Author Topic: wat ever happended to pilots with honor  (Read 18777 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: wat ever happended to pilots with honor
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 09:28:09 PM »
And you are a good example of such hypocrite. You whine when you die and say you were "ganged" or what not but you are more than happy to "gang" yourself.

What I want to know is if you were successful in quest for cleansing and calling out updogging hypocrites?
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 09:30:52 PM »
I'm an old timer, I like to think us older players had a bit more "honor" or "class" or "sportsmanship" back in the earlier days of this game and AWIII.  Some of us still hang on to that. To us the game was all about fighting. Ganging a guy 4 or 5 on 1 isn't fighting, it's just looking to grab an easy kill. Personally I still ask if a guy wants help in a 1 vs1, will dive in to help a lone friendly against 2 or 3 or more even tho we both are most likely going to die. I'll by-pass a 2 or 3 friendlies on 1 with out a second thought. I still avoid shooting on a head on merge even KNOWING that the other guys going to fire.

Some of us still play this game just for the thrill of the fight, not for score or our name in lights.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 09:34:06 PM »
I'm an old timer, I like to think us older players had a bit more "honor" or "class" or "sportsmanship" back in the earlier days of this game and AWIII.  Some of us still hang on to that. To us the game was all about fighting. Ganging a guy 4 or 5 on 1 isn't fighting, it's just looking to grab an easy kill. Personally I still ask if a guy wants help in a 1 vs1, will dive in to help a lone friendly against 2 or 3 or more even tho we both are most likely going to die. I'll by-pass a 2 or 3 friendlies on 1 with out a second thought. I still avoid shooting on a head on merge even KNOWING that the other guys going to fire.

Some of us still play this game just for the thrill of the fight, not for score or our name in lights.
I am not saying this is you but When i find a vet that proclaims this is what he does a majority of the time they are complaining because they couldnt land. Now my question is if this is all about the fight to some of you guys then why in the world would you be worried about landing after beating the guy you just fought so hard to have a 1v1 with? Dont take this the wrong way  :salute I never go into the MA looking for 1v1s but if they come my way you bet that i would engage with no prob
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:35:47 PM by DrBone1 »
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 09:38:58 PM »
I am not saying this is you but When i find a vet that proclaims this is what he does a majority of the time they are complaining because they couldnt land. Now my question is if this is all about the fight to some of you guys then why in the world would you be worried about landing after beating the guy you just fought so hard to have a 1v1 with? Dont take this the wrong way  :salute I never go into the MA looking for 1v1s but if they come my way you bet that i would engage with no prob

Right over D Bones head and symptomatic of the problem

Its not the 'landing' part Bone...its the 'honor' part

:bhead

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 09:40:14 PM »
For just one month, I really wish HTC would remove the "name in lights" function just to test it out, what is the harm in that???  I'd be willing to bet the game changes for the better.  More people will take challenging aircraft instead of the easy-mode stuff.    

Also, I'd like to see HTC change up their scoring formulas to throw off the rank dweebs, too.

Scoring, ranking, name in lights... do not kid youself, they ALL lend to the arcade style of playing.    
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 09:41:04 PM »
Right over D Bones head and symptomatic of the problem

Its not the 'landing' part Bone...its the 'honor' part

:bhead
Honor? But what is considered Honor in this game really?Honostly if this was about Honor you guys wouldnt have a prob flying into 10 guys and killing 5 out of 10 of them maybe push yourself to be better in multicon engagements instead of wanting everyone else to fly the way you want?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:42:58 PM by DrBone1 »
=The Damned=
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 09:43:52 PM »
Like this game I am adapting everyday to the tactics of the regular Horde Monkies. Like i said Gents not being rude Just wanting to see it from the other point of view
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:45:46 PM by DrBone1 »
=The Damned=

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 09:49:48 PM »
Most folks haven't an effing clue about how to prevail in a fight, and are desperate to get ANY sort of kill, via ANY means........will always be so
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »
I'm good at flying brewsters
Arnt we all?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:58:02 PM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 09:54:27 PM »
Personally, if you check my score you'll see I very rarely land, but then again that goes along with the honor/class thing. Why wouldn't you let someone land? Wheres the fight in killing a guy with his flaps out and his gear down dropping like a rock to the runway? Maybe you need the kill to get layed later in the week, but personally if there isn't a fight, I wouldn't bother. Have I vulched, sure, but more often than not I like to see them get a bit of speed up so they have a chance. If 6 other guys are diving the runway, well they don't often get that far.

