Author Topic: A Lesson on Dar and Radar  (Read 3271 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: A Lesson on Dar and Radar
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2011, 10:45:59 PM »
It's just strange a 163 can climb 36,000 feet and the dar bar is not there yet.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2011, 01:06:08 AM »

I have come to the conclusion that most people do. Most just take notice of their immediate surroundings, if any at all

I can be in a parking lot in my 2500 HD crew cab diesel. Folks walking right down the middle of the lane with kids. I'm right behind them.

It's no wonder criminal pray on the ignorant in parking lots......... they have their heads up their arses.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2011, 11:31:57 AM »
I'm not sure you know the definition of "gamey" and it is certainly less "gamey" than your bailing after I climb 30k to get your buff a couple of years ago.
Seriously?  "a couple of years ago"? :huh

I too have see odd dar bar behavior.  Nothing like thinking that there's one con, and there are 5 or 6 waiting for you when you get close... 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2011, 01:44:11 PM »
I'm not sure you know the definition of "gamey" and it is certainly less "gamey" than your bailing after I climb 30k to get your buff a couple of years ago.

Many years ago, in a different game, when I was new and had no idea except I had seen many others do it and mistakenly thought it was part of the game.

(edited out because it was not nice)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:59:19 PM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2011, 01:51:34 PM »
LOL, another ex-Warbirder I see...  To be fair, Z's changed his stripes over here quite a bit from how he played a couple years ago.  He's still a dirty, filthy picking altmonkey ;) but I haven't seen him plug pull yet here.

Wiley.

Now that right there is the truth.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2011, 02:10:33 PM »
At list it is all clear now.

Dar is at 500 no wait 250 darbar is at 500 no wait 200 while dar is 65 but darbar is at 250 dar is at 200 when in the circle but not when in the sircle because then Dar is at 500 no wait 250 darbar is at 500 no wait 200 while dar is 65 but darbar is at 250 dar is at 200 when in the circle but not when in the sircle because then Dar is at 500 no wait 250 darbar is at 500 no wait 200 while dar is 65 but darbar is at 250 dar is at 200 when in the circle but not when in the sircle because then Dar is at 500 no wait 250 darbar is at 500 no wait 200 while dar is 65 but darbar is at 250 dar is at 200 when in the circle but not when in the sircle because then . . . . . . . .

:old:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2011, 02:15:49 PM »
Foul, I say... Totally Foul. You are the pharoah of phoul, and I post to get pinged every time this gripping but surely moribund thread updates. Someone will surely cross the line shortly. Then the foul fowl will surely fly into the fan - the result of which will be the spraying of fowl fecal material to and fro - and that's no canard.

Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2011, 02:36:58 PM »
Foul, I say... Totally Foul. You are the pharoah of phoul, and I post to get pinged every time this gripping but surely moribund thread updates. Someone will surely cross the line shortly. Then the foul fowl will surely fly into the fan - the result of which will be the spraying of fowl fecal material to and fro - and that's no canard.

Zilla, someone has laced your cereal, just step slowly away from the Captain Crunch.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2011, 06:51:27 PM »
I just tested again in the LW arena with Delirium on another country.

He flew from a field adjacent the water to rule out terrain height.
He gradually gained altitude, pausing at increments to allow the radar refresh to cycle.
He was painted on bar dar above 250 feet.
He reduced altitude in increments until his bar dar disappeared under 65 feet.
He gradually gained altitude again and his bar dar never reappeared again even about 1,500 feet. He was able to fly all the way across the map undetected and his bar dar only reappeared after he entered a radar ring.
No one else on the same country as me could see his bar dar either, so it was not localized to me.

I upped and Delirium observed. I gained altitude in increments the same way as he did. He saw no bar dar until I was over 500 feet. My bar dar disappeared to him as I flew under 65'.

Delirium and I recorded the same inconsistencies as Lusche (Snailman) and I recorded months ago. Sector counter height is 250' or 500' AGL.

Last night I flew an noe mission.    I saw someone get above 250feet =  dar bar.   I then told him to get below 250 feet and the dar bar went away.

Unless the enemy sees different,  I'll have to disbelieve the theory of  'climb above 250 ,   then you must get below 65 to make the dar bar go away'.      I certainly will be testing this theory more.
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2011, 07:01:43 PM »
Last night I flew an noe mission.    I saw someone get above 250feet =  dar bar.   I then told him to get below 250 feet and the dar bar went away.

Unless the enemy sees different,  I'll have to disbelieve the theory of  'climb above 250 ,   then you must get below 65 to make the dar bar go away'.      I certainly will be testing this theory more.

And that's exactly why it's inconsistent, or simply bugged under some circumstances we don't have tracked down yet. Usually, it works as advertised, but sometimes it's really messed up. That's what Rolex (et al) practical tests under controlled  circumstances do show. They aren't just "theory". It started out with having a lot of reports of inconsistent behaviour by players who are usually known for precise power of observation and not for simply crying out "bug", and then several players started to do some dedicated tests.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2011, 07:31:52 PM »
It might be something or not, but last week on one of the maps I thought I noted odd radar behavior at two friendly bases with overlapping radar rings also overlapping the bases (and their radar towers) themselves, both within I believe the same major map sector.  The SW-most field was under constant attack from an enemy fireld just to it's own SW with nothing in range of the NE-most field's dar but still constantly setting it off until some enemy destroyed the SW-most base's radar tower and had been "vacated" from the premesis of the overlapping NE-base's radar circle.

I originally dismissed it for a sneaker at our NE-most base, but after searching the town and field and all nearby barns for a bit of time (no enemy vspawn was there) I realised nothing was there so it was probabley someone hiding.  After the radar was downed and the enemy con cleared and then it finally stopped flashing - that I thought was odd.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 07:34:19 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2011, 09:52:27 PM »
Maybe a new thread in the Bugs section or move this one, I don't know. Would be interesting to find out the issue.
Yea, simply because I can

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2011, 10:31:36 PM »
Spies don't bother me........its bigfoot and Shawk that scare me!!!!!  .....have you ever noticed the resemblence?
999000 <S>

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2011, 11:19:06 AM »
Spies don't bother me........its bigfoot and Shawk that scare me!!!!!  .....have you ever noticed the resemblence?
999000 <S>

What about me ?  I don't scare you just a little?  Sometimes?  I know for a fact when I see someone shot down by a B17 he attacked and he comes back on country channell and says "That's 999000 at XXX", I make sure to fly textbook, no mistakes, patience and timing all important.  Heck you're the only buff in the game that I consistently see warnings posted re your position.  If you are ever bored just PM me, you know I will come running to either wing with you, or to remove a wing for you mate <S>.
Wag more, bark less.