Author Topic: Question for Greebo or Waffle  (Read 622 times)

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
Question for Greebo or Waffle
« on: July 06, 2011, 09:51:18 AM »
This is a skin request. I have been looking for images of the F4's that the VMF 213 used. While looking online I have found a 213 historian of sorts. He sent me some images and is hunting for more. I was wondering how much more detail you need before you could make the skin. Judging by the canopy in one of these photos im almost sure it is the F4u1, but I know they also flew the F4u1a.

This one is of George Defabio's. Its the best of the ones I have.

C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
Re: Question for Greebo or Waffle
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 09:54:09 AM »
If anyone has any books on WW2 VMF history the 213, along with the 124 were assigned to Air Group 4 and put on the USS Essex on Dec 28th 1944. They were the first Marine squads to be carrier based.
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 10:04:01 AM »
here is a link that shows the planes, but do to copyright you cant cut and paste.
http://www.markstyling.com/F4U.htm
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 05:28:58 AM »
It is an F4U-1. The photo of "De Fabe" and the Mark Styling profile is enough to skin the plane. Ideally I would like a clearer shot of the nose art but I can wing that.

Lyric has also found me some Chog skins to do and I can skin this one at the same time. I'll probably be free to do these in a few days.

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 02:33:23 PM »
Thank you Greebo. If you go to the link I provided there is a better picture of the dice. Also there a picture of the F4 flown by 1st Lt. Foy Garison. It has an eagle on the nose and if you click on the picture it shows a close up. Hopefully soon I will find some of the 1a's flown by the 213 and you could make those.
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4