Author Topic: Stall Buffet  (Read 705 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Stall Buffet
« on: July 14, 2011, 05:23:53 PM »
Stall Buffet

This is pretty much the same stall buffet as in game, but I added an alarm to it.  So if you are buffetting for a couple seconds,
the alarm will play-stop-play-stop, until you end the buffet or crash.  You still hear the buffet when the alarm is playing.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
Re: Stall Buffet
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:40:45 PM »
My preference on stall sounds is no alarm and more of a light buffeting noise, I don't like my plane yelling at me whenever I push it a little. The short alarm in the buffet sounds great though, I think I'll use it!  :aok

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 05:58:49 PM »
never liked the stall horn or buffet sound, I turned them both off. but then I did learn the game before the sall buffet was introduced. I rely on the wind noise and stress creaking.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 08:29:23 PM »
My preference on stall sounds is no alarm and more of a light buffeting noise, I don't like my plane yelling at me whenever I push it a little. The short alarm in the buffet sounds great though, I think I'll use it!  :aok
Thanks GNucks.  Glad ya like it.  I didn't know if they had an alarm like that back in the 40's, so I didn't really want to make a
modern beep alarm, and didn't want it beeping all the while the buffet was playing either.  I think the on/off thing might work ok.

never liked the stall horn or buffet sound, I turned them both off. but then I did learn the game before the sall buffet was introduced. I rely on the wind noise and stress creaking.
I'd probably be the same way, but there were both sounds when I learned the game.  I'm just an old dog I guess.  :)

:cheers: Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 10:09:38 PM »
All sounds are full blast except my engine, it's almost nothing
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 11:07:13 PM »
All sounds are full blast except my engine, it's almost nothing

I have my sounds set to 50%-75%.  That gives me some head-room in case a sound is way too loud
or one is too quite.

Coogan
Game Id's: