Author Topic: Bomber Damage  (Read 439 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Bomber Damage
« on: September 08, 2011, 04:56:21 PM »
I have been trying, since it came out, to figure out how the number of 'damage' you land in a bomber relates to Damage points in your score. Or how does it relate to anything? Where does the number come from and is there a formula?

Thanks.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
Re: Bomber Damage
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 05:31:50 PM »
Ground points for a single sortie = (DamagePointsScoredOnObjectsTh isSortie * DeathMult) + (DestroyedPointsScoredOnObject sThisSortie * DeathMult)

So in a nutshell... you get points for doing damage to objects, multiplied by the death multiplier (if you land, bail, ditch, die, etc).  Then you add those to the points you got for what you destroyed, multiplied by the death multiplier.

This then is kept in a running total in your score called "Damage Points" in both your bomber and attack category.

this info can be found here: http://www.hitechcreations.com/Help-Section/Aces-High-Features/aces-high-help-scoring.html

Now... each object in the game is worth a certain amount of points.  Now this is a guess, but I pretty sure the point value equates in some way to the hardness of that object.  An ammo bunker has a hardness of .3125.  For damage purposes you multiply that times 1000 to determine the explosive power in pounds needed to destroy it... 312.5.  (just for reference a 250lb bomb does 315 "points" of damage). Again... this is speculation, and it see if it is true you would need to destroy one object (without damaging anything around it) and then go land, but it seems that a single ammo bunker, building, fuel bunker etc... could be worth 312 points if totally destroyed.  Likewise... a hangar has a hardness of 2.7182, which converts to 2718.2 lbs of explosive power to take it out.  Meaning a hangar could be worth 2718 points.  This assumes they are using 1000 as the multiple for damage points in scoring.... it could be less.

But... even if they are, it is safe to assume that the harder the target, the more points it is worth, and I would gather is it along the same ratio as hardness.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 05:35:57 PM by AKP »

***G3-MF***

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 06:12:40 PM »
ok so I just dropped a hangar and all the field guns at a VBase in a B-25H.... landed 1875 damage.  So I have to see if I can figure out what the multiplier is.  Its not 1000 if they are using hardness for scoring.

***G3-MF***

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 06:17:46 PM »
I understand the damge points in score, but how does the points u see when u land relate?
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 06:49:07 PM »
That I do not know.... this was my first attack sortie in MW this tour.  And I have 51021.30 damage points... but I only landed 1875. 

***G3-MF***

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 06:53:34 PM »
I think that killing other planes when you bomb ups your damage points

In other words a fighter hanger is worth more if you kill a few bad guys in the process of killing the hanger

Perk points get multiplied for kills as well

A hunch