Author Topic: Game Changes  (Read 967 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Game Changes
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 05:05:40 AM »
The recent 12 hour country side switch rule, doesn't affect the way that I play, but I have observed complaints about how others were abusing a "short" side change time.  So, the vast majority of players lost some freedom in order to "improve" the game play.

Its a load of rubbish, I've looked at a map plenty of times to see a huge mass of red dots imb to a base, it gets called out on country channel loads of people up to defend get some alt while the incoming hoarde stays 'NOE' oblivious to the fact they are fully visible to the people they are attacking, incoming hoarde is greeted with a defence, hoarde gets slaughtered, pondering c47s get slaughtered, whine goes up on 200 about spys being to blame, probably email gets sent to HTC about how spys ruin the game, rinse and repeat.

The bit that gets them angry is they were not able to sneak in relatively unopposed or not at all and capture the base or pork the base to set up a vulch, there is a common theme here were people want to take no risks for a reward. Be that through outnumbering your opponent, shooting him while he trys to up, or sneaking on to a base for a capture. They have made it as easy as possible for themselves but they still fail, the easy scapegoat is the 'spy' or someone who switched looking for the opposite of what they wanted ie some action or a fight, hes to blame it couldn't possibly their fault.

The ability to get better from a air combat perspective is sitting right there in front of them, a training arena with a population of around 5 on average, instead of trying to better themselves they blame imaginary excessive spying in the game, lazy lazy.

This is also reflected in certain special events were the point is to fight only a few sign up for these, the point for most players is to win not to fight to win, if they think they cannot have the odds loaded in their favour they will just not participate.

Hitech punishing those who seek to engage in a fight to sooth the paranoid egos of those who do not want to fight, and are to lazy to try and get better is completely unacceptable to me.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 07:10:26 AM »
Perdue,

I see that you are frustrated by the accusations.  I am not 100% sure that is why the country time limit was increased.  My underlying theme to this thread is the "hot" or "cold" settings.  In the case of country time, it went from 1 hour to 12 hours ( I am not sure of that even, because I don't change that often).  For those that do change for practical reasons (eny, lack of fights, etc.) their freedom has been reduced.

My point that I wish to have considered is that there are a lot of hours in between.  Who knows, 3 hours may be long enough, 4, 5 or 6 even. 

I consider myself a pretty active player, and I am not sure of how many days that I play for more than 3 hours at a time.  I am not certain that the change was implemented for the reason that you cited either (but most players suspect it was as you say).  Certainly, if I had ill intentions, I would know how to use the 12 hour ticker to my advantage also.

So, game changes are up to the designers, but the designers also allow us to have this conversation here.  I just ask that the designers take a closer look at less dramatic swings in settings or even experimentation and evaluation of impact of game changes.  It's all good with me.  :cheers:

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 05:46:41 AM »
chilli....MAH MAN!! i think the 12 hour thingy is good in a way... what i'm actually worried more abt is the after effect...here's a story...i switched to camp at the v85, v76 spawn point from the rooks.... there weren't any fights to be found  on any front (surprised we didn't attack either side or had the need to defend).... well the switch was for half hour or 45 mins at that time... so i said heck.. lets have some fun...

well i switched back to the rooks in half hour/45mins(felt so foreign to be in knit or bishland)........then came our rook buddies which i fought hard with them for 10 over hours to win the map finally... what a feeling that was..exuberance!!.... till i saw the system msg..

SYSTEM:Rooks have won the war
SYSTEM: You have not been awarded perk points

well one thing aces high has taught me these many years... is...SUCK IT IN and TAKE THE CRAP!! great patience i got now...thanks dale and pals..i can feel my tumor subsiding already...

chilli you're a dear pal...so my advice to ya... is suck it in and take the crap...
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen