Author Topic: Winning the war is Fun  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
Re: Winning the war is Fun
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2011, 12:12:07 AM »
Agree w the Luscheness here.  Something w more depth than a team deathmatch mentality while still leaving/rewarding the P-40B fighter sweeps intact is needed.  A tall order indeed.  :old:
NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2011, 07:01:25 AM »
Winning the war is not fun.  Not because strategy in the global sense is not fun, in fact quite the contrary, but because aces high strategy is mind numbingly dull and simplistic.  Give me something more than shooting at a town and I might involve myself in it.

I am sure we have covered this but the obvious thing to make strategy a bit more challenging is involving the Strats. The reason I suggested winning the war might be fun is it could make the maps change more qucikly in themselves and to new maps. It is also the basis for shared effort and drama.

When it works patt's on the back all round when it doesn't pick on some poor Noob to blame or whinge about your country being rubbish  :aok
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:02:56 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2011, 10:56:20 AM »
I am sure we have covered this but the obvious thing to make strategy a bit more challenging is involving the Strats. The reason I suggested winning the war might be fun is it could make the maps change more qucikly in themselves and to new maps. It is also the basis for shared effort and drama.

When it works patt's on the back all round when it doesn't pick on some poor Noob to blame or whinge about your country being rubbish  :aok

I agree 100% on the concept.  Teamwork and a common goal is very fun, but the strategy is just too dull for me.  Add some strats, make NOE's more feasbile again, add zones back, add central factories for each zone tha can be captured and affect supply lines to other bases in zone, etc.  Then I might become an arm chair general.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2011, 11:58:11 AM »
You mean our TBM torpedo runs on towns will become more epic because it helps the war effort????   

There is always at least one individual that joins these missions and notices half way there that we are loaded with torps.  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2011, 01:02:40 PM »
Only increase the perk reward for winning the war if it becomes harder to win the war...... make the land grabbers earn the reset reward, maybe by requiring the country that "wins the war" to do everything currently required, but also make them drop both opposing country's strats below 50% capacity in all areas within a 1-hour window. They can take the bases, but they still have to bomb the strats into submission.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey