Author Topic: BLOOD & IRON movie from AvA event  (Read 665 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
BLOOD & IRON movie from AvA event
« on: June 12, 2011, 03:34:17 PM »
Here it is...sort of. I haven't really worked on the film much over the last two months, so I whipped up a 2 min trailer using what fotage I had ready. I plan on finishing the feature this summer. For now enjoy the trailer. Best in HD full screen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJEe-HCncro
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: BLOOD & IRON movie from AvA event
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 08:40:44 PM »
Chilli jumps to his feet misplacing his popcorn bucket somewhat upside down on Jaeger's head, whistling and applauding loudly  :banana:  :rock  Please dude, take all the time you need if this is the trailer!!  I am afraid to ask what's coming next.  Nicely done my friend.

No worries Jaeger was okay and his jet helmet deflected most of the unpopped seeds.   :eek:

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 08:45:05 PM »
Nicely done, Devil!   :aok. ..and a nice low sneak job!  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 09:01:01 PM »
Thanks guys.  :salute

Chilli, feel free to put this up on the AvA website.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 03:30:30 AM »
You are reading my mind.  It is up to Jimson, so I am off to have a chat with him to see.  :salute

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 06:23:46 AM »
 Great Film Devil  :aok 

Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 09:05:37 AM »
Very nice  :cheers:

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 09:09:54 AM »
Chilli jumps to his feet misplacing his popcorn bucket somewhat upside down on Jaeger's head, whistling and applauding loudly  :banana:  :rock  Please dude, take all the time you need if this is the trailer!!  I am afraid to ask what's coming next.  Nicely done my friend.

No worries Jaeger was okay and his jet helmet deflected most of the unpopped seeds.   :eek:

yeah but now my propeller is unbalanced!

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 09:12:10 AM »
Good job.  I feel sorry for the poor soul who collided with the Ju at the very end.  I'm sure he got some sort of posthumous award for defending the port.  ;)
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 09:14:08 AM »
Well... I thought it was "okay" except for the bit where you're dropping torps point-blank at stationary targets not firing back, and the AAA was most likely reduced or partially de-acked because you took no damage in or out. The only real threat was the P-47 at the end.

Knowing that kind of detracted from, say, doing the same on a moving fleet that was firing back the entire time.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 02:16:16 PM »
Krusty,

That was by design.  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,308257.0.html  Below was the event that inspired the film.  The stationary targets and the torpedoes did two things.  1) Specific areas to defend with a fictional premise that Hitler targeted his revenge as well as sought out to disable as much of the Allies' Navy, especially their submarines.  2) Torpedo bombers were forced low on the deck giving the defenders an opportunity to engage (in a timely matter in AH time).

The Baedeker Raids
Hitler demanded reprisals for the more than 250 tons of incendiaries dropped on the Baltic seaport of Lubeck.  The Luftwaffe's attempts to follow the Fuhrer's wishes would become know as Baedeker raids.

*Thursday night's event, is a fictional mission that is loosely based on units that served in this area.

While on temporary detachment to the Low Countries KG30 was the sole Ju88 Kampfgeschwader to remain in action against the British Isles.  Its two Gruppen were supported by 3 of the ex-coastal units Kampfgruppen 106 506 and 606.  Combined with the Ju88 torpedo- bombers of II. and III. / KG26 (brought up from their bases in southern France), they set out to disrupt the Allied shipping amassing in the Channel.  Their target was to be all ships in harbours like Portland harbour, but especially the Allies submarines.

Will the lessons learned at Pearl Harbor aide the Allies in their defenses, or are will they be doomed to repeat the tragedies on another front?  Come join in the AvA arena on Thursday March 10, 2011 recieve orders @ 8:30 pm EST and be sure to film every minute of it.  A contest will be held for the best edited film of the event.

There will be a You tube video contest. The best video of the nights action will be posted on the AvA website.
    Greater than 50% percent of these ships destroyed will be an Axis victory, less will be an Allied Victory
    There are 5 ships at each port 1 carrier 2 submarines 1 cruiser 1 destroyer
    Targets are the ships at P-105, P-106, P-107 and P-108, and P-109
    Axis objective: Torpedo as many ships as possible.
    Allied objective: Defend ports.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 02:22:52 PM »
Ah, many thanks for the additional context, chilli.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 06:58:24 PM »
Thanks for watching and the kind words guys.  :salute

Krusty,
Also make note that the images in the video also dont occur in the chronological order. Also even at differant ports. Much artistic license is taken in order to tell a concise story. Also note that a bulk of the Ju-88 sorties durring the event were flown by JvNotch( :salute), with this trailer being about 50/50 split between him and myself. I only made one run in bombers, the rest of the time being spent in 109G-2s. There is plenty of air combat to be seen in the final product.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 01:03:48 AM »
and many of my Deaths as Usual lol <S>Devil good Film so far think I was the 38 there int eh clip where Raven Smoked me while trying to get Notch
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-