Author Topic: Haven't been on in a while...  (Read 289 times)

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
Haven't been on in a while...
« on: June 10, 2011, 12:05:23 AM »
...been sailing here instead.

More photos here.

Short video here.

Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: Haven't been on in a while...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 12:11:51 AM »
Nice  :aok
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 03:37:24 AM »
very nice  :aok

36 foot?

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 07:25:06 AM »
Great pictures. I would have never of thought that the whales would get in so close to the coast line. Very nice lookin dog  :aok
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 10:19:30 AM »
Yes Nilsen, Omega 36.

Pipz, we were surprised as well.  Evidently they are feeding on Herring...we were seeing huge schools of the herring along the beach as well.  Memorial Day weekend is being referred to,by some, as the "weekend of a million whales".  Everyone was seeing lots of them.  One morning taking the dog to the beach in the dinghy I was zig zagging thru Humpbacks as they feed....makes you feel real small in a 9' inflatable.  :D

The dog is Katie, 8 year old miniature Australian Shepherd.  We're extremely happy with her, very intelligent, playful yet cuddles up on the couch.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"