week or so I've had an issue where my engines lose sync.  I'll go to hit WEP or adjust throttle and only one engine will respond.  I have to hit the "select all" button on my stick to bring them together again.  I have been playing with my joystick program trying to see of there is a spike in the button I have the engine select mapped to and so far I can't spot it and with as often as it happens in game lately I'd expect to see something.

Anyone else seen something similar?

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Multi-Engine glitch?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 12:14:52 AM »
The past week or so I've had an issue where my engines lose sync.  I'll go to hit WEP or adjust throttle and only one engine will respond.  I have to hit the "select all" button on my stick to bring them together again.  I have been playing with my joystick program trying to see of there is a spike in the button I have the engine select mapped to and so far I can't spot it and with as often as it happens in game lately I'd expect to see something.

Anyone else seen something similar?

next time it happends watch your manifold and rpm's for each engine.adjust throttle and see if only one engine is powering up or down.

ive got my engine selection mapped on on my stick and sometimes il hit it without knowing.but its an easy fix
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 01:44:01 AM »
That is exactly what was happening and my buttons weren't easy to hit.  I unmapped the select engine functions and problem gone.  What I can't figure out is why there was no evidence of the button in question "spiking."

Thanks for the reply.

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 02:07:42 AM »
That is exactly what was happening and my buttons weren't easy to hit.  I unmapped the select engine functions and problem gone.  What I can't figure out is why there was no evidence of the button in question "spiking."

Thanks for the reply.

did you have them mapped to the joystick?it could have to do with your joystick power or loose buttons.
glad to hear the problem is fixed
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 02:13:43 AM »
I've had them mapped to the 3 toggle switches on the base of my X-52 for almost 5 years and never had a problem until this last update (odd coincidence apparently).  I need another powered hub and, as a result, I get stick spikes but, like I mentioned before, there was no indication, ever, that the switch was registering a function, other than the in game affect.  Once I have a new powered hub I'll try and add the functions back into the stick mapping and see if it reoccurs.