Author Topic: MINI BEEP! IM SO GUNNA MAKE ONE.  (Read 5913 times)

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
Re: MINI BEEP! IM SO GUNNA MAKE ONE.
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 02:37:28 PM »
Oh do please teach me your ways  :D

what would you like to learn?  :old:

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 03:44:11 PM »
:rofl I love the BBS...

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 03:58:08 PM »
Wooden frame = fail.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline iron650

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 06:37:14 PM »
with my luck id get it built and there would be a sherman camping my driveway :noid

No, they would have a King Tiger camping.

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 06:49:30 PM »
Wooden frame = fail.

I thought so, too. It does have it's advantages, though. Bouyancy and replacability seem the front runners.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 07:03:18 PM »
something to hold on to when the glue fails?
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 07:12:07 PM »
with my luck id get it built and there would be a sherman camping my driveway :noid

you mean like this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlUbZhsxcWI
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2011, 07:58:33 PM »
Wooden frame = fail.
IM SORRY?

naw but its not like it doesn't have its advantages, but you could do the same thing with sheet steel and go by the manual.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2011, 09:25:54 PM »
what would you like to learn?  :old:
I have no idea, what have you to offer in terms of lessons.
IM SORRY?
(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

naw but its not like it doesn't have its advantages, but you could do the same thing with sheet steel and go by the manual.

Bring up a good point, heck i'd get one but here's my question, how fast does it go?
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2011, 09:34:40 PM »
Bring up a good point, heck i'd get one but here's my question, how fast does it go?

I'm sure you could modify a bigger engine if the one that comes isn't good enough. It looks pretty strong, though. Speed? Who knowns. Looks like it has a bit of giddyup, though.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2011, 09:47:23 PM »
Remember, it still has to be seaworthy.

-Penguin

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2011, 10:41:30 PM »
I have no idea, what have you to offer in terms of lessons. Bring up a good point, heck I'd get one but here's my question, how fast does it go?

It really depends on set up, your in my expert Field now. That doesn't look all that fast (about 5mph by the looks of it) however with tampering of the throttle manifold control and a change of transmission gearing you could potentially get it up to 20 or so. Remember its not a automobile, its more torward a ATV quad and as is uses pretty much a lawnmower engine however i wouldn't be surprised if you could get a small automobile engine on that thing, (small liter 2-4 cylinder or vw bug engine) however i wouldn't because then it probably wouldn't float, what you want to stick with is a horizontal shaft motor, the engine it has now is a single cylinder 196 cc and always remember cc stands for cubic centimeters (sorta like you have liters on cars). The more cylinders and Cubic centimeters you have determines how much power the engine has. You could probably and easily put a 600 cc motor on that thing and that alone would be overkill unless you reinforce the hell out of that body and put some seatbelts in. Transmission and gearing isn't all that difficult on something like that. "big gear on engine to small gear on Axel = speed, other way around and you have torq. The beauty about it is that they literally say,"go by the manual all the way, some of it, or nearly none at all, ITS YOUR CHOICE! HOWEVER I RECOMEND STICKING TO THERE PLANS AND PART SO YOU HAVE A BASE TO WORK OFF OF

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2011, 10:44:40 PM »
Remember, it still has to be seaworthy.

-Penguin

That's up to the operator, however there is many ways to counter the weight when your heavy in the water.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 11:12:12 PM »
It really depends on set up, your in my expert Field now. That doesn't look all that fast (about 5mph by the looks of it) however with tampering of the throttle manifold control and a change of transmission gearing you could potentially get it up to 20 or so. Remember its not a automobile, its more torward a ATV quad and as is uses pretty much a lawnmower engine however i wouldn't be surprised if you could get a small automobile engine on that thing, (small liter 2-4 cylinder or vw bug engine) however i wouldn't because then it probably wouldn't float, what you want to stick with is a horizontal shaft motor, the engine it has now is a single cylinder 196 cc and always remember cc stands for cubic centimeters (sorta like you have liters on cars). The more cylinders and Cubic centimeters you have determines how much power the engine has. You could probably and easily put a 600 cc motor on that thing and that alone would be overkill unless you reinforce the hell out of that body and put some seatbelts in. Transmission and gearing isn't all that difficult on something like that. "big gear on engine to small gear on Axel = speed, other way around and you have torq. The beauty about it is that they literally say,"go by the manual all the way, some of it, or nearly none at all, ITS YOUR CHOICE! HOWEVER I RECOMEND STICKING TO THERE PLANS AND PART SO YOU HAVE A BASE TO WORK OFF OF
200cc is actually pretty good for that kind of engine I would think? I almost got a go kart with a 250 cc engine did 45, I would think 50 less wouldn't be to much of a loss, and I know it means cubic centimeters.
Edit: I know how transmission works, and most of this stuff your talking about, but for some reason or another building just isn't my thing anymore, I can't even glue an easybuild rc plane together right and I tried more than once. My grandfather would have to help me out cause thats his thing, however by the time I could get that kind of money I doubt he will be able to move or craft as good as he does now.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 11:18:01 PM by F22RaptorDude »
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2011, 11:36:44 PM »
200cc is actually pretty good for that kind of engine I would think? I almost got a go kart with a 250 cc engine did 45, I would think 50 less wouldn't be to much of a loss, and I know it means cubic centimeters.
Edit: I know how transmission works, and most of this stuff your talking about, but for some reason or another building just isn't my thing anymore, I can't even glue an easybuild rc plane together right and I tried more than once. My grandfather would have to help me out cause that's his thing, however by the time I could get that kind of money I doubt he will be able to move or craft as good as he does now.

sounds like my type of guy... used to be the same way, but now I'm a perfectionists