Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13754 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #390 on: July 22, 2011, 01:47:12 AM »
almost like fishing in a barrel  :lol

I was thinking the same thing. Probably not from the same point of view.  :salute

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #391 on: July 22, 2011, 02:41:36 AM »
As someone told me yesterday about this thread, "Envy is an extreme form of flattery"  :lol

omg i now must rethink my life, i envy the muppets. oh wait, no i can whine and beatch just as well as they do  :banana: :banana: :banana:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #392 on: July 22, 2011, 08:35:49 AM »
I've been Bishops since I originally started playing in 2000. It's where I will stay. I fly Bish in all arenas 100% of the time.

For those who think it's stupid (yes I did "browse" the other countries.), I'm sorry you don't like staying on a team. :)

the "teams" are imaginary.. do you only fly bish in special events? what about when there is no bish side in the event?

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #393 on: July 22, 2011, 08:57:39 AM »
For my 2 cents it's hard to see why this rule, at either an hour or 12 hours, has generated so many posts and rants. I've never understood the huge gripe on the spying thing. I know HiTech takes a hard line on it. But so what if people see you coming and tell people on occasion? I thought the idea was to engage the enemy. Are secret missions to catch a remote base really what fuels the game? why is so much done to protect this sacred activity? If so why was radar was set to 65ft to help stop all the NOE-ing?   

On the 12 hour thing. I personally have no country loyalty, and will switch maybe once on night on occation to balance out a lopsides fight. Sure sometimes there's more action between the other two countries. But I have found that action creates reaction in this game because folks are drawn to a dar bar like moths to a flame. If your squad of 4 or 6 or 8 folks flies to a base where there is nothing going on, in few minutes there will be plenty of uppers.

Big squads will need to choose a country for the night, before switching to make sure they don't end up trapped on different sides. Is that really a big deal?

So Bruv119 checks the roster and sees the muppets are all on Knits. He sends a note to Grizz and says "You guys staying Knits?" After a few smartalec and cryptic remarks, Grizz says "yep" and the Many of the Few can choose one of the opposing sides and all is well.

I wonder if Skuzzy or Lusche could provide stats on number of side switches per evening? I'm shocked this is such a big deal, but hey continue to have at it.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 22, 2011, 09:38:38 AM »
I wonder if Skuzzy or Lusche could provide stats on number of side switches per evening? I'm shocked this is such a big deal, but hey continue to have at it.  :salute

I don't have access to more data than any other player. If you can't find any "country switch" stats on the score pages neither can I ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #395 on: July 22, 2011, 10:42:07 AM »
the "teams" are imaginary.. do you only fly bish in special events? what about when there is no bish side in the event?

I don't do events very often and every once I've done has had Bish vs Rook lol.

Should I happen to partake in an even that doesn't include the glorious "Bish nation" I would any many miney moe it. :P
 :salute
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Vuokko

• Gold Member
« Reply #396 on: July 22, 2011, 10:56:51 AM »
Great change.
Lentotaitoahan minulla ei koskaan ole ollut - vaan eipä sitä taida AH'n kaltasissa airquakeissa paljoa tarvitakaan. On toi reaktionopeus ollu aina aika heikko.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #397 on: July 22, 2011, 11:17:36 AM »
I don't have access to more data than any other player.

This is the first time I have ever seen the Snail tell an untruth.  Everybody knows that you have a secret connection to HTC's data... ;)
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #398 on: July 22, 2011, 11:22:18 AM »
I applaud the move wtg HT  :aok
Now could you take care of the back channel comms?

SideJumpinBumkins,
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:24:05 AM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #399 on: July 22, 2011, 11:28:36 AM »
A challenge for the folks who switch sides seeking action.

When you log on go to the country with the most peeps on it. Do this for 1 week, join all the missions, cherryfests, fly a goon, bomb the crap out of stuff, vulch, tard, geek, grabass, and generally make a "horde" of yourself and we shall see how much fun it is. With most everyone on one side I presume the fun for all will be greatly diminished even for those "base taking" hordes soooo affected by spying!

The potential for "my style" of fun has been diminished by the 12 hour rule, so I shall join the hi numbered side for 1 week and revil in all that is fun  :huh

I hope all those who enjoy changing sides to "give some sort of fight to the hordes" will join in my travels.

God bless the horde!

JUGgler the hordling!    :old:  :neener:

You mean fly on the side you log on to for the fun... then when your through change to the high number side and go watch TV?  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #400 on: July 22, 2011, 12:27:50 PM »
For my 2 cents it's hard to see why this rule, at either an hour or 12 hours, has generated so many posts and rants. I've never understood the huge gripe on the spying thing. I know HiTech takes a hard line on it. But so what if people see you coming and tell people on occasion? I thought the idea was to engage the enemy. Are secret missions to catch a remote base really what fuels the game? why is so much done to protect this sacred activity? If so why was radar was set to 65ft to help stop all the NOE-ing?

The change has nothing to do with preventing spying and everything to do with side-balancing.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #401 on: July 22, 2011, 12:30:18 PM »
The change has nothing to do with preventing spying and everything to do with side-balancing.

And you base that on what? Explain that please?

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #402 on: July 22, 2011, 12:39:10 PM »
And you base that on what? Explain that please?

Um, this very obvious quote by HiTech might be the first clue:

The rational for changing it to 1 hour when we went to 2 arenas was because the 2 arena format caused an almost constant imbalance between countries and the need arose to be able to change countries when you changed arenas. Now that we are back to one 1 arena , we have gone back to 12 hours, it was only an oversight that it was not done at the same time we changed to 1 arena.

The second clue would be common sense.  If HTC thought that spying was a huge issue and believed that these changes would fix it, they would have done it long ago rather than waiting for the arena merger.  Why would the number of arenas impact the amount of spying?  I don't see the connection where two arenas would somehow not require a long side switch timer to prevent spying while one large arena would.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #403 on: July 22, 2011, 12:41:10 PM »

Side balancing was handicapped by this change. The ebb and flow of folks signing in and out is a constant. The ability to change sides to help even up sides is once every 12 hours.

It was already stated that the change was made to resemble AH before the split. I'm not sure if they actually took into consideration what the ability to change hourly could or couldn't do in a single arena.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 12:47:32 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #404 on: July 22, 2011, 12:46:15 PM »
Side balancing was handicapped by this change. The ebb and flow of folks signing in and out is a constant. The ability to change sides to help even up sides is once every 12 hours.

Playing the advocate here Shuffler.  I have not seen the large ENY's since the two arenas were combined.  So why do folks need to switch to even up sides that are more less balanced according to the low or no ENY numbers?   :headscratch:
Mind you a lot of us fly at all sorts of different times, and I typically fly 8-10 PM EDT during the week.

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!