Author Topic: gotta love the DA  (Read 1322 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: gotta love the DA
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2011, 11:31:54 AM »
Bighorn being there is what ruins it, not the new guys.  I am surprised he has not been kicked out of this game yet  :confused:
I laughed cuz I read your sig right after :lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2011, 12:18:05 PM »
I laughed cuz I read your sig right after :lol

:lol  I could not have done it with out him. 
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2011, 12:22:19 PM »

ahh you clearly dont know me.but i wont bother in explaining.i fly the MA all the time.i ask friends from the MA to 1v1.in the DA whenever i ask some1 to 1v1 they always bring a temp,la,or Chog.i just bail and go to MA.the furbal lake is full of temps and Chogs.thats what im trying to say

they must be doing it only to P you off, everytime I go there, I see all types of planes flying with maybe a seldom Tempest or F4U1C

The DA is mostly perk rides in F-3 mode spraying the sky with cannon. I would fly in the DA if the perk planes and F-3 was gone.

this is a myth/rumor that most who do not know any better will take as to be true, when it is not......

The DA has alot more to ffer than furball lake....... you just need to find the right people..... and the right people are there all the time 24/7...... you do not have to go find someone in the MA to have a great experience/practice in the DA....... although there is nothing wrong with asking someone in the MA to go to the DA with you, as long as you are not being arrogant about it or calling someone out......... then you might find out you are not as good as you think you are........

hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2011, 01:14:50 PM »
If anyone wants to learn to auger..... Call me.

If you want to learn what to do when flying through a hanger and once inside noticing it only has one door..... call me.

If you enjoy spelunking while flying.... call me.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2011, 01:36:58 PM »
You guys that say u never see tempests or chogs at DA lake are delusional. Sorry.

And I have had the same experience of wanting to duel the random player and have met with a ton of different idiotic planeset suggestions. The last one the tardlet made me fly a TBM and he flew a Dora. I won so then he brought a spit16. I won that one so he got a Brewster and pw'd me and I augered on a blackout. He talked crap and went back to the lake. This is not an isolated occurrence. The level of gayness in there is astonishing.

The fact that HTC has not split the furball lake from the dueling fields after repeated requests from long-time players is another indication that customer satisfaction is not a priority.

Also, the fact that there is no arena for pure dogfighting (with WW2 planes) that has the same side balancing and eny settings as the mains is an indication that this game isn't really primarily about aerial combat as it has been stated to be by HTC in the past. 

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2011, 01:49:46 PM »
I went into the DA last week first time in ohhhhhh 5 -6 years ( had to duel Changeup) one pass by the Lake was enough for me, and i just waited for Changeup to finish what he was doing then we dueled and i left.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2011, 02:32:07 PM »
The lake is only good for one thing in my book.  Practicing high intensity evasives and reversals against higher, faster, and usually better planed opponents.  Not to mention there are usually two or more on you at a time.  If you take it for what it is, you will get a good skill sharpening workout.  Do not expect more or less than this if you up there.  For true learning and sheer joy of dueling find some of the great folks (not necessarily talking about the highest skilled pilots) out there, go to a side field, have at it and learn something new.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2011, 06:48:21 PM »
BULLzeye, used to be Felix.  Are you a trainer?  Is there scheduled times?

No I'm not a trainer. To get a hold of one the best thing to do is use the "private message". Go HERE! for a list of trainers. Click on the "My Messages" above and send them a message. I know Morfiend spends a lot of time in the Training arena, he might be a good one to hook up with. If you can't match times with him, he might be able to hook you up with another.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2011, 07:57:04 PM »
1v1 is fun.but nothing else is.and u ask some1 to 1v1 and they bring a temp.or some other plane that doesnt take much skill to fly

Most planes need to be flown with some higher ability or they are easy meat for those folks with higher ability  :aok

The only plane that takes very little ability is mentioned in my sig  :D

Oh and the twit16 ofcourse   :aok

JUGgler

Army of Muppets

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2011, 11:13:40 PM »

Most planes need to be flown with some higher ability or they are easy meat for those folks with higher ability  :aok

The only plane that takes very little ability is mentioned in my sig  :D

Oh and the twit16 ofcourse   :aok

JUGgler

yeah,the tempest is just fast enough to run away if anyone gets on your 6(witch will always happen)it also has 4 20mm so u dont need that good of aim cause if u get a few rounds to connect they will be going down.

