Author Topic: LANC MODEL  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
Re: LANC MODEL
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 02:12:54 AM »
ohhh those wooden laggs would be delicious to shoot down!
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline badace

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 03:35:07 PM »
I'd like to see the Lanc with the british .303 turrets instead of the US .50cal turrets, when remodeled.

They originally had the .303s and were changed because they were useless. You trying to get me killed Krusty?  :neener:
UGH.....

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 03:53:22 PM »
P.S. Nothing wrong with the B-24 model. It's what I consider 3rd Generation of graphics detail. Naturally the 3rd generation has improved since then, but it's still a large step above previous models.
what have you been smoking? the B-24 is really starting to show some wrinkles and IMO it needs a re-working. the interior looks fine but on the outside its like an old fry left under the fridge...

Offline iron650

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 04:00:54 PM »
all the YAKS plus plz add the the lagg's and yak 3

The Dude

What about the MiGs?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 08:00:21 PM »

They originally had the .303s and were changed because they were useless. You trying to get me killed Krusty?  :neener:
The Lancaster's tail turret never carried a quad of .303s.  It had two .50s from the moment it was added when v1.04 was released.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline DemonFox

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 09:34:37 PM »
Now I'm not a fan of the Lanc one bit BUT it is one of the most flown if not the most flown bomber in the game so I agree Lanc needs to have a face lift.

Offline SDGhalo

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 11:37:50 PM »
i think you should be allowed to choose what tail turret configuration before you sortie.

i found this on wiki

Armament

Defensive

While eight .303 in (7.7 mm) machine guns were the most common Lancaster armament, twin .50 in (12.7 mm) turrets were later available in both the tail and dorsal positions. A Nash & Thomson FN-64 periscope-sighted twin .303 in machine gun ventral turret was fitted to early aircraft, but fitting was soon discontinued and the turret often removed as it was hard to sight, especially at night. (Similar problems afflicted the ventral turret in the North American B-25C and other bombers).

When the threat of attacks from below began to be appreciated in the winter of 1943/1944, modifications were made, including downward observation blisters mounted behind the bomb aimer's blister[8] and official[9] and unofficial mounts for .50 in (12.7 mm) machine guns or even 20 mm cannon, firing through ventral holes of various designs. The fitting of these guns was hampered as the same ventral position was used for mounting the H2S blister.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 06:26:52 AM »
i think you should be allowed to choose what tail turret configuration before you sortie.

i found this on wiki

Armament

Defensive

While eight .303 in (7.7 mm) machine guns were the most common Lancaster armament, twin .50 in (12.7 mm) turrets were later available in both the tail and dorsal positions. A Nash & Thomson FN-64 periscope-sighted twin .303 in machine gun ventral turret was fitted to early aircraft, but fitting was soon discontinued and the turret often removed as it was hard to sight, especially at night. (Similar problems afflicted the ventral turret in the North American B-25C and other bombers).

When the threat of attacks from below began to be appreciated in the winter of 1943/1944, modifications were made, including downward observation blisters mounted behind the bomb aimer's blister[8] and official[9] and unofficial mounts for .50 in (12.7 mm) machine guns or even 20 mm cannon, firing through ventral holes of various designs. The fitting of these guns was hampered as the same ventral position was used for mounting the H2S blister.

i had heard of the ventral gun configuration in the early versions, and i knew that it was taken out, but i didnt know anyof the other stuff. :aok good job...but is wikipedia really a trusted source?  :headscratch:

Offline SDGhalo

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2011, 08:25:50 AM »
i alos got a couple books of the lanc in serivce with the RCAF during WW2 with records of the gun systems and if you go on you tube and find the colored video of the only RAF bomber raid video youll see it

and i found this on youtube as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D82SrRWrYCg

at 5:521 to 55 seconds shows they had some of them

Offline badace

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2011, 09:56:57 AM »
  While we are throwing all the others in there, I FORGOT B26... I think I love it more than LANC lol....
UGH.....