Author Topic: problem with msi bios update v1.15 (f)  (Read 359 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
problem with msi bios update v1.15 (f)
« on: November 27, 2011, 02:06:24 AM »
do not update your bios if you have more than 2 sticks of ram.  for some reason the latest bios update wont recognize more than 2 and your system will just go on unending loop.  if you update then you must remove 2 sticks.  I just updated mine now I am back to 8 gigs ram (2 sticks).   I guess eventually msi will fix it.

now all i have to figure out is how to flash back to version v1.1E.  as I used the msi utility and I cant figure out how to use the utility provided in the forms  :bhead.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: problem with msi bios update v1.15 (f)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 03:42:26 AM »
do not update your bios if you have more than 2 sticks of ram.  for some reason the latest bios update wont recognize more than 2 and your system will just go on unending loop.  if you update then you must remove 2 sticks.  I just updated mine now I am back to 8 gigs ram (2 sticks).   I guess eventually msi will fix it.

now all i have to figure out is how to flash back to version v1.1E.  as I used the msi utility and I cant figure out how to use the utility provided in the forms  :bhead.

semp

Lesson learned: Never ever update your bios unless you have a problem that absolutely needs fixing. Bios flash is always a risky thing to do.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: problem with msi bios update v1.15 (f)
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 12:43:38 PM »
I updated because my gaming mouse isnt recognized in bios.  but I didnt check first to see if there were problems with it  :cry.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.