Author Topic: This week in the AVA: Road To Ruin  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Zeagle

• Nickel Member
Re: This week in the AVA: Road To Ruin
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 02:05:16 PM »
Sorry for a noob question, but....is there a set time to show up? And can I just show up alone or do I need to be in a squad?
Looking to fly Luftwaffe.

:salute
-Zeagle-
"Black 1"

FW-ISS Bremen

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 02:09:53 PM »
Any time you want.  If you go in and nobody's there go find something fun to do and you'll eventually be surrounded :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Zeagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 09:29:23 AM »
Actually went in and had a blast. One thing though, is it my eyes or the map? Seems like things are shorter range than on the MA maps.

Unfortuantely I couldn't stay too long, but had some awesome engagements trying to protect V231 from the P-51's and P-39's.
-Zeagle-
"Black 1"

FW-ISS Bremen

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 10:01:13 AM »
yes.  The AvA uses a lot of specialized maps, and many of them have sector sizes smaller than the standard MA ones.  And because the AVA also often utilizes various radar (base) settings, it can be a challenge to determine the size of the sector without doing the maths provided by radar settings.

The AVA, in the recent no-icon for enemy phase, also often made dot dar global and down to the deck. Whether this pattern will continue (I hope so) with the newly brought back 3k icons for both, I dunno.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 11:02:50 AM »
radar rings have been reduced to 39000
bomber warning has been reduced to 15800. this means dots will show up, but they wont flash the base unless within the 15800 feet.
icons should be about 3k for everything.