Author Topic: Factories retreat to rear  (Read 1116 times)

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Factories retreat to rear
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 01:50:29 AM »
What would b the benefit of say, actually forming one of our famous bish horde missions, specifically targeting a nations factories. And what kind of numbers would it require?

I ask mainly to see if it might b done some rare time....i remember a ghi mission with something like 40 sets of b26s, it was epic as all hell. 163 screaming through, fighters of allllll make, tracers in ever view.

Just wondering if it be productive, as well as obviously epic, to get several sets of 17s or other medium/heavy bombers n target all of a nations factories on a single mission.

Sorry, noobish I know, but I love the mass bomber missions, n am curious about the mother of them all.

so what would it take to do, and is there any other reason than fun factor that could justify such a massive mission (as if u needed more ;) )

Ty in advance,
Condor

swoops used to do that on Titanic Tues.big formation of 29s would takeoff and in 1 trip go to both enemy strats.you should have heard the radio when we had all let our bombs out and then the factories retreated due to a base being taken.

you could try posting a mission and giving it 2 hours til launch to get people interested,thats what swoops did.
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline DeadStik

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 12:09:52 PM »
So ideally it would go like this "The (Country)'s factories will retreat to the rear in 3 minutes."
Dedstick

Offline Condor11

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 12:20:16 PM »
Haha I remember the mass 29 runs, but I figure since everyday is titanic, there might be an advantage of running one every map reset or so.

And comeone wntr :p, I'm not well known enough to get bish joiners. At best I only lead mission elements when chewie or my squaddies post.....i was more thinking id bother chewie to do it  :D

But like I asked, whats the advantage of dropping the factories,  I mean drop all at once 100%. (in my head I see mass b17 raids like in ww2)

s :airplane:
In game: CoverNow
Formerly : Condor
"If you cannot respect the forum posting rules, do not expect to get a twinkie for it."-Skuzzy

***Alchemists***

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 12:23:20 PM »
As soon as the line approaches the distance in which attacking them is becoming a feasibility, they retreat, making them worthless.

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 03:27:23 PM »
Haha I remember the mass 29 runs, but I figure since everyday is titanic, there might be an advantage of running one every map reset or so.

And comeone wntr :p, I'm not well known enough to get bish joiners. At best I only lead mission elements when chewie or my squaddies post.....i was more thinking id bother chewie to do it  :D

But like I asked, whats the advantage of dropping the factories,  I mean drop all at once 100%. (in my head I see mass b17 raids like in ww2)

s :airplane:

i think the current strat system is the more % the factory is down,the longer time it takes for a base to resupplied.say you bring down ord factory to 25%,i think it would take a base that has ords down 1:30 for them to pop.i think im wrong on the time though.now thats assuming it stays at 25%.witch means you need to bring the city down pretty much all the way.the only strategic thing about the strats are....

kill the city-kill a factory.killing the city just makes the factory stay down longer.witch in turn makes say a fuel tank or ord bunker stay down longer at a base.so to be "strategic" you kill the city all the way and then kill a factory.the rest of it is just so what,you can re supply it.thats why theres no point to the strats
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac