Author Topic: Aces High Trainer Corps  (Read 2335 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Aces High Trainer Corps
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2011, 04:34:51 PM »
I deliberately made this announcement simple and general to see how the people who respond think. Are they able to anticipate what information should be included and can they present it well? Those are important skills for what we do. If someone is not sophisticated enough to understand that, they are not going to be a good fit as a trainer.

I'm trying to open up the process. This gives us more people to draw upon if more openings occur in the future.

Thanks to all the people who responded.

:) I love it how there is always a little insult hidden in every nice post.  Did that post just disqualify you?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2011, 07:14:02 PM »
Yeah, baseless  :roflr You can tell TC knows what I am talking about but something was not transferred to him correctly or he may not remember.

OK so they taught you in school the definition of baseless, but have they taught you the defintion of insinuate, perpetuate or pretentious yet?  You actually need to learn everything before you know everyhting.

He's following the rules, the ones just requested and stated for all to see, despite how hard you try and how much effort you'll spend on comprehending this, he will not engage directly in your forum shinanigans or baseless debate.

I'm calling your bluff, what specificaly is your concern or issue against the requirements?  Man up or step away from trolling the thread.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2011, 08:42:09 PM »
I have no idea what you're going on about, dedalos. I thought your first few posts were jokes, as if there really is some secret ritual or rite of passage. If you don't write using sarcasm, people have a better chance of understanding what you're trying to say.

Just to clarify a few things:

1. There are no secret requirements.
2.  The old method of selecting new people was done by trainers nominating people they thought would be good trainers, then everyone discussed the positives and negatives of the skills and demeanor of the people nominated. Then, a decision was made. Nothing sinister and no secrets.
3. I'm taking this route because I'd like to see who's motivated, and I'm sure there are some motivated and qualified people that I don't know personally from the game. I'm going to have an interview process, which has not been done before.
4. Since you have not sent me a PM to volunteer your time and energy, I don't understand how this thread affects you, or what right you think you have to criticize this process.

I don't have the time or motivation to go back and forth on this anymore.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:44:22 PM by Rolex »

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2011, 10:19:01 PM »

3. I'm taking this route because I'd like to see who's motivated, and I'm sure there are some motivated and qualified people that I don't know personally from the game. I'm going to have an interview process, which has not been done before.

Sounds like a good plan Rolex.  I like it!
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 01:12:40 AM »
Always good to see your text, mtnman.  :salute
-------------------------------------------

Thanks to all the people who sent me a message. There are some excellent candidates.

I'll be contacting some of you by the end of next week (July 8th) to set up a time for us to meet and talk over vox.

I don't think I'll be able to send everyone a personal reply, but please know that your submission was appreciated. If you don't hear from me by July 8th, I'll keep your information available for future openings.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 01:32:35 AM »
Rolex any time I go into the TA I am willing to use my plane as a target for the New Pilots. Just a friendly heads up.

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 08:38:41 AM »
OK so they taught you in school the definition of baseless, but have they taught you the defintion of insinuate, perpetuate or pretentious yet?  You actually need to learn everything before you know everyhting.

He's following the rules, the ones just requested and stated for all to see, despite how hard you try and how much effort you'll spend on comprehending this, he will not engage directly in your forum shinanigans or baseless debate.

I'm calling your bluff, what specificaly is your concern or issue against the requirements?  Man up or step away from trolling the thread.

Edit: deleted out of respect for a friend.   <S>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:52:30 AM by dedalos »
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 08:57:16 AM »
I have no idea what you're going on about, dedalos. I thought your first few posts were jokes, as if there really is some secret ritual or rite of passage. If you don't write using sarcasm, people have a better chance of understanding what you're trying to say.

Just to clarify a few things:

1. There are no secret requirements.
2.  The old method of selecting new people was done by trainers nominating people they thought would be good trainers, then everyone discussed the positives and negatives of the skills and demeanor of the people nominated. Then, a decision was made. Nothing sinister and no secrets.
4. Since you have not sent me a PM to volunteer your time and energy, I don't understand how this thread affects you, or what right you think you have to criticize this process.

I don't have the time or motivation to go back and forth on this anymore.  ;)

Thanks for taking time to improve the game for folks Rolex :) 
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 09:11:36 AM »
Dedalos when you state that the trainers have secret requirements without providing a basis for your accusations then you are making, by definition, a baseless claim.

There is no requirement to prove that something doesn't exist. The burden is on you to support your allegation.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 09:20:51 AM »
I guess some of the applicants will find out for them selves soon enough.

I think this was the point of approaching it the way Rolex did.  ;)
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2011, 10:14:47 AM »
I'd be willing to star in the  "here's what NOT TO DO" films :)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/