Author Topic: panther vs king tiger  (Read 2728 times)

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
Re: panther vs king tiger
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 04:28:14 PM »
For the GV fighting i do ill pull a KT anyday when no problems are modeled in. 26mph on road (road speeds and offroad speeds aren't modeled in AH :D ), 88 L71 super gun, and armor to protect 16 shermans. The Pnzr VI and Pnzr VII are both STAND OFF weapons. Put it at the edge of a field and watch the magic happen :aok hell stick two Pnzr VI's on its flanks to cover it :ahand
not all AH2 tank fights are open plains. alot are forests with small "alleyways" in between the trees. Maneuverability here dominates any GV fight

I still don't get how the panzer VII has anything to do with this thread?
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2011, 06:01:10 PM »
King tiger.

The speed advantage is over rated. Tank victories always come down to acuracy, firepower, and lastly Armor.

The bigger gun on the Tiger gives it a better chance to shoot through a panther at distance. It's thinker armor makes it more likely to survive a panther hit at distance. at 3k a K Tiger could survive 3[?] hits from a Panther. How many hits could a Panther Survive at 3K from a KT? Fire rate is similar? I think so. That one or two more hits that KT can take over his opponent makes him a winner.

I'm not so sure to rule out Speed, there's a reason I ONLY take the Panther/T34/85 is for the burst of speed, granted Its not going to get you out of trouble as an M3 or m8 will, however taking the time to aim and fire on a moving target thats feet away from a hill can make a difference.

One more thing to note, Its very rare to score successful hits on a moving tank at 3k. That being said depends on the experience up to this point, some days I can fire 20 rounds at 3k and not hit, other days I can fire 20 and guess hit 15 outa those 20. It depends on the situation, remember Aces high rarely has any clear 3k shots.
JG 52

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2011, 01:29:29 PM »
I'm not so sure to rule out Speed, there's a reason I ONLY take the Panther/T34/85 is for the burst of speed, granted Its not going to get you out of trouble as an M3 or m8 will, however taking the time to aim and fire on a moving target thats feet away from a hill can make a difference.

One more thing to note, Its very rare to score successful hits on a moving tank at 3k. That being said depends on the experience up to this point, some days I can fire 20 rounds at 3k and not hit, other days I can fire 20 and guess hit 15 outa those 20. It depends on the situation, remember Aces high rarely has any clear 3k shots.

:salute  I agree that it's very hard to hit a moving target at long distances, so the moving scenario is the same for both. As for the popping out and firing a shot and slipping back out of sight, I don't think the Panther's slight speed advantage over a KT will make a big difference in the peek-a-Boo scenario. Do You? [I yelild to your much greater GV experience and success  :salute] Wouldn't the travel time of the round , possibly,  make a bigger difference. What's the Muzzle velocity difference between 88mm AP and 75mm AP?  Or said another way, what's the travel time difference of the rounds to cover 3000 yrds?
Who is John Galt?

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2011, 02:46:12 PM »
King Tiger is truly the King of Aces High for now...no other tank even comes close.

Kinda slow reload though, and it explodes if it picks up supps lol  :headscratch:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2011, 02:49:41 PM »
King Tiger is truly the King of Aces High for now...no other tank even comes close.

And at 100 perks, it will truly be the "King of the Concrete"  :D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2011, 02:54:03 PM »
You put the specifics on my point.  :salute
Speed and manueverability only matters against really really bad shots, or if your within 50 yrds. Anyone here think they could get within 50 yrds of DR7 if he was parked somewhere in KT?  :lol

I have on several occassions.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Phoenix 7

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2011, 10:30:03 PM »
Is it just me or does the turrent on the King Tiger turn a little to fast? Just curious.
354th Pioneer Fighter Group

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2011, 11:09:55 PM »
Is it just me or does the turrent on the King Tiger turn a little to fast? Just curious.
How fast should it turn?

It certainly turns faster than a Tiger I, but that doesn't mean it is wrong.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2011, 11:52:12 PM »
P-47D-25 dropping a 1,000 lbs.  Because there is no hidding from me if you are in a GV.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2011, 12:14:27 AM »
Did some offline testing of the Tiger II.

I used another Tiger II, a T34 85 and a firefly to see how hard they are to kill.

Head on the Tiger II only seems to be vulnerable to another 88mm gun.  Side armor is about the same.  Even from the rear I was getting as many ricochets as good shots from the firefly and the t34.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2011, 12:24:51 AM »
One more thing to note, Its very rare to score successful hits on a moving tank at 3k.

It's not that rare at all.  I think it was two weeks ago whe I last GV'd that I hit a tank going downhill at about 60 mph from 3K in a Tiger on my second shot.  I've spent most of my AH GV time firing at moving targets from stand off positions.  In the past 5-6K moving kills were quite common.  The new sights have closed the range a bit.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2011, 12:26:59 AM »
You can kill the Tiger II through the turret with the T-34/85's AP and HVAP ammo.  You can also do it with the Panzer IV H's AP ammo, though it is harder.  I would assume the Firefly and Panther V G can do it as well.  I was not able to do it with the M4A3(76) or T-34/76 and I didn't even try the M4A3(75).

These tests were from about 200 yards.  Getting there alive against a player's Tiger II would be impractical to put it lightly, and further most shots from the T-34/85 and Panzer IV H still bounced whereas the Tiger II's shot would likely go in the front and out the back of either of those tanks at that range.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2011, 12:47:50 AM »
I still don't get how the panzer VII has anything to do with this thread?
Tiger II = Pnzr VII
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2011, 12:54:51 AM »
Tiger II = Pnzr VII
No, Tiger II = Panzerkampfwagen VI ausf B.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:58:12 AM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2011, 01:01:55 AM »
No, Tiger II = Panzerkampfwagen VI ausf B.
really? hmm....
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy