Author Topic: Saitek X65F For Sale  (Read 900 times)

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
Saitek X65F For Sale
« on: April 23, 2011, 07:46:37 AM »
Only slightly used. All parts, manuals, and discs packed almost perfectly back into the same box I received it in.

$300 + shipping. PM if interested.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline RedDg

• Silver Member
Re: Saitek X65F For Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:55:29 PM »
Mar,

You may want to rethink your price.  You can get a brand new x65f from Amazon with free shipping for $310.

http://www.amazon.com/Saitek-Flight-Combat-Control-System/dp/B003BXVIQS

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 11:01:02 PM »
I was going to say something, but I was reminded in the past that that was not the forum to discuss the ethicality of the pricing.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 11:53:03 PM »
That's actually where I bought it from just recently, but the price at the time was 318 with no free shipping. I figured I might have been able to give someone a slightly better deal, ah well.

I've actually never shipped anything like this before, so I wasn't sure how I'd handle shipping costs. New deal: if it isn't too much to ship to the buyer's location, it's on me. If it is a bit much, I'll ask for 25%. Because I'm new to this I'm not sure If I could ship it anywhere outside the U.S., but we'll see.

I don't want this great piece of equipment to go to waste just because MY hand can't handle it.

Also note, this x65 is just as good as brand new, only thing I did to it was loosen the throttle resistance with the supplied allen wrench, you'll have no problem tightening it back up if you want. Every piece, screw, and twist tie are all packed back into the same box almost (but not quite, I'm not as good as Saitek at packing their boxes) exactly the way it was when I received it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 12:00:13 AM by Mar »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 06:53:57 AM »
guys if you want to buy anything you can always pm the seller and make an offer. or inquire about different terms.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 10:28:10 PM »
Hey Mar, what problems are you having? I might be able to help you figure it out.   I bought my x65 about 2 months ago. Since then it has been a challenge to get used it and I have made some small modifications to mine so it works better for me.  Still working on smoothing everything out though.      :joystick:    :cheers:

AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 08:31:43 PM »
It's really just not for me. I have to make a lot of movements when I'm flying which throw my precision, and there's a severe lack of feedback for me as to where my center is. I could get used to it eventually, but it's just so much easier and natural for me to use a mechanical stick. I have a lot of challenges in the air, I don't need my stick to be one of them.

The main reason I got it was for the extra function on the throttle, but I found that the hats and button on the right side were too far down and cramped for my thumb to navigate.

Other than that, it is great piece of equipment, solidly built, really liked how the throttle detents were set up. The only gripe I would have about it (other than the above) would be that when the throttles are linked the left throttle is held ever so slightly forward of the right. It was noticeable when flying the 38, but it wasn't hard for me to fly without them linked.

Back to selling it: Again I am new at this and forgot to mention the price MAY be negotiable via PM (thanks for reminding me semp), but the stick is in perfect condition and I don't want to be out too much from this.

Offline 1Nicolas

• Copper Member
Re:
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 10:51:27 AM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:52:55 AM by Skuzzy »

(My World Of Tank signature)
There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 06:56:26 PM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:53:04 AM by Skuzzy »