Author Topic: In the cockpit recording vs film recording  (Read 318 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
In the cockpit recording vs film recording
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:45:23 AM »
In my mind I still have these great designs for little AH action videos, with excellent camera angles and editing, but running fraps while flying (live) lately has really brought to mind how much of the gameplay you lose on the film viewer.

Text buffer is gone (including kill messages, bomb hit messages, etc), the clipboard, E6B, exact view angles (custom positions) blackouts, and a bunch of other stuff is missing.

Do you AH film makers miss this? Or do you prefer the camera angle control and the "pure" (i.e. "clean") cockpit witout buffers and clutter to create your angles?

I'm a bit torn. I think each might have its potential. I suppose the best combination would be to include both, but I wonder what the impact is recording film and recording FRAPS at the same time live?

Has anybody combined film viewer angles/cameras with internal clips using FRAPS? Just curious.

Offline Lonmower

• Zinc Member
Re: In the cockpit recording vs film recording
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 01:45:33 PM »
I would LOVE to have all the flight controll movement, blackouts/Redouts and sounds in game in the film viewer, that would make it much better.
This might hurt a Little.
Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 02:00:21 PM »
In my mind I still have these great designs for little AH action videos, with excellent camera angles and editing, but running fraps while flying (live) lately has really brought to mind how much of the gameplay you lose on the film viewer.

Text buffer is gone (including kill messages, bomb hit messages, etc), the clipboard, E6B, exact view angles (custom positions) blackouts, and a bunch of other stuff is missing.

Do you AH film makers miss this? Or do you prefer the camera angle control and the "pure" (i.e. "clean") cockpit witout buffers and clutter to create your angles?

I'm a bit torn. I think each might have its potential. I suppose the best combination would be to include both, but I wonder what the impact is recording film and recording FRAPS at the same time live?

Has anybody combined film viewer angles/cameras with internal clips using FRAPS? Just curious.

Clean. The kill messages and the buffer mean nothing in film.  I have used fraps to make a film which I haven't released because its too glitchy there is much more stutter using fraps.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 02:15:17 PM »
I would LOVE to have all the flight controll movement, blackouts/Redouts and sounds in game in the film viewer, that would make it much better.
Yes!
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3