Author Topic: KING TIGUHHHH  (Read 5670 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: KING TIGUHHHH
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2011, 10:34:47 AM »
With HTC's limited resources, I would like to see our 10 year old planes updated to current standards instead of adding new tanks.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2011, 10:51:26 AM »
With HTC's limited resources, I would like to see our 10 year old planes updated to current standards instead of adding new tanks.
THIS  :aok
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2011, 11:22:17 AM »
Some people want new stuff, some people want better existing stuff.  We're getting both

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2011, 02:23:51 PM »
Karnak, thats a physical weakness, not a manufacturing defect. High stress will cause the plane to shed parts, same is true of any aircraft if you can get it going fast enough.

Martyn, that would be really annoying, and has the possibility to shut down GV combat in AH, near enough.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2011, 02:27:20 PM »
Karnak, thats a physical weakness, not a manufacturing defect. High stress will cause the plane to shed parts, same is true of any aircraft if you can get it going fast enough.
Nobody has ever found a supporting historical reason for it to lose control surfaces.  HTC may have one, but they haven't shared.  As far as I have been able to find out, Nakajima built the Ki-84 to higher strengths than any other Japanese aircraft.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2011, 02:33:37 PM »
When you move the stick it moves the controll surfaces, causing higher drag. if you pull up on the stick, there is higher drag on the elevators as they go up to push the aircraft's nose up in turn. And at high airspeed, they may well be ripped from the plane.

I'm not sure what the thresholds are for each individual plane, I'm just saying that its plausible.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2011, 02:39:29 PM »
When you move the stick it moves the controll surfaces, causing higher drag. if you pull up on the stick, there is higher drag on the elevators as they go up to push the aircraft's nose up in turn. And at high airspeed, they may well be ripped from the plane.

I'm not sure what the thresholds are for each individual plane, I'm just saying that its plausible.
And I am telling you nobody has ever found any evidence to support it happening to the Ki-84.  It also happens to the Mosquito Mk VI, but not Mosquito Mk XVI, and they have the same wing.  In none of my books is that problem ever described.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2011, 02:44:14 PM »
As I said, I don't know if it happened with specific planes, but its not outright BS. You may be right, HTC may be right, I  just don't know  :old:.

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2011, 03:15:04 PM »
Any chance of just being happy with the work that is being done to add/re-do things in the game. Ive been playing since AH1 and seem to think they come along way. You will never make everybody happy. I wouldnt even try. Just keep doing what you are doing HT.  :salute
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2011, 03:49:14 PM »

:aok

Happy for the GVers who are excited about the new addition but still hoping for more variants of the P-40  :frown:

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2011, 04:57:04 PM »
I think HTC put the King in for marketing purposes. It's a cool addition. They are also adding lesser known new planes, new versions of planes we already have and also updating the older ones one by one. They have their hands full so its going to be a slow job. However, I do think they should concentrate on providing the aircraft / vehicles that fought at actual battles so that they can be used in re-enactments.
Here we are, living on top of a molten ball of rock, spinning around at a 1,000mph, orbiting a nuclear fireball and whizzing through space at half-a-million miles per hour. Most of us believe in super-beings which for some reason need to be praised for setting this up. This, apparently, is normal.

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2011, 05:23:52 PM »
:aok

Kazaa for new criteria president!  :rock
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline Vadjan-Sama

• Copper Member
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2011, 05:47:52 PM »
nice... and now is the time...

SU-100!!

or

IS-2!!!!
"I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled."

HiTech

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2011, 06:43:04 PM »
Problem was that due to the German war situation at that time they were rarely well maintained or not asked to do overly strenuous things.  Based on the Soviet testing, they weren't well made either.  The Soviets found the armor to be improperly tempered rendering it much weaker than it ought to have been.

Due to slave labor perhaps? Dont know Im just throwing it out there. Its not like the forced labor never intentionally did anything like that.

I may be wrong but its pretty much my understanding not that they were unreliable. but that they were so complicated they were impossible for the crew to repair in the field when they broke down. Kinda like todays cars. You average owner cant to much of the repairs themselves anymore without being a tech.
combine that with by the time the tiger arrived the Germans were strained and largly either on the defensive, about to be or under heavy combat.

The single largest problem with the king tiger that I am aware of was its sheer size and weight which limited its movement to specific bridges and terrain hardness. After a heavy rain it sucked from a manuverability standpoint and would easily get bogged down if the ground wasnt firm enough.
Unfortunately we dont as of yet have varied terrain hardness or difficulty other then grade. So terrain should never be an issue in AH.
It size was an issue particularly in towns where the roads were often very narrow.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2011, 06:47:48 PM »
still very do able with all the hills, trees, and smoke that a gver has to get close
I See the T2 as being a standoff weapon used primarily for base and town defense. To use it in attack it would be better suited in groups or as part of a larger groups like say M8's as forward scouts as I can see this thing getting bushwhacked alot. But if it ever camps a VH. It could be very problematic to get rid of.
Anyone know its rate of fire?
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty