Author Topic: For the whiners of the dueling bracket  (Read 4109 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: For the whiners of the dueling bracket
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 02:43:11 PM »
Yer head is gonna explode SunBat :)

I was with ya for a bit, but when the conversation spins towards weak and scared, in a cartoon game, I drifted right away again.

If you've got the time and the inclination, more power to ya.  Nothing wrong with good competition.  Where this thing got lost for a bit, was in the cartoon ego's getting too wrapped up in something so trivial.  The tourney is voluntary after all.  You can kick my cartoon tail all over the arena from now until doomsday and it won't change the fact that I'm still sitting at my computer enjoying myself pretending to be a cartoon fighter pilot.  No fear, no risk, no weak constitution.  I'll still be OK with me in the morning :)

Which is exactly how I feel.   Well put Dan.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 02:45:14 PM »
After which tournament did this thing get lost?  Just wondering because I saw neither Karaya nor Corky sign up for any of them.   :aok

Must have got lost before the first.   :noid

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 02:49:25 PM »
After which tournament did this thing get lost?  Just wondering because I saw neither Karaya nor Corky sign up for any of them.   :aok

Insert comment about not being in because of the perceived egos. OR the I didn't have the time to have a 15 min dogfight.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 02:51:41 PM »

It's cuz I'm skeered of ya Grizz :)

I trust you get the point, not that you'd want to admit that :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 02:57:03 PM »
I didn't have the time to have a 15 min dogfight.

The timezone issue turned out to be a killer this time round.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2011, 02:58:05 PM »
You can kick my cartoon tail all over the arena from now until doomsday and it won't change the fact that I'm still sitting at my computer enjoying myself pretending to be a cartoon fighter pilot.  No fear, no risk, no weak constitution.  I'll still be OK with me in the morning :)

That is my point exactly.  So what could possibly be the reason for sitting out if you have the right attitude about cartoon death?  It can only be that you are too weak to deal with a little controversy or you are scared that your skills will be put on display.  I really don’t see any other reason to not participate other than one.  That one reason is that you really don’t care to, but if that is the case, say so rather than flitting around the BBS saying that you are too good for a competition full of poor sportsmanship. Thereby placing yourself on a high horse, which is what the honorable Karaya has done to the detriment of those organizing and participating in the tourney – not to mention the tournament itself.  

As proof that I “get it”, I myself compete knowing that I am not going to win.  I fight guys that also sign up in that tournament all the time and usually don't win.  So going in, I know I won’t win.  I sign up for the fun and opportunity to perhaps meet someone new,  fight someone new, learn something new and see how far I can get.  The price of that tutition and admission for the fun I have is that everyone will know when MickyD pwns me.  No big deal.  It's worth it.  Do you get it?

I value and appreciate your “It’s all fun” sermon, Corky, but in this case, it actually proves my point.  Anything else is you trying to shoehorn your own sermon into a spot that it won’t fit.  
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:00:16 PM by SunBat »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 03:05:10 PM »
It's cuz I'm skeered of ya Grizz :)

I trust you get the point, not that you'd want to admit that :)

Ha, I'm an ez kill.  

Well your point was that there is nothing wrong with some good competition (I Agree) and that this thing got lost along the way (I also agree).  But when did it get lost because I did not see many of the most vocal "THE FIGHT" guys signing up and partaking in it before it "got lost" which was well into over a year of these competitions.  I also do not see many of these fellows in KOTH, which are basically the two events that would cater to that mode of play more than anything else in the game aside from furball lake (which they don't fly at either).

Something stinks and I hate to say it, but I think Sunbat's "Scared" theory is the simplest and most plausible theory to explain this phenomena.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 03:09:53 PM »
That is my point exactly.  So what could possibly be the reason for sitting out if you have the right attitude about cartoon death?  It can only be that you are too weak to deal with a little controversy or you are scared that your skills will be put on display.  I really don’t see any other reason to not participate other than one.  That one reason is that you really don’t care to, but if that is the case, say so rather than flitting around the BBS saying that you are too good for a competition full of poor sportsmanship. Thereby placing yourself on a high horse, which is what the honorable Karaya has done to the detriment of those organizing and participating in the tourney – not to mention the tournament itself.  

