Author Topic: No Stationary Maps  (Read 368 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
No Stationary Maps
« on: June 19, 2011, 10:31:21 PM »
I wish they'd just scrap all the maps (like the current one) that don't promote a floating front line.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Re: No Stationary Maps
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 10:58:12 PM »
Feel free to make your own. All the tools are available to you.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 08:48:34 AM »
Not sure what a "floating front line" is...or how you're thinking it would work.  If you're talking about bases moving or popping up as sides capture territory, that would require a complete re-write of the game and complete re-write of the terrain editor and maps.

If you're just talking about concentrating the fights to just a few "front line" bases, I think we already have that capability.  The problem is that not everyone wants to be in a 30v30 fight between two bases 25 miles apart.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 09:22:41 AM »
Just sick of the current map.  As it starts out each country gets 2 carriers to attack with and the bases on the front line are few and in valleys.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline slayem

• Zinc Member
      • SWAMPDRAGONS  BASE
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 03:18:54 PM »
Maps with limited or no spawns, long drive spawns, or terrain that focuses the fight to too few bases do get old quick.
 More variables is more fun. More fun means more people. More people equals even more fun.
SWAMPDRAGONS C.O.
"General, we're surrounded!"
"Then split the men and attack both ways."
Gen.N.B. Forrest