"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2011, 01:27:46 AM »
I go to furball lake occasionally.  Especially when the tourney is going.  I try to get a few flights in the assigned plane before dueling but I also go occasionally just to get a quick fight in.  I was warming up for the tourney tonight with a Yak9-T and I saw several Temps, C-Hogs amd Spit XVI's along with a smattering of other planes (P-51D's, Spit IX's and a Jug).  Last time I went there for a quick fight outside the tourney I was in a Ki-61 and did ok.

I think maybe my best sortie ever at furball lake was before my duels with batfinkv.  I managed three kills in a Spit I then ran out of ammo and flew another five minutes dodging a hoard of red guys.  It might have helped because that was the only duel I won in our match but batfink did suffer the dreaded inverted stall.

Furball lake can be fun.  You just have to know what to expect.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2011, 03:04:47 AM »
What ride the other guys are in just gives me the giggles when they fall to pieces like any other poorly flown aircraft.  :lol   Even the guys that don't attempt to even the sides up, instead migrate to the side with the most fighters in the lake, make me smile when they eventually loose sight of their horde and just like above, blow up real good.

Sighting the questionable behaviors of a few players over furball lake, is just confirmation that anything goes there.  That's really not such a bad thing.  Like some have suggested here, F3 mode might be a great place to practice evasive maneuvers while outnumbered.  Some folks are just plain smooth at that and to their credit, I believe that is the most important skill, staying alive.

Anyhow, if you are looking for alternatives I have two plugs for you:

Today, Sat. June 11th, there is a scheduled training event in the Training Arena at 9 pm discussion and workshop will be on E and Pursuit.  Other basic intermediate maneuvers.  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,314654.0.html

My favorite Arena, the Axis versus Allies Arena has started its very first Total Sea Battle, featuring 24 fleets and two sides USN and IJN. http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,314806.0.html

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2011, 06:13:58 AM »
What ride the other guys are in just gives me the giggles when they fall to pieces like any other poorly flown aircraft.  :lol   Even the guys that don't attempt to even the sides up, instead migrate to the side with the most fighters in the lake, make me smile when they eventually loose sight of their horde and just like above, blow up real good.

Sighting the questionable behaviors of a few players over furball lake, is just confirmation that anything goes there.  That's really not such a bad thing.  Like some have suggested here, F3 mode might be a great place to practice evasive maneuvers while outnumbered.  Some folks are just plain smooth at that and to their credit, I believe that is the most important skill, staying alive.

Anyhow, if you are looking for alternatives I have two plugs for you:

Today, Sat. June 11th, there is a scheduled training event in the Training Arena at 9 pm discussion and workshop will be on E and Pursuit.  Other basic intermediate maneuvers.  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,314654.0.html

My favorite Arena, the Axis versus Allies Arena has started its very first Total Sea Battle, featuring 24 fleets and two sides USN and IJN. http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,314806.0.html

are u seriously suggesting training for me?
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
-Tupac

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2011, 06:48:53 AM »
are u seriously suggesting training for me?

what if he is?????

I am a Trainer, yet I am still training everytime I fly for now on 15/16 + years............  you will never know it all, unless you are special like DMF or some old codger  :devil

plus some of the advice you have been throwing out is incorrect, so yes you should drop in on the Training clinic that Rolex is hosting tonight........ I am going to, can never get enough practice or training  :old:

do not take this as a flame please, take it as constructive criticism on you should polish up on your teaching skills  :aok

:cheers:

TC
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 06:59:47 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2011, 07:48:27 AM »
what if he is?????

I am a Trainer, yet I am still training everytime I fly for now on 15/16 + years............  you will never know it all, unless you are special like DMF or some old codger  :devil

plus some of the advice you have been throwing out is incorrect, so yes you should drop in on the Training clinic that Rolex is hosting tonight........ I am going to, can never get enough practice or training  :old:

do not take this as a flame please, take it as constructive criticism on you should polish up on your teaching skills  :aok

:cheers:

TC

ok i understand its constructive criticism but..about the advice im throwing out isnt true.if im putting advice its my opinion,im not saying its a fact or that im 100% correct.im saying that thats what i use or see it as.if i have time il stop by to the training thing.ive said in another thread that i prefer to learn things on my own.
-Cpl Fish
-Tupac