Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13770 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #165 on: July 20, 2011, 08:41:20 AM »

As usual, we don't really know the exact reasonings behind a change. It could have been just because of the whining (but then, we still have collisions, ENY, unperked Spit 16, sinkable CV's and so on) or because the was a real problem with it or it's part of a greater scheme (unlikely) or just a "I do it because I can" moment by HT  :D

Indestructible tanks, etc...   :devil

You should threaten to cancel your account again.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2011, 08:42:05 AM »
You should threaten to cancel your account again.

Not over this  :lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Fujita

• Zinc Member
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2011, 08:53:45 AM »
Devil's advocate here...

How can a fight devellop if every one keeps switching side looking for the said fight, and not actually flying, building the darbars?

Never seen that scenario. Why switch if you aren't going to fight? Given limited flying time of a few hours at most, you're switching once.
~Aces of the Rising Sun~

Offline Fujita

• Zinc Member
« Reply #168 on: July 20, 2011, 08:59:13 AM »
when ppl can't change that often sides will not ganged and outnumbered because sides will stay balanced! ppl change because they wanna be on the winning side. I don't care, we LD are a rook Squadron, but not an  (active) factor of land grabbing.

I don't know anyone who switches to be on the "winning" side. Most that switch could care less about "winning" the war. That and you have to fly on the "winning" side for 4 hours to win anything.
~Aces of the Rising Sun~

Offline Fujita

• Zinc Member
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2011, 09:02:20 AM »
When the 1337 of 1337 in this game start insulting HiTech as a group in his own house as though they Are The Gold Standard of the game en total. Well...e tu, Brutus, e tu. Cape watering is risky at it's best.

HTC still hasen't put out an official reason for his action and you furry critters are still making deals with wisps of speculation and threats of nebulous actions the last I read in this posting. I'm not sure you critters will get Caesar, err, HiTech to buy into this. Or the rest of the beach chair gallery.

Babs, more popcorn. Sukov you want Babs to freashen up that beer? Anyone else want to pull your beach chairs in closer and watch the fun? We can send out for pizza. Only HiTech can comment on the mystry of why he changed the time span. So the best we can do until there is real data. Babs, pass the popcorn.

Definitely sounds like a case of squad envy  :(
~Aces of the Rising Sun~

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2011, 09:04:30 AM »
Am I right??? Am I hearing grown men cry???  Is that what I am hearing?????  Over the inability to flip flop teams only a day??? Seriously???      :headscratch:

:bhead

I say good move, HTC.   :salute

I believe the whine your hearing is self induced as you try to understand what you read here.

You folks married to a chess piece will fail to understand right away what this can do to game play.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Fujita

• Zinc Member
« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2011, 09:08:54 AM »
Aw common Sukov. You didn't study under the 100 great works and had to discuss Caesars commentaires to pass your sophmore year? Though, I could be mistaken and Bear only skimmed Clausewitz and believes the "fog of war" and "friction" are screen plays from Steven Hirsch.

But, Then I'm not shouting at windmills thinking they will respond because of who I am.

Other than sarcasm and attempts to look clever, I haven't seen you make a point yet?
~Aces of the Rising Sun~

Offline Fujita

• Zinc Member
« Reply #172 on: July 20, 2011, 09:13:47 AM »
Geez
Awsome...  but why??
You liked to fight "against" the horde? You werent a basetaker? Maybe you were a real, a dirty, a slimebag spy?
Its over now. Thanks to the "spy-whiners".
Join the mega-horde today! or Set up your shades!
Awsome. Maybe one hour uis too short to stop those who switch to get those crappy 25 perks for the country win, but those 25 perks are as inportant?? If no then why?
End of the hopeless rant. Be happy spy-whiners.

I believe you only get the perk points if you have been flying that country for 4 hours.
~Aces of the Rising Sun~

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: July 20, 2011, 09:15:58 AM »
I believe the whine your hearing is self induced as you try to understand what you read here.

You folks married to a chess piece will fail to understand right away what this can do to game play.

Matter of opinion.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #174 on: July 20, 2011, 09:18:28 AM »
Matter of opinion.

Yes I find it funny when folks fail at discussion and just call anything they diagree with a whine.

It is about as effective as the computer tech who went to fix a customers computer. The customer complained the windows ME machine kept getting blue screens. The tech fixed it by changing the color to green.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:21:44 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Fujita

• Zinc Member
« Reply #175 on: July 20, 2011, 09:20:00 AM »
Yes I find it funny when folks fail at discussion and just call anything they diagree with a whine.

That sig material right there  :D
~Aces of the Rising Sun~

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #176 on: July 20, 2011, 09:25:08 AM »
Definitely sounds like a case of squad envy  :(

Not in the slightest.  Like apples to oranges... :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #177 on: July 20, 2011, 09:34:17 AM »
Dyran and his group are happy to fly around for two hours and only engage in one fight because they have all the advantages. Flying around for an hour and NOT getting into a fight is nothing new to them.

While I don't switch often, I've always liked the option. Switch, fly with friends, they log, I switch back. I can see where this hurts a bunch of players, but I can't see where it helps any.

Maybe HTC can step in an give us a reason why they did it.

no, we just on Rooks side since 2 and a half year now, that why this 12 Hour side switch will not affect us. We fly all types of planes, even eny of 30 didn't stops the fun. But i can understand there is a bunch of guys who likes to change for a good battle the sides.

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: July 20, 2011, 09:49:29 AM »
A fair amount of work here. You must have been pretty motivated.  :salute

Nah just thirty minutes before I put my knight rider pajamas on, said my prayers, and went nye nye.

Just a thought here Grizz. While your assessment seems correct, perhaps the reason is very logical. Often in an equation with many variables, the values are set to the extremes to determine the sensitivity of the equation to those variables. Then they can be adjusted with some confidence.

To me it shows a complete lack of understanding of what people want and how to compromise.  Was 1 Hour too short? Maybe.  They should decide that 1 hour is too short for certain reasons and based off those reasons, adjust the time slightly, maybe making it 3-4 hours.  That would be a small, but effective change to compromise to both sides.  The war guys would be happy, furballers would gripe still but it at least would be understandable and manageable.  Twelve hours though?  Give me a break.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #179 on: July 20, 2011, 09:50:23 AM »
I think the old 1 hour is too short.  12 Might be too long, we'll just have to see.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.