Author Topic: New: Search & Destroy 2  (Read 3193 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
New: Search & Destroy 2
« on: June 24, 2011, 01:45:58 AM »

Search & Destroy 2

Here's one I've been working on for quite some time.  Had problems with there being so many planes to fly from one base vs poor fps.
Had a moment of clarity today and that issue is resolved.
  Anyhoo, grab one of twenty different planes and head to grid 10-8, where you'll patrol the entire sector for 18 enemy contacts.
each enemy aircraft fly their own unique pattern.  Since this is such a large area for one aircraft, I've kept all cons at 5k AGL until engaged.
You may warp into grid 10-8 from the North/South/East or West.  Your choice.

Terrain:  Ndisles
File Size: 4.28MB
Duration:45 Minutes
See the ReadMe file for a more detailed briefing.

Hope you like this one.  For me, it's a personal favorite.
 :cheers: Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: New: Search & Destroy 2
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 12:08:30 PM »
 *Not trying to bump this thread, as it was already on page 1.*

This mission has been updated.  If you downloaded it before today's date, then that is an older version.
The link in the OP will still work, as well as the one in my sig.

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline Klam

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 11:08:14 AM »
Nice job Sir... :salute

One thing to ask is...can I change some of the planes?   
I don't usually fly any of the ones in the mission.
I'm trying to get my head round the P40e and FM2. 
Your great mission would give me
some valuble combat practice in them

I have a copy of the mission editor program but have never used it.
Is it possible to open your mission in it and change a few birds?

Thanks

Klam
=Anglo-Saxon=

ingame ID: Petrol

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 01:22:40 PM »
Nice job Sir... :salute

One thing to ask is...can I change some of the planes?   
I don't usually fly any of the ones in the mission.
I'm trying to get my head round the P40e and FM2. 
Your great mission would give me
some valuble combat practice in them

I have a copy of the mission editor program but have never used it.
Is it possible to open your mission in it and change a few birds?

Thanks

Klam

Sure you can change the planes if you want.  Just make sure to rebuild the mission using the Mission Editor, then save it.
If you have any trouble just shoot me a PM with a list of planes you want changed.

Game Id's:

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 10:21:23 PM »
i just flew this tonight. twice. EXCELLENT mission. i absolutely love the voice directions. 'specially the sexy female voice.  :devil

i've only 2 complaints.....and they should be viewed more as suggestions i think.

i can't hear the guns when the bad guys are firing at me, as in the regular arenas.
 i'd like to be able to set it to a setting that if i;m in an allied aircraft, i'll only come against axis, and vice versa.

gonna try one of the others tomorrow night.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 11:04:05 PM »
i just flew this tonight. twice. EXCELLENT mission. i absolutely love the voice directions. 'specially the sexy female voice.  :devil

i've only 2 complaints.....and they should be viewed more as suggestions i think.

i can't hear the guns when the bad guys are firing at me, as in the regular arenas.
 i'd like to be able to set it to a setting that if i;m in an allied aircraft, i'll only come against axis, and vice versa.

gonna try one of the others tomorrow night.  :aok

I don't recall if I've ever heard the enemy's guns as they fire at me.  I know I can hear them hit me, lol.
As far as having one side Axis and one Side Allied, that's a good idea.  I just did it this way so there would be a bigger plane set
to choose from.  Maybe I'll leave this mission as part II and change up the aircraft for a part III.
Glad that chicks voice is working in the missions.   ;)

:joystick: Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 11:08:40 PM »
I don't recall if I've ever heard the enemy's guns as they fire at me.  I know I can hear them hit me, lol.
As far as having one side Axis and one Side Allied, that's a good idea.  I just did it this way so there would be a bigger plane set
to choose from.  Maybe I'll leave this mission as part II and change up the aircraft for a part III.
Glad that chicks voice is working in the missions.   ;)

:joystick: Coogan

oooo yea. i can definitly hear their rounds hit me. over and over and over and over....well...you get the point.  :rofl

i forgot.....i also friggin LOVE the sound effect for the warp. gives a nice scifi feel.

i didn't mean the axis/ally thing as a complaint......and i'm glad you like that idea.

i can't wait to try the others.  :aok

and thank ya sir!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline RipRap

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 02:07:15 PM »
Very nice work. I have been offline for about 2 years now. I just downloaded the new version and flying offline practices to shake the rust off (before entering the MA). This is just what i needed.

I especially like the comm voice & the warp effect, great touch.
Otto  ~Flying Penguins~

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 10:47:17 AM »
Very nice work. I have been offline for about 2 years now. I just downloaded the new version and flying offline practices to shake the rust off (before entering the MA). This is just what i needed.

I especially like the comm voice & the warp effect, great touch.

Thanks RipRap, glad ya liked it.  I'll be making some more as soon as time permits.

Game Id's:

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 04:54:11 PM »
love the mission coogan, really fun one this time around. :aok

:cheers:

Offline Orbitson

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 01:42:51 PM »
This is just what I was looking for.  I'm trying to get better in the Ki84, any chance you could add the Ki to the available plans to fly for this fellow Michigander?  I have no clue how to use the mission editor  :salute
Syd*****Flying with The Floyd
By the way which one is Pink?

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 04:47:40 PM »
This is just what I was looking for.  I'm trying to get better in the Ki84, any chance you could add the Ki to the available plans to fly for this fellow Michigander?  I have no clue how to use the mission editor  :salute

As soon as the Mission Editor is repaired, I'd be happy to include the Ki84 to the mix.  
The Ki84 is included with my USA vs Japan mission, if you want to practice with that one for now.  
Just click the Icon in my signature to get to my offline missions.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 04:49:39 PM by 100Coogn »
Game Id's:

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 02:27:13 AM »
I just DL this mission and flew it several times. Great mission but there is one bug I found. When I shoot the 109f my plane gets hit sounds like kill shooter. It didn't seem to damage my plane though.
Fun mission, Thanks!
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Sniff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 06:07:01 PM »
As soon as the Mission Editor is repaired, I'd be happy to include the Ki84 to the mix.  
The Ki84 is included with my USA vs Japan mission, if you want to practice with that one for now.  
Just click the Icon in my signature to get to my offline missions.

Hey, i like a lot of your missions, but i have a few questions i'm hoping you can answer:

1) Why do the AI aircraft all go down near the ground to engage in dog fight instead of staying in high altitude? (this happens  in all missions regardless of who created them)

2) i have a slightly older version of Aces high (2.23 patch3) so was just wondering does the new Aces high patch run off line missions cleanly? I remember i updated my Aces High but the offline missions had a lot of problems so i had to downgrade to older version.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 02:17:46 PM »
Hey Sniff,

The combat intelligence of the offline missions isn't as good as it once was. Sometime after they published version 2.12.4 the management team must have decided that the offline mission intelligence was "too good", which allowed them to concentrate more of their development efforts on the online features. I remain hopeful that future versions (which may mix scripted missions with online combat) will once again benefit from the brilliant artificial combat that characterized offline missions in old version 2.12.4 and earlier.
 :salute