Author Topic: Coral Sea Needs You  (Read 565 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Coral Sea Needs You
« on: July 12, 2011, 05:58:54 AM »
Please register for Coral Sea Scenario.  Fly carrier operations as a fighter, divebomber, torpedo pilot, or as a land based fighter or bomber pilot.  Make new friends.  Have a blast!

You get to fly two nights as Axis and two nights as Allied.  This way you get to experience both sides of the Coral Sea battle.
http://ahevents.org/images/stories/scenarios_images/201103_CORALSEA/rules.html

Show-Up Time for this scenario is 9:30 pm Eastern Time in the Special Events II arena. The arena is closed to admittance after Show-Up Time. The action starts in July, 2011 as follows:
?July 23: Coordination frame -- please all attend
?August 6: Frame 1
?August 13: Frame 2
?August 20: Frame 3
?August 27: Frame 4
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Coral Sea Needs You
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 06:47:47 AM »
It is up to the AH community to make this happen.  We need several more pilots on both teams to meet the minimum staffing requirements to run the scenario.  Join and enjoy! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 06:57:34 AM »
This is truly an amazingly fun event. No manned puffy ack to worry about, auto ack turned way down so the action over the flattops is consistently intense. You get to fly the best of both worlds in this one: the superior mobility of the Japanese and the outstanding reliability of the Americans.

Please, DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED by the low numbers to register, after all it could be YOU who becomes a pivotal member of your team. These events are one of a kind, you get to meet new players, and make new friends you wouldn't normaly see in the main arenas. You will love it! Even if you think you might miss a couple frames, still register!

We need YOU for Coral Sea!

:salute
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 03:23:38 PM »
One of the most rewarding and challenging scenarios I've ever participated in before.  The side-switch makes it dead-even and I guarentee each frame will be balls-to-the-wall as everyone tries to find the enemy, carry out missions, and stretch their aircraft and personal capabilities to the edge of their abilities.

This is one of the funnest scenarios to be a torpedo or a dive bomber attacking an enemy carrier task group too, it is not a guarenteed meat grinder or proverbial brick wall.  AAA lethality is cranked way down from the typical MA settings, allowing even the most flamable fuel-laden axis paper and toothpick kites a decent and respectable chance at sinking their target if they make it to within dropping distance.  Everyone will have fun - and with a little planning and luck, an awesome experience shared with your teammates.

I'll be upfront and voice that I think the hardest job in this scenario is actualy for the fighter jocks.  Earlywar navy aviators didn't have the range or technology that was soon to begin flooding into their fleets and be ready at their disposal.  If you go on the attack, your worst and most challenging enemy is your fuel consumption and limited fuel supply.  If you go on the defence, it can be pretty quiet most if not all the frame (and thats a best-case outcome, mind you.  If the enemy finds the fleet though... you're gonna gradualy work up from being bored, to hunting down and shooting a few pesky single scouts, to then being busy, to finally being really REALLY busy).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 09:23:42 PM »
Join the fight for sinking enemy carriers and capturing or defending a port from LVT's.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 09:59:13 PM »
I'll take dive-bombers, anyone can have me, first come first serve

Edit: registered with waystin  :salute
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:59:20 PM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 10:19:06 PM »
I'll be registered soon, just watching who goes where at the moment.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 10:40:31 PM »
Don't wait too long to register.  This event is way under populated and risks cancellation.  If you all want in, you need to get in.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 11:34:02 PM »
I'd be willing to sign up, but I can't commit to much more than 1 frame of the entire event.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!