Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13191 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2011, 05:49:02 PM »
I always thought of perks and the perk bonus modifier being a great and reasonable incentive to switch to the outnumbered/ganged site (read: high perk modifier) and help balancing the game.  :headscratch:

Ok point made.
Then just ban side switching to the side with the most numbers.

LOL Like I said before. It really doesnt matter to me one way or the other. Figured I'd just throw an idea out there
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2011, 05:49:24 PM »
With the change, you still get to cracks at finding a fight/furball . The side you login on, and the one you decide to change too. I thought those 80th boys were good at starting fights?

Sign on for 12 hours and monitor the numbers. They can drastically change in a much shorter time than 12 hours.

The balancer now may end up being people logging off. The ones married to their chess piece will love not being able to fly their late war birds.

Only time will tell....... in 12 hour increments.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2011, 05:49:45 PM »
Oh my word!!!!

This idea is totally stupid.

There will be nothing but Hord play now. Every player on one side will be at the same fight. This will cause the other side hord monkeys to make their own hord and attack away from the bad hord.

So now we will have nothing but giant hords attacking an undefended part of the map.

There is no way in hell that the hord monkeys will fight each other....NO FREAKEN WAY.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2011, 05:56:48 PM »
Would you guys also like to have it changed to two-sided maps (Axis and Allied)? You pick a side and cannot switch unless you reset your account to choose the other? Be careful of what you complain about next...

:noid
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2011, 05:57:41 PM »
When the knights were close to winning the last map bish squads jumped aboard thinking they was going to get perkies i guess, complete BS on their part and shows how people value the ol mighty perks and play accordingly.

if it was the basetaking>gameplay, win-teh-war type squads, its just as likely the idea was to raise knit ENY to reduce the plane choices available to finish the job.

either way 12h doesnt strike me as a very good idea, just because of the ENY effect snail mentioned. it pretty much just punishes the side its supposed to protect.

I'd like to see another system message after:
XXXX have won the war

either:
XXXX have won the war
you have received a 25 perks bonus in each category

or:
XXXX have won the war
you have not been on XXXX long enough to receive a perk bonus

as appropriate.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2011, 06:00:11 PM »
Would you guys also like to have it changed to two-sided maps (Axis and Allied)? You pick a side and cannot switch unless you reset your account to choose the other? Be careful of what you complain about next...

As I mentioned earlier, If we had a true and better set up war arena I wouldn't have a problem with that ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2011, 06:03:54 PM »

:noid

if they could have a side balance imposed so the numbers didn't get lopsided, i would say whens it going to open up?
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2011, 06:04:42 PM »
As I mentioned earlier, If we had a true and better set up war arena I wouldn't have a problem with that ;)

I wouldn't mind it...but I'd still want to switch as needed to find fights.  :airplane:
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2011, 06:08:55 PM »
Sign on for 12 hours and monitor the numbers. They can drastically change in a much shorter time than 12 hours.

The balancer now may end up being people logging off. The ones married to their chess piece will love not being able to fly their late war birds.

Only time will tell....... in 12 hour increments.
Yes, I forgot that meant ingame time. Sheesh you were fast on that quote. :D  I've always been in a squad that was loyal to the chess piece I guess. I understand finding a good fight wether it be furballing, gving, carrier battles, or cartoon land. But there are some who just use  the switch to game the game, always fight with the advantage, or use the low number side to scoretard. JMO
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2011, 06:09:05 PM »
HTC is the King of absurdly drastic spectrum to other end of spectrum changes.

Examples:

-Changes 1 hour wait time to 12 hours.  No stops in between, just straight to the other side of the spectrum.  :bhead  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead
-Changes under radar from 500ft to 65 ft.  Goes from easy to impossible in one update.  :bhead :bhead  :bhead
-Changes to town:  Goes from insanely easy to kill and capture to almost impossible with the graphical updates.  8 months later, they finally decide to make it a percentage of the town.  :bhead :bhead
-Airplane fires.  Goes from up to a minute of lit candles flying around the sky to 4 seconds tops and then the plane is dead.   :bhead
-DA: Posts a rule that if you interrupt side base fights it is against the rules and you will be banned from the game, then all of a sudden it's not even against the rules anymore.  :bhead :bhead :bhead

SERIOUSLY.  What is up with the knee jerk end of spectrum to other end of spectrum in the blink of an eye changes this game sees all too often?  Every heard of baby steps?

TOTAL COUNT: 14 Head wall bangs for HTC.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:12:35 PM by grizz441 »

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2011, 06:11:05 PM »
-DA: Posts a rule that if you interrupt side base fights it is against the rules and you will be banned from the game, then all of a sudden it's not even against the rules.

really? thats an awful change :huh
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2011, 06:11:55 PM »
really? thats an awful change :huh

It is when you rescind it randomly 2 months later.

You missed the point of the post completely though.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:24:41 PM by grizz441 »

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2011, 06:12:21 PM »
HTC is the King of absurdly drastic spectrum to other end of spectrum changes.

Examples:

-Changes 1 hour wait time to 12 hours.  No stops in between, just straight to the other side of the spectrum.  :bhead  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead
-Changes under radar from 500ft to 65 ft.  Goes from easy to impossible in one update.  :bhead :bhead  :bhead
-Changes to town:  Goes from insanely easy to kill and capture to almost impossible with the graphical updates.  8 months later, they finally decide to make it a percentage of the town.  :bhead :bhead
-Airplane fires.  Goes from up to a minute of lit candles flying around the sky to 4 seconds tops and then the plane is dead.   :bhead
-DA: Posts a rule that if you interrupt side base fights it is against the rules and you will be banned from the game, then all of a sudden it's not even against the rules.  :bhead :bhead :bhead

SERIOUSLY.  What is up with the knee jerk end of spectrum to other end of spectrum in the blink of an eye changes this game sees all too often?  Every heard of baby steps?

TOTAL COUNT: 14 Head wall bangs for HTC.

Dance monkey, DANCE!

See Rule #4

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2011, 06:13:18 PM »
Might be because I never change countries on a very regular basis to suit my own personal profitability, but I like this change a lot.

Thank you very much HTC.  To whom should I address this flak jacket to that I'd like to send as a gift?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2011, 06:15:23 PM »
:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

TOTAL COUNT: 14 waaambulances for HTC.

I think he's gonna need a WHOLE LOT more than just 14 today.  :ahand