Author Topic: Sirs, may I ?  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Sirs, may I ?
« on: July 11, 2011, 11:15:28 AM »
Is it possible for me to be considered a hired gun and available to any squad that wishes to, or needs to fill out their roster?  I enjoy meeting and flying with lots of different folks and participating in the FSO's.  I had the pleasure of flying with II/JG27 last Friday.  We arranged this before hand.  Would it be a rule infraction if I had no pre-arranged squad to fly with and just showed up as a "gun for hire" ?

Love this game.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Sirs, may I ?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 04:15:18 PM »
As long as it is pre arranged I don't believe it is an issue.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 05:43:49 PM »
Would it be a rule infraction if I had no pre-arranged squad to fly with and just showed up as a "gun for hire" ?
Yes it would.

As Spikes said just make pre-arrangements and you are good to go. :) Those that just show up and ask for a ride get themselves in trouble along with any squad that accepts them.

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 06:03:23 PM »
There are alot of squads that will welcome in pre-friday night.  412th would be one of them.  Just contact Nefarious via PM or me and I can arrange it.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 06:46:13 PM »
Thank you for the clarifications gentlemen.

I shall abide by the rules and make sure I have a specific squad to fly with before I enter the arena.

And thank you Becinhu <S>.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 07:28:08 PM »
Thank you for the clarifications gentlemen.

I shall abide by the rules and make sure I have a specific squad to fly with before I enter the arena.

And thank you Becinhu <S>.

I pop into the FSO events on irregular basis as an independent...but I do not do it unless I have contacted the group(s) I want to fly with.

3-2 hours before the event they are setting up the arena (daddog, plissken, unclekurt..)...That's when I make my move. I shoot into the SEA 1 and ask those guys who is flying the airplane I want to fly (allied bombers).

That answered, I drop back to the BBS (Boards) and shoot a PM or two...or go to MA and send a PM or two requesting permission to join that group on that night.

If I get a green light then I will show up in the FSO pre-flight, make sure I have disbanded from any squad I might be attached to, inform the Cooler or CM that I have permission to fly with XX unit and will be colored up shortly "SIR"

After that I keep refreshing and scanning the roster; I find my people and go to where they are. I get colored up as fast as possible; I get the group VOX and request a squad invite.

Follow that procedure and your golden

:aok

** make sure to check the write up before doing any of this. Read the arena setup, plane sets, objectives etc...be informed...be an asset. Don't ask questions that are answered already and elsewhere.
When your in the SEA hunting plissken and daddog prior to the vent...read the MOTD...then read it again after showing for game time.

FSO CM List: http://ahevents.org/cm-team.html
FSO Ops: http://ahevents.org/events/fso.html
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:58:48 PM by oneway »

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 09:26:30 PM »
Zoney, you ae welcome to fly with Kommando Nowotny any time.  :salute
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline snakeplissken

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 09:57:11 PM »
Also Zoney, OnewayCh gets the OK to fly with a squad way in advance. On the night of the event he is "in colors" meaning on roster with a registered squad, as far in advance as possible.  After that, fly within the rules and compose yourself.  FSO is a event for registered squads.  But We on the CM team recognize that squad size and composition in FSO is different from the MA.  From the CM team... Help us out.  And I promise that we will show up every FSO to help each and every player and CO out as well.  Try to organize 400 people you meet on a street corner?  You start to understand the daunting task of FSO.  We all share the burden.  We mostly share the joy!.  ~~~ Snake ~~~
The Unforgiven motto: Quid posset ire iniuriam

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 12:40:33 AM »
Well said plissken

Independent pilots wishing to participate in what arguably is the the penultimate Aces High experience have a special burden to carry.

They must 'acutely' recognize and respect the nature of the event (squad centric), and avoid at all cost burdening an already taxed volunteer staff that administer FSO's

Special privilege demands extraordinary responsibility not to be taken lightly; your being allowed to play by the grace of another, who answers to others.

Flying with an FSO squad on FSO means you have flown with them before in the MA or another event; you have their recognition, blessing and acceptance beforehand..

That having been said...the FSO world is a fabulous place for a 'responsible' independent pilot to meet new people and expand gaming experience.

We can thank the plisskens and daddogs in our world for that....

Oneway

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:25:25 AM by oneway »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 11:36:57 AM »
Thank you again mates <S>.

FYI, I take FSO's very seriously and make sure I come prepared.  I always follow orders.  As always it is my intention to be an asset to the squad I fly with and the side I am on and I make the effort to give more to the game than I take away.  I also believe civility and sportmanship is much more important than winning.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 12:50:01 PM »
Thank you again mates <S>.

FYI, I take FSO's very seriously and make sure I come prepared.  I always follow orders.  As always it is my intention to be an asset to the squad I fly with and the side I am on and I make the effort to give more to the game than I take away.  I also believe civility and sportmanship is much more important than winning.

We're you still wanting a spot?
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 01:32:00 PM »
This Friday, I have accepted Perdweeb's kind invitation to join him.

I will want one for the following Friday though.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 01:54:35 PM »
Well, like I said, you are welcome to fly with us anytime. If you like it, I can write you down for permanent more or less :) But, if you fly with us, you owe me one kill per FSO  :devil

J/K we have fun. We are also usually very successful.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 11:30:52 PM »
Zoney,

I see you got hooked up...for Bay Town 2

I also see you had a good time...and lived to tell about it....

Well done Zoney...well done indeed sir...

FSO rocks...

Zoney
22:32:53 Departed from Field #140 in a Fw 190A-5
23:43:35 Helps Stampf shoot down bump.
23:49:03 Takes on fuel/ammo/ord at field #142.
00:05:19 Shot down a P-47D-11 flown by AKZiff.
00:05:37 Shot down a P-47D-11 flown by AKHoopy.
00:12:20 Shot down a B-17G flown by MAD1.
00:14:07 Arrived Safely at Field #142
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 11:33:49 PM by oneway »

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 01:00:57 AM »
Zoney, it was a pleasure flying with you on friday. Excellent job, sir. :salute
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com