It's all in how YOU want to play the game. I preach my way to any one who will read it. You on the other hand may be looking to get a longer list of kills each month, or more of certain names on that list. What ever, as long as we are having fun. Like it was said above, don't expect it, and you can be pleasantly surprised when you get it.

In this game I'm the same as I am in real life, no "persona" here. When I play golf and shoot a 95, my scorecard doesn't say 72.  I don't have to be the top scorer and prove anything to any body. I'm here to have some good battles, and when I run into a like minded individual we do. Some NEED that satisfaction of a good score, or their name in lights. I love to be able to limp home in my beat up bird and NOT have to worry about some clown picking me as I belly in, but thats the way it is these days.... got to have that one more kill to look good to the peanut gallery!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 10:05:52 PM »
Personally, if you check my score you'll see I very rarely land, but then again that goes along with the honor/class thing. Why wouldn't you let someone land? Wheres the fight in killing a guy with his flaps out and his gear down dropping like a rock to the runway? Maybe you need the kill to get layed later in the week, but personally if there isn't a fight, I wouldn't bother. Have I vulched, sure, but more often than not I like to see them get a bit of speed up so they have a chance. If 6 other guys are diving the runway, well they don't often get that far.

It's all in how YOU want to play the game. I preach my way to any one who will read it. You on the other hand may be looking to get a longer list of kills each month, or more of certain names on that list. What ever, as long as we are having fun. Like it was said above, don't expect it, and you can be pleasantly surprised when you get it.

In this game I'm the same as I am in real life, no "persona" here. When I play golf and shoot a 95, my scorecard doesn't say 72.  I don't have to be the top scorer and prove anything to any body. I'm here to have some good battles, and when I run into a like minded individual we do. Some NEED that satisfaction of a good score, or their name in lights. I love to be able to limp home in my beat up bird and NOT have to worry about some clown picking me as I belly in, but thats the way it is these days.... got to have that one more kill to look good to the peanut gallery!

sad but most are not like you...and some absolutely have no Honor in life..... how will they ever understand it in a game......

to the OP there is HONOR in this game...it just gets buried by all the "mine mine mine..." attitude.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 10:11:07 PM »
Bottom line is the only one I can control is me.  Accepting that fact and playing the game in a way that I believe is respectful of other players is all I can do.

That and not getting worked up because someone doesn't play it my way :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
how can somebody know if another is out of ammo?  and if somebody I see that just picked 3 of my friends then called winchester, should I let him land?  our that set of buffs that is just landing, they killed the hangars at my base, should I let then land?

hell no, you up expect to get killed.  you want to have honor then let that dweeb with no skill kill you instead of killing him again for the fourth time in a row.  that would bed the honorable thing to do.  been here for five years and been listening to this whatever happened to honor crap.  

I don't play for honor, since they'd is no such thing in a cartoon game.  I play for the fun.  

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 10:18:46 PM »
:rofl Honor in a game?   Wmaker it is not wise to call out those who actually fight rather than those who run at first sight of an enemy of course not when you fly the brewster  :neener: Try again.  :D Also sorry Bruv this thread was asking for DBone approval  :aok

I don't fight? Ok. Glad we got that sorted out.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »
Bottom line is the only one I can control is me.  Accepting that fact and playing the game in a way that I believe is respectful of other players is all I can do.

That and not getting worked up because someone doesn't play it my way :)

Yep.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!