Author Topic: Goodbye all.  (Read 4739 times)

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
Re: Goodbye all.
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2011, 06:13:43 PM »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2011, 06:53:31 PM »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 06:57:47 PM »
No sugar coat for me . Game is better off without  you, good day. Go fine some political BS forum, and  heres a banana drama queen. :banana:

QFT

c-ya

Offline Frod

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2011, 09:43:35 PM »
 :salute Bud, you taught me alot.

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 11:09:34 PM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:49:34 AM by Skuzzy »
In game - Assi      JG2

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 11:36:04 PM »
lol at the song Assi, It takes all kinds to make this game fun and pieper fits the bill as being somewhere in amongst all the kinds. Never like to see a player go, no matter who it is.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2011, 12:40:42 AM »
Everybody has the capacity to change. If a player stops doing whatever it is that has drawn the negative attention in the first place, then shouldn't the community also adapt and put this in the past?
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2011, 03:54:52 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:50:03 AM by Skuzzy »
In game - Assi      JG2

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2011, 04:02:19 AM »
They should, but it won't be fast, and he wouldn't be able to "shout" on 200 or country without reminding people of who he was. You're reputation is a long time dying here where you're as good as what you did yesterday, so to speak.

Assi, I'd also say the "my chess piece is better than yours" is also getting bad. The "its not a dweeb move because I did it" bug has also been going around lately.

And then theres the ever favorite "Thats no fair, it doesn't let me win. No, it fair when I do it, because it lets me win" virus.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2011, 08:38:20 AM »
Everybody has the capacity to change. If a player stops doing whatever it is that has drawn the negative attention in the first place, then shouldn't the community also adapt and put this in the past?

Why?  Its like saying, I can do what ever I want but once I pretend to stop I don;t want to hear about it
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2011, 09:14:27 AM »
Perhaps there are extenuating circumstances. Perhaps people go through rough patches, or drink too much when they play, or their wives left them, or they lose their jobs, or they had to learn about themselves along the way.

What did he do that was so bad?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2011, 09:50:35 AM »
Perhaps there are extenuating circumstances. Perhaps people go through rough patches, or drink too much when they play, or their wives left them, or they lose their jobs, or they had to learn about themselves along the way.

What did he do that was so bad?

I have not heard what the community did to him yet.  As far as the above, I totally agree with you.  But from what I remember his behavior (assuming it is the same pipper I had the pleasure to meet) went on for years.  If he drinks too much, that is not my problem and I should not have to put up with it especially on vox.  That been said, I don;t think I ever said anything other than  an LOL to him or a "here it comes" on 200 after shooting him down.

So, what did the community do that was so bad and how did the community find out who he was after he changed his name?  Either same behavior or he let every one know.  Those are my guesses.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2011, 10:13:40 AM »
I don't know exactly, reading between the lines, mass reportings and loss of text privileges and consistent unpleasantness etc.

If he drinks too much, that is not my problem and I should not have to put up with it especially on vox.

You are right of course. Aces High can be a harsh environment though. You know I'm really starting to think that most people just come here to fight  :rofl
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 10:26:57 AM »
Assi, I'd also say the "my chess piece is better than yours" is also getting bad. The "its not a dweeb move because I did it" bug has also been going around lately.

And then theres the ever favorite "Thats no fair, it doesn't let me win. No, it fair when I do it, because it lets me win" virus.

I don't think the amount of those things has gone up at all.  Those behaviors have been present in force for the 4 and a half years I've been playing online flight sims, and the forums going way way back show nothing much has changed on those topics since the 90s.  Just MHO.

You know I'm really starting to think that most people just come here to fight  :rofl

Well...  Yeah.  That's kinda the point of the game. :)  The unfortunate part is when it spills over into the communication channels where people figure it's a great time to argue in public about whatever RL BS they feel like.  .squelch is a beautiful thing.  You get to ignore the BS you want to ignore.  The only annoying thing about it is that sometimes enough people start yammering that it can take a while to get them all.  Still, a bit of typing, and the annoying people vanish.

I just don't understand the people who get so worked up about the loud and the stupid being loud and stupid on the channels when there's such an easy solution available.  .squelch, .report if you feel it's warranted, go back to shooting red guys and having fun.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2011, 10:35:17 AM »
Well...  Yeah.  That's kinda the point of the game. :) 

:rofl Obviously need to turn down the ironic humour today.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-