Author Topic: Role of Strats  (Read 763 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Role of Strats
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 07:42:49 PM »
And if I remember correctly. Zone strats were tied in there. You could effect all listed above in a particular zone of a few bases without having to spend an hour to get there.

Thing now is no matter what way you slice it. Hitting current strats has no appreciable or noticeable impact. When was the last time you saw anyone concerned that they were bombing the fuel/ammo/grunt strats? Hitting strats doesnt really do much that would really cause anyone to care. So why bother defending or attacking them?

Too much effort for too little reward
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 07:58:59 PM »
And if I remember correctly. Zone strats were tied in there. You could effect all listed above in a particular zone of a few bases without having to spend an hour to get there.

No. Zone Bases were if you captured that base all the bases linked to it were no longer supplied automatically. Strats 100% or 0% didn't matter.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 08:29:39 PM »
I'm seeing two trains every 10 minutes or less supplying the strats.

You shoot the trains and they respawn further up the track.

The always make it to the strats such that tanking to the fuel portion of strats and destroying them has them coming back before you have finishied shooting your ammo.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 11:00:07 PM »
I'm seeing two trains every 10 minutes or less supplying the strats.

You shoot the trains and they respawn further up the track.

The always make it to the strats such that tanking to the fuel portion of strats and destroying them has them coming back before you have finishied shooting your ammo.

You need to take down the city first. That's where the RR engineers live.

wrongway

71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 11:33:19 PM »
I can't stand the way the strat system is now.  For guys like me on a Mid/Lower-end system,
it's just too much.  The strats are too close together and is really taxing my PC. 
I used to like to be in coordination with my squaddies and decide who hits what.  Now it's
all lumped together.  Took the fun right out of that one.
Not trying to be rude or cruel, it's just the way it is.
Pleasase don't try and make this game into MS FX...

Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 12:56:16 AM »
good post by op. just forgot to say bring back the old strats n trains <funny when ppl get shot down by train auto gun  :x >.

<S> greeny
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 07:49:04 AM »
Part of what burns me out so far in Aces High with how I (and my bomber buddies) prefer to play the strat game, is that besides the bases & towns, the city/factory strat way in the back is the only remotely viable target to hit.

So, we up, we fly over there, we bomb it, we defend ourselves... but, assuming we survive for the most part & land, that same strat stuff is back up to full capacity.

Yes, the fight was fun, and ultimately that is what it is about, but...

The impact of affecting resource availability (or lack thereof) has been an elusive aspect of this game for many years.

I'm simply not clever enough to offer an alternative.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 12:16:44 PM »
You need to take down the city first. That's where the RR engineers live.

wrongway

Already done that by driving tank there and egging someone into posting a "bomb the strats" mission.

I go in there and clean up much of what's left aftger the bombers have hit it, shoot incoming trains, and it's still back up in a few minutes.