Author Topic: MY 2 CENTS  (Read 740 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: MY 2 CENTS
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 12:09:27 PM »
Nobody has mentioned inflation yet?   :headscratch:

In this case, perhaps it is a touch of deflation though. 

Stagflation maybe?

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 12:25:41 PM »
Speaking as someone that gets shot down; a lot.   I don't think the fact that they saw my icon had as much to do with their success as did a need for improvement of my abilities do.

So a -1 on the icons but any more strat targets would be welcomed.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 12:28:14 PM »
As someone who gets shot down; a lot. I don't think seeing my icon had as much to do with their success as did a need to improve my own ACM and shooting skills.

-1 on the icons but more strat targets are always welcome.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »
I like the idea of having icons be a tactical decision-

If you turn them on, you can see others' icons, but they can see yours, too
If you turn them off, you can't see others' icons, but they can't see yours either

It would add a whole new level of thought to the game.  It would also allow people to keep the icons if they want them, but give others the option of being stealthy.

-Penguin

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 01:39:24 PM »
So you want others to fly as if they were legally blind just so you can try to sneak up and shoot somebody that can't see you?

Real life is a lot different from how a computer screen looks. Even real film footage is a lot better than what we see, just with general movements, colors, saturatinos, highlights, resolution of details, etc.

No-icons is a false delusion pretending to be realistic. It's not realistic. Not in the least.

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 02:32:53 PM »
Sorry about the double post. I got an error message from my computer at work and didn't think it made it through.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 03:50:57 PM »
I like the idea of having icons be a tactical decision-

If you turn them on, you can see others' icons, but they can see yours, too
If you turn them off, you can't see others' icons, but they can't see yours either

It would add a whole new level of thought to the game.  It would also allow people to keep the icons if they want them, but give others the option of being stealthy.

-Penguin

And how exactly, in the MA where you can fly any bird from the planeset, would one determine whether the Niki, P-51, or 109 that was in front of them was a friendly or a foe? Part of the icon is the chesspiece that, along with the color of the icon, denotes the relative level of hostility that one may expect from said otherwise unidentifyable aircraft.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 05:03:56 PM »
And how exactly, in the MA where you can fly any bird from the planeset, would one determine whether the Niki, P-51, or 109 that was in front of them was a friendly or a foe? Part of the icon is the chesspiece that, along with the color of the icon, denotes the relative level of hostility that one may expect from said otherwise unidentifyable aircraft.
In his proposal he said enemy icons only.  Friendlies would still have icons.

His idea has enough bad merits and making up flaws that aren't in it is not needed.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 05:11:11 PM »
^^THIS^^

AND HAVING YOUR CAPS LOCK ON MAKES YOU ANNOYING AND ENSURES NO ONE WILL LISTEN TO YOU OR TAKE ANYTHING YOU SAY SERIOUSLY.  :aok

whats that you said.....

:neener: