Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13192 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2011, 04:58:51 PM »
Can you share the logic behind the move back?

He just did
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2011, 05:03:49 PM »
Strange , it has been 12 hours for more years then the previous setting.

HiTech

but the previous setting allowed you to get out of a situation where the country you are on is hording, at least with an hour change it is tolerable.

I am not being rude or disrespectful, you know I have great respect for what you have created, but this is a bad move.

I am not chess piece loyal, and many others are the same, we feel this game is about combat, and could care less where any CV is, and this move really "cramps our style"  so to speak.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2011, 05:13:02 PM »
y'all can come to EW/MW if you want to switch.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2011, 05:17:06 PM »
 :huh

Kinda hope this means they're going to move to local/no ENY as well.  I don't believe I'm particularly fond of this change.  I don't change countries often, as usually about 10 minutes after I do it, a squaddie shows up.  However, if you've got to wait 12 hours before switching again, I can pretty much guarantee I won't be.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2011, 05:24:51 PM »
Maybe Zoom has it right with this post here...

Personally I don't know how much it will matter. It will certainly cut down on country jumping to get perks (even tho that doesn't work) and it might cut back a bit on the "spying" tho I won't count on that either.

You still get to switch once a night/day. Your just going to need some good communication before you jump to be sure your jumping into a country that has what your looking for for the rest of your flying that night.

If it helps clean up some of the "crappy gameplay" I'm all for it, but I don't really think it's going to help much. I can't wait until the ENY cry's go up   :devil   

Doesnt effect me as I dont change sides. ENY doesnt effect me most of the time as I can have just as much fun in a 109F as I can a 190D. I'll earn my pay one way or the other.

The only time ENY effects me is when I switch to GVs. And I dont GV all that often so. It really doesnt effect me although I think ENY should'nt apply to GVs to the same extent it does aircraft. but in the end ENY is no big deal to me one way or the other.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2011, 05:26:02 PM »
We acted like the same scalded cats back during the arena split and ENY as we are acting over this decision. One would think for our community, change is as traumatic as being struck in the face with a framing hammer.

Maybe we should pass the hat and get HiTech a whiffel bat before he ups the anty and uses a 16 pound sledge to releive his near permenant headach from our constant caterwalling.

So can anyone venture how we found a way AGAIN to make HiTech drop a big change on us? What did we do this time to cause HiTech to beleive the previous shorter side switching setting was having a negative impact on the LWMA game play? The small seasoned cadre of readers in this post with such well defined and specific time requirments cannot reasonably be speaking for the other 99% of the player community.

Instead of telling HiTech why you don't like his decision. What did we do this time around to screw the pooch? After this many years we all know how naughty we are if left unchecked.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2011, 05:29:46 PM »
12 hours..... wow

If there are no fights we will have to sign up for a 2 week trial to fly on the other side now. :(
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2011, 05:30:10 PM »
We acted like the same scalded cats back during the arena split and ENY as we are acting over this decision. One would think for our community, change is as traumatic as being struck in the face with a framing hammer.

Maybe we should pass the hat and get HiTech a whiffel bat before he ups the anty and uses a 16 pound sledge to releive his near permenant headach from our constant caterwalling.

So can anyone venture how we found a way AGAIN to make HiTech drop a big change on us? What did we do this time to cause HiTech to beleive the previous shorter side switching setting was having a negative impact on the LWMA game play? The small seasoned cadre of readers in this post with such well defined and specific time requirments cannot reasonably be speaking for the other 99% of the player community.

Instead of telling HiTech why you don't like his decision. What did we do this time around to screw the pooch? After this many years we all know how naughty we are if left unchecked.

Can you answer your own question Bustr?  I have no idea why the change.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2011, 05:33:59 PM »

*shakes the magic 8 ball*  I'm gonna go with the cause being the constant jibberjabber about spiez and how the wait needs to be longer so the precious missions don't get ratted out.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2011, 05:36:18 PM »
12 hours..... wow

If there are no fights we will have to sign up for a 2 week trial to fly on the other side now. :(
I thought those 80th boys were good at starting fights? 

Edit: Forgot this means 12 hrs ingame time.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 05:45:05 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2011, 05:36:30 PM »
How about this.

Leave the 12 hour rule for the most part But allow you to switch within that span. But if you do you are only awarded half perks of whatever that sides ENY score system is until that 12 hours from your initial switch is used up.
People who just care about a fight could switch to their hearts content. And it would discourage switching for perk or horde purposes.

Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2011, 05:39:14 PM »
. And it would discourage switching for perk or horde purposes.

I always thought of perks and the perk bonus modifier being a great and reasonable incentive to switch to the outnumbered/ganged site (read: high perk modifier) and help balancing the game.  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2011, 05:46:26 PM »
*shakes the magic 8 ball*  I'm gonna go with the cause being the constant jibberjabber about spiez and how the wait needs to be longer so the precious missions don't get ratted out.

Wiley.

SPIEZ???
You mean we have SPIEZ  in this game???

OH MY!!! 

Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2011, 05:47:19 PM »
Untill HiTech tells us how we screwed the pooch this time around, why are you all blindly making proposals and comprimises based on ZERO information??

Mr. HiTech,

How did we screw up this time around sir?

Thank you,

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2011, 05:48:55 PM »
Strange , it has been 12 hours for more years then the previous setting.

HiTech

We didn't like it then, either.  :rolleyes:
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech