Author Topic: Offline: Anyway to turn on bomber guns on the ground??  (Read 990 times)

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
Offline: Anyway to turn on bomber guns on the ground??
« on: June 28, 2011, 05:26:03 PM »
Any way to enable the bombers turret guns in offline mode?

Oneway

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Offline: Anyway to turn on bomber guns on the ground??
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 09:04:34 AM »
Nope. Hard-coded I believe.

Although you could "fly" very low and set up a custom headwind and match the speed of the wind. Set auto pilot level at about 5 feet AGL and it's similar.

Only problem is said wind will affect your bullets. I assume you're thinking of testing gun dispersion or some such? It might interfere slightly with that.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 10:30:38 AM »
Nope. Hard-coded I believe.

Although you could "fly" very low and set up a custom headwind and match the speed of the wind. Set auto pilot level at about 5 feet AGL and it's similar.

Only problem is said wind will affect your bullets. I assume you're thinking of testing gun dispersion or some such? It might interfere slightly with that.
here is a way to test gun dispersion. get into the air flying north then type .target (numbers 1-1000 ) then shoot at the target that pops up

example i want to test the dispersion on the 13mm German MG so i take of in say 109g6 fly north and type ".target 500" then a target will pop up 500 yards off your nose
hope this helps
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 04:42:24 PM »
I don't know that's what he wants. It was only a guess.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 08:10:29 PM »
there may be a setting for it in the arena setup oneway. 

I'll have to double check when I'm on my AH machine,  but flight mode flags would be the first place to look.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 08:22:22 PM »
Thanks for the replies...

I am trying to complete a database of the guns in the game and would like to test a few guns that are turret mounted such as the tail gun on the Kate for instance...and other turret guns...

My testing method is to set the hardness mult to 1 for hangers and then the hardness to 100 lbs...protect objects off...and count the bullets required to bring down the hanger...rebuild it and test again...

I also do a rate of fire test, weight of the aircraft before the gun is emptied and after.

Some guns are only found on turrets...this type of testing is best performed on the ground, not moving, engine stop, hanger spawn...

Something tells me you just can't enable this... even off line...

Oneway

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 09:12:03 PM »
As I understand it, guns in AH are coded by type, e.g. an aircraft Browning .50 uses the same code, be it in the wing of the P-47D-40 or the ball turret of a B-17G.  If you have tested the gun in one place, you have tested it in all places, excepting rate of fire with interrupter gear.  If, for example, the tail gun on the B5N2 is the same type of gun as the guns on the D3A1 then you have already tested the damage per shot.  Rate of fire can be tested in the air just fine.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 09:25:28 PM »
As I understand it, guns in AH are coded by type, e.g. an aircraft Browning .50 uses the same code, be it in the wing of the P-47D-40 or the ball turret of a B-17G.  If you have tested the gun in one place, you have tested it in all places, excepting rate of fire with interrupter gear.  If, for example, the tail gun on the B5N2 is the same type of gun as the guns on the D3A1 then you have already tested the damage per shot.  Rate of fire can be tested in the air just fine.

The problem is this...the gun on the Kate is also one of the guns on the Val...however...you cannot separate the guns on the Val...there is no secondary fire...

Thus the type 92 is not a stand alone weapon on the Val...its linked up with the 97...

The only place in the game that the 92 exists in a stand alone config is the tail of Kate

Its probably the only condition (at lease so far I have discovered) like this.

There are some gun packs like the pack on the A65 that has the 13.2 Type 3 that exists on no other airplane in the game...and is linked with the other machine gun..and thus cannot be tested at all...

All in all their will be a few holes in the data base and it appears as if their is no work around for these atypical conditions

Oneway

edit: your correct ROF can be done once airborne...but the ammo load aggregated weight and bullet weight calculation cannot because of the fuel burn...unless I do dry fire runs and then live fire runs...that is a pain the butt I do not want to do unless absolutely necessary....parking in the hanger and blasting away with engines off is the slickest and quickest.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:29:07 PM by oneway »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 10:07:26 PM »
Set fuel burn to 0.0001 in order to get rid of it as a changing factor for weight.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 10:14:17 PM »
Set fuel burn to 0.0001 in order to get rid of it as a changing factor for weight.

Excellent suggestion

Thanks

edit: Thats why they call this forum "Help and Training"

edit2: when I include the damage value of the .45 ACP in the tables will I be officially checked into the AH insane asylum?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:18:09 PM by oneway »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 09:33:00 AM »
The problem as I understand it with using hangars is that they are biased towards explosive rounds. They're not quite as detailed as, say, the flight damage model.

Oneway, I don't know what you are referencing with the D3A Val...

There are 2 guns of the same type in the nose, and a different gun in the gunner's nest. The different types of guns are not linked. The 2 guns of the same type in the nose are linked, but not the tail gunner.

So I'm confused what you mean there?

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 08:24:26 PM »
The problem as I understand it with using hangars is that they are biased towards explosive rounds. They're not quite as detailed as, say, the flight damage model.

Oneway, I don't know what you are referencing with the D3A Val...

There are 2 guns of the same type in the nose, and a different gun in the gunner's nest. The different types of guns are not linked. The 2 guns of the same type in the nose are linked, but not the tail gunner.

So I'm confused what you mean there?

Slap me up side the head...

The Val has a Gunner?

Now don't I sound especially stupid? I had no clue...

I know about the flight model thing and kinetics when it comes to plane v plane and how it effects rounds...but I am just trying to find a base line for each gun...and using a hanger provides that.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 02:02:17 PM »
Slap me up side the head...

The Val has a Gunner?

:aok

Although, one that DOES have linked guns is the A6M5b, with a 13mm in the nose linked with a 7mm. You may not get around that one, as I think it's the only plane with that gun?

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 06:31:19 PM »
Any way to enable the bombers turret guns in offline mode?

Oneway

No but it should be allowed in the MA  :aok

Stinking, skirt wearin, leg shaving, metrosexual scumbag vulchers  :mad:

JUGgler
Army of Muppets