Author Topic: Starting up  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Starting up
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 10:39:42 AM »
You are on a wireless connection?  There is always going to be packet loss/errors on a wireless connection.  Some days will be worse than others, but there will always be some amount of errors in the data stream.

In the case of you Ping Plot, the errors are occuring on the data coming from the server to your computer.

There is really nothing that can be done about it.  It is the nature of the beast.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ICoLdCs

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 01:56:24 PM »
You are on a wireless connection?  There is always going to be packet loss/errors on a wireless connection.  Some days will be worse than others, but there will always be some amount of errors in the data stream.

In the case of you Ping Plot, the errors are occuring on the data coming from the server to your computer.

There is really nothing that can be done about it.  It is the nature of the beast.

Ok i guess i'll just wait for a new version to download.. :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 02:13:52 PM »
A new version isn't going to fix your bad connection. Your wireless connection can't stay connected long enough to get version checked. Fixing your wireless or going to a wired connection is what you need to do, or just keep trying to log in and you might hit it just right.and get in.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 02:35:15 PM »
i don't think he can "fix" his wireless...he's using clearwire-wmx.net which whois points to clearwire.com, a 4g wireless isp. great if you're using a smart phone or tablet pc to check email, not for gaming.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett