Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13432 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #240 on: July 20, 2011, 04:15:11 PM »
OK, now I'm surprised.... I mean it is a predictable fanatical responce to a sarcastic hypothetical... but I didn't know it would get THAT much under your skins and sting, sting, STING.  

I, seriously, think you guys just need to take a step back for one bit.  I'm not saying give up your crusade, but take a step back, at least enough to get marching down the right path as you guys are on the wrong one.  Every post you proclaim about being unable to repeatabley jump around instantly to the fight that suits your desires/needs best I personaly feel defends HiTechs decision for this change, given other complaints on the environment of the gameplay.

This is a decision one way or the other by the maker of the game.  As far as our part is concerened, the decision being made as a result is if you are on the side that conforms to the game and its current environment to reach your goals and reap your profits, or are you on the side that uses the game to create your own goals and reap your profits.  

To a hypothetical squad of lone wolves that roam around to the country with the least numbers (which also conveniently nets the highest gain in perks for kills made) looking to feast and gorge itself upon the greatest fight to be found in all of the land, in a hypothetical game environment and community that has as a majority been demanding for months that something be done to increase the amount of fights available across the fronts instead of the norm of "all moths being atracted to the biggest flame", something is going to have to give if any change to address the demands of the community as a whole is to be made.

And now personal attacks?  Jabs at my squad?  Really?  Again, I am surprised but shouldn't be, I should expect nothing less from those that inherited 100% of the teenage members of my "megasquad's" IIIrd Wing and is proud of it.  Actually, come to think of it, AoM has soo many exPOTW members that have no sincere hate or hostility twords us, you guys just might as well call yourselves our IV-Wing (ooof, forgot, you'll have to first fight an emotional public tirade with Twitchy over the right to do that first... but since you've already got a doosey of one going here...).

I now return to pointing and laughing with the majority.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #241 on: July 20, 2011, 04:16:48 PM »
So your saying your effected if the ENY would do a double swap?

Often late at night as the numbers taper off (as the US players log and the Australian/Pacific rim players log on), they don't log off uniformly, so for several hours one side may have numbers and then subsequently, another side will have numbers.

So for example...

1) I log on at time X, I don't know which side is out numbered or where my squaddies are, I switch to the sides at login.
2) As the night goes on, the balance changes, I switch sides again.

Not really what I imagined you were referring to as a double swap, but maybe if one could see the balance/squaddies and select a side upon entering the arena the first time and not have it count to the clock, the 'double swap' issue could be avoided.

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #242 on: July 20, 2011, 04:18:51 PM »
Now Slash  we don't know anything about starting fights, unbelieveable  :lol That squad duel really left a bitter taste in their mouths  :lol I'm still waiting for a Pig to make a point in this thread. :huh

So you're admitting to having no problem picking and choosing where and when you can or want to have a fight that suits your aparently long list of specific needs and qualifications?!

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl

So what is the problem you guys have with this change and the purpose of this rapidly growing thread?

:lol  :rofl  :lol  :rofl

Someone call a shrink!  Preferabley Bip's!
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #243 on: July 20, 2011, 04:20:32 PM »
All you need is a pulse and an account and wham-mo, you're a Pig  :D

Ouch, you do realise you're now jsut insulting over most your own squad now, right?   :rofl  :lol  :rofl  :lol

Now you've spoken incorrectly.  We do have standards.  Have not accepted a Muppet yet! ;)

Zing!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 04:22:19 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #244 on: July 20, 2011, 04:21:17 PM »

OK, where's that link again?  I really do owe you a bottle now good sir.
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #245 on: July 20, 2011, 04:29:51 PM »
Haven't played AH in a while but it sounds to me like the 12 hour wait period is pretty lame. When I was playing, I loved switching sides to find the fights and even the numbers. Seems like HTC isn't really supporting the "promote the combat" idea by doing this change. In my opinion, there should be a very short wait period for side switching, like every 20-30 minutes or so. At least in this way, people can switch sides (to even the teams/fights) as the arena numbers fluctuate over the hours.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #246 on: July 20, 2011, 04:34:34 PM »
HT can you elaborate on the meaning here? i'm confused with double swap?
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #247 on: July 20, 2011, 04:39:03 PM »
So you're admitting to having no problem picking and choosing where and when you can or want to have a fight that suits your aparently long list of specific needs and qualifications?!

Where was this list posted? And what is the "profitability" you refered to we are to gain by switching?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #248 on: July 20, 2011, 04:39:13 PM »
OK, now I'm surprised.... I mean it is a predictable fanatical responce to a sarcastic hypothetical... but I didn't know it would get THAT much under your skins and sting, sting, STING.  

I, seriously, think you guys just need to take a step back for one bit.  I'm not saying give up your crusade, but take a step back, at least enough to get marching down the right path as you guys are on the wrong one.  Every post you proclaim about being unable to repeatabley jump around instantly to the fight that suits your desires/needs best I personaly feel defends HiTechs decision for this change, given other complaints on the environment of the gameplay.

This is a decision one way or the other by the maker of the game.  As far as our part is concerened, the decision being made as a result is if you are on the side that conforms to the game and its current environment to reach your goals and reap your profits, or are you on the side that uses the game to create your own goals and reap your profits.  

To a hypothetical squad of lone wolves that roam around to the country with the least numbers (which also conveniently nets the highest gain in perks for kills made) looking to feast and gorge itself upon the greatest fight to be found in all of the land, in a hypothetical game environment and community that has as a majority been demanding for months that something be done to increase the amount of fights available across the fronts instead of the norm of "all moths being atracted to the biggest flame", something is going to have to give if any change to address the demands of the community as a whole is to be made.

And now personal attacks?  Jabs at my squad?  Really?  Again, I am surprised but shouldn't be, I should expect nothing less from those that inherited 100% of the teenage members of my "megasquad's" IIIrd Wing and is proud of it.  Actually, come to think of it, AoM has soo many exPOTW members that have no sincere hate or hostility twords us, you guys just might as well call yourselves our IV-Wing (ooof, forgot, you'll have to first fight an emotional public tirade with Twitchy over the right to do that first... but since you've already got a doosey of one going here...).

I now return to pointing and laughing with the majority.

As one who switched for the fight or to even the numbers, your mention of perk points for kills shoots down your argument with me.  Don't use perks.  Couldn't tell you how many I have after all this time.  Don't care.

There was no fight on our "front' last night.  I was bored to tears and logged off since I'd moved to where my squad mates were flying.  I have no interest in bombing things.  Ironically I got called out for being at the only enemy field with a dar bar as part of the horde, and was informed that respect for my squad had been lost, etc.

I'd have happily been over with the complainer fighting that same horde.  Instead I was left to do slow rolls through the ack.  We tried to get a fight going elsewhere without success despite saying we were going to be at a certain spot looking for a fight.  I ended up augering for lack of combat and logged off.

I'm hard pressed to believe that there was something going on in the game so serious as to totally remove the ability to bounce when the fight disappears.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #249 on: July 20, 2011, 04:39:32 PM »
HT can you elaborate on the meaning here? i'm confused with double swap?

Bar, look at my post above, I believe he is referring to the ENY favor changing twice within a play session.

This discounts the fact that one might change sides to fly with squaddies initially upon logging in then change when ENY changes once. ie no double swap of ENY, just one change in ENY.

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #250 on: July 20, 2011, 04:44:41 PM »
Bar, look at my post above, I believe he is referring to the ENY favor changing twice within a play session.

This discounts the fact that one might change sides to fly with squaddies initially upon logging in then change when ENY changes once. ie no double swap of ENY, just one change in ENY.

thank you. <S>
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #251 on: July 20, 2011, 04:45:11 PM »
As one who switched for the fight or to even the numbers, your mention of perk points for kills shoots down your argument with me.  Don't use perks.  Couldn't tell you how many I have after all this time.  Don't care.

There was no fight on our "front' last night.  I was bored to tears and logged off since I'd moved to where my squad mates were flying.  I have no interest in bombing things.  Ironically I got called out for being at the only enemy field with a dar bar as part of the horde, and was informed that respect for my squad had been lost, etc.

I'd have happily been over with the complainer fighting that same horde.  Instead I was left to do slow rolls through the ack.  We tried to get a fight going elsewhere without success despite saying we were going to be at a certain spot looking for a fight.  I ended up augering for lack of combat and logged off.

I'm hard pressed to believe that there was something going on in the game so serious as to totally remove the ability to bounce when the fight disappears.

Quit your crying, grab some bombs, and go take that base!! You want to have fun?!?! Tough!! Get on board for the big win boy or get to stepping. The time for you dinosaurs is over, it's the dawn of a new age.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #252 on: July 20, 2011, 04:46:31 PM »
On the serious side and for the sake of good discussion noone has really touched on the real issue.  HTC has changed the country switch time limit from 1 hour to 12 hours because of something that is having an impact on the game.  What exactly that is...only HTC knows at this point.  Are they trying to curb a player behavior that is detrimental to the game, or are they trying to encourage a positive behavior that is good for the game?  :headscratch:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #253 on: July 20, 2011, 04:48:20 PM »
It seems simple enough to me. If they change the game for the worst, go find another game. Im sure IL2 or warbirds would love some new customers.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #254 on: July 20, 2011, 04:50:01 PM »
It seems simple enough to me. If they change the game for the worst, go find another game. Im sure IL2 or warbirds would love some new customers.
someone needs a lil bit more patience... yeah you may not like 12 hours now but you don't think HTC may change it to a lower time limit soon once they get ideas on what the 12 hours is doing wrong IF it's doing something wrong? patience suns <S>
Happy Jack's Go Buggy