As proof that I “get it”, I myself compete knowing that I am not going to win.  I fight guys that also sign up in that tournament all the time and usually don't win.  So going in, I know I won’t win.  I sign up for the fun and opportunity to perhaps meet someone new,  fight someone new, learn something new and see how far I can get.

I value and appreciate your “It’s all fun” sermon, Corky, but in this case, it actually proves my point.  Anything else is you trying to shoehorn your own sermon into a spot that it won’t fit.  

You are trying to hard on this one Bat.  I'll be the first to concede I'm not good enough for the competition.  Some great sticks playing in this thing.  I choose not to participate. More power to you for finding the time.  That doesn't diminish my support for what BE is doing voluntarily to try and contribute to the game, nor does it stop me from enjoying what is generally some good fights, flown by a majority of classy folks showing good sportsmanship.

The irony to me was that the folks actually involved in the original dust up, didn't have a problem, it was the mob that piled in after them.  Then it became the usual, which crew is going to get the last word competition so they can 'prove' they're right.  And lets be honest, it's that same crew doing that wherever there's been some kind of dueling bracket of one kind or another.  
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2011, 03:33:09 PM »
You are trying to hard on this one Bat.  I'll be the first to concede I'm not good enough for the competition.  Some great sticks playing in this thing.  I choose not to participate. More power to you for finding the time.  That doesn't diminish my support for what BE is doing voluntarily to try and contribute to the game, nor does it stop me from enjoying what is generally some good fights, flown by a majority of classy folks showing good sportsmanship.

The irony to me was that the folks actually involved in the original dust up, didn't have a problem, it was the mob that piled in after them.  Then it became the usual, which crew is going to get the last word competition so they can 'prove' they're right.  And lets be honest, it's that same crew doing that wherever there's been some kind of dueling bracket of one kind or another.  

Corky, I never said anything about you.  I don’t recall you saying that the reason you don’t participate is because of the poor sportsmanship.  That was directed toward Karaya and the others of his ilk that look down their snouts at the competition.  You have put yourself in the middle of the “fight” now and have been accidentally popped on the chin. Grizz makes a good point. I don’t see why you don’t sign up for the tourney.  You say you just don’t want to, but what you always DO say you want is the fight.  How much more pure of a fight are you going to get than what BE has set up for us in this tourney?  You don’t choose anything, everything is equal and all there is left to do is meet and fight.  Brilliant!  It should be right down your alley.  You play enough to where you would have time.  I just don’t get why you wouldn’t do it.  Perhaps my theory is gaining more and more steam…

I see papers published.  I see SunBat in Vegas as a keynote speaker on toon psychological phenomena.  I see standing ovations. I see book deals.  I see me shaking hands with the Dos Equis guy; I see him getting jealous cuz his ladies find me more interesting.  I see me…and man am I sexy with my theory. 
AoM
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2011, 03:46:14 PM »
Corky, I never said anything about you.  I don’t recall you saying that the reason you don’t participate is because of the poor sportsmanship.  That was directed toward Karaya and the others of his ilk that look down their snouts at the competition.  You have put yourself in the middle of the “fight” now and have been accidentally popped on the chin. Grizz makes a good point. I don’t see why you don’t sign up for the tourney.  You say you just don’t want to, but what you always DO say you want is the fight.  How much more pure of a fight are you going to get than what BE has set up for us in this tourney?  You don’t choose anything, everything is equal and all there is left to do is meet and fight.  Brilliant!  It should be right down your alley.  You play enough to where you would have time.  I just don’t get why you wouldn’t do it.  Perhaps my theory is gaining more and more steam…

I see papers published.  I see SunBat in Vegas as a keynote speaker on toon psychological phenomena.  I see standing ovations. I see book deals.  I see me shaking hands with the Dos Equis guy; I see him getting jealous cuz his ladies find me more interesting.  I see me…and man am I sexy with my theory. 

:rofl :rofl

you are a friggin riot :rofl

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 04:30:22 PM »
Ha, I'm an ez kill.  

I get stuck in a state of delirium when I think of this statement

oops :t

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2011, 06:04:27 PM »

Think I'll wait for the book :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 06:09:26 PM »

Permission to use in sig?  :aok
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
Permission to use in sig?  :aok
You know u never have to ask, Fud. :D  
AoM

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2011, 07:43:20 PM »
You know u never have to ask, Fud. :D  

:) :aok
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27