Author Topic: Fallout:New Vegas-Dead Money  (Read 3420 times)

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
Re: Fallout:New Vegas-Dead Money
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 05:37:26 PM »
yes, everything you get in dead money can be used in the mojave, and the traders get stocked with the right ammo for each gun. the sierra madre chips can only be used on the vender in the BOS bunker tho.

Sweet,  I may actually have to finish it now  :D

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 05:54:02 PM »
Sweet,  I may actually have to finish it now  :D
i wrote a review of Honest Hearts on here too if your interested in knowing about it before you buy it.  :salute

Offline Seraphim

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 08:49:29 PM »
Honest hearts is pretty cool too... I went through it quickly though, so i didn't appreciate it as much.

But I'm sure I'll play it again.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 02:31:32 AM »
Honest hearts is pretty cool too... I went through it quickly though, so i didn't appreciate it as much.

But I'm sure I'll play it again.

What is cool about Honest Hearts is that it's actually a quest story line that was supposed to be in "Van Buren", which was going to be the original Fallout 3 by Black Isle Studios before Interplay closed it down.  The Burned Man (also referred to as the "Hanged Man") was a NPC companion and this was the quest that would get him to join you but he was a bad luck companion, causing all sorts of trouble if he tagged along with you.  In the original Fallout 3, he was hanged by Caeser and not burned but since the original Fallout 3 was cancelled, it never became official canon and hence they were able to change him into the Burned Man.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 06:16:27 AM »
What is cool about Honest Hearts is that it's actually a quest story line that was supposed to be in "Van Buren", which was going to be the original Fallout 3 by Black Isle Studios before Interplay closed it down.  The Burned Man (also referred to as the "Hanged Man") was a NPC companion and this was the quest that would get him to join you but he was a bad luck companion, causing all sorts of trouble if he tagged along with you.  In the original Fallout 3, he was hanged by Caeser and not burned but since the original Fallout 3 was cancelled, it never became official canon and hence they were able to change him into the Burned Man.

ack-ack
what ack said.

in the original van buran FO3, you were to play as a prisoner. you'd encounter Joshua hung by the neck at fort abraham.
you had the option to cut him free, but by doing so allmost every tribe in the nation would be hostile towards you.
he was essentually a "jinxed" npc, he was one of the strongest followers to have, but he would of brought alot of trouble with him, and made negotiations very difficult.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 06:51:54 PM »
Oh guys one thing i did not mention about the Ghost People is that its speculated that they are the ghoulified mutants of the previous  construction workers of the Villa.

Evidence to back up this theory is that some up the logs made by the construction workers  states that they had ordered Haz-mat suits in an attempt to collect samples of the cloud.

But the Haz-mat suits did little to protect the workers, it actually corroded the locks on the suits to where the workers had to cut there way out of it, and even then the gas still managed to infiltrate the suits.

The lumbering movement is thought to be due to the clumberness of the hazmat suits added with the decaying of there own bodies. But just like ghouls, they can move fast for short periods of time.

There Glowing green eyes have 3 theories behind them.

1. there the night-vision optics of the haz mat suits.

2. its said by Dean that the ghost people live in the sewers of the Madre, so they could of developed glowing eyes over time as an evolutionary move towards seeing in the dark.

3.Ghost people enhale cloud residue directly, resulting in there eyes mutating into giant greenish orbs. This theory is backed up by the fact that you can create "ghost vision" from collecting samples of cloud residue that lets you see in the way that the ghost people see.

Theres 3 types of Ghost people:

Harvester:The most common variant. armed with knive spears and throwing spears. They are the weakest of the 3 variants and are usually the ones who hang back and throwing spears at you until you get in there face, in which they change to there knife spears.

Trapper:These are the types who have the bear-claw fists, and are responsible for all the traps set around the villa.  They are best delt with from a distance. They also like to travel in groups.

Seeker: these are the types who wield the firebombs and knife spears. they are the rarest to run into out of the 3, and are the second weakest, but also the strongest overall.

The being said, it is possible to target the firebombs in VATS while still in there hands. if hit it will cause the bomb to explode resulting in a kill.(Dean explains that he found this out)

Hope ive been of further assistance  :salute

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 11:59:36 AM »
Sorry to reawaken this Old thread, But there is an Update on the Rust-like Cloud of the Villa.

-OWB+NV spoilers-

In Old World Blues, You find the answer to where the gas that had engulfed the villa came from.

It turns out that Sinclair, As rich as he was, Was not rich enough to pull off the massive operations he was planning to do at the Sierra Madre.

So he made a deal with the top scientists at Big Mountain, They would help fund the construction of his Villa, And in return he'd allow them to run experiments on the inhabites.

One of these experiments Sinclair was not made aware of: A malicious cloud of hazardous gas. The Scientists had been asked to create a type of chemical weapon that could be droped on Important Buildings within China, Kill all inside, but without harming the building or anything else within it.

The scientists at big mountain created such a cloud. and decided to test it deep within the vault of the Sierra Madre. The plan was to set off a small Dose of the cloud and record how it affected the workers who were building the vault. With this method they hoped by doing these experiments in the vault, It would be out of the public eye, And Sinclair would think the cloud was natural of the landscape, Instead of man-made.

Also, The scientist's wished to test our new hazard suits made specifically to protect one from the cloud. So when Sinclair called Big Mountain up, complaining about a mysterious cloud that was halting construction, The scientist's offered to loan some of these new prototype suits to a group of workers at the Sierra Madre.

The test became a Complete Disaster.

The Hazard Suits did not protect against the cloud completely. As stated. It ate away at the locks on the suit, and in the end, turned the people inside of them into Ghouls.

Before Big Mountain could get a handle on the situation, Nuclear War broke out.

As humanity fell into Chaos, The cloud went unchecked. It Began to grow, eventually leaking out of the vault into the villa. Where it killed anyone who Inhaled it in large doses.

And So that is the answer to the mystery of the Sierra Madre. A Place built by a man deep in love to protect a woman who was not faithful to him from Nuclear War which it failed to do And in the end the experiments done to the place scarred it for eternity.

P.S I'll be writing a Review for "Old World Blues" as soon as i complete it. Its by far the biggest DLC out of the 3 released so far. You find out a lot of where certain things in NV came from. I recomend getting it
 :salute