Author Topic: RAAF Aircraft  (Read 402 times)

Offline 1Nicolas

• Copper Member
RAAF Aircraft
« on: July 29, 2011, 01:32:18 PM »
HTC should add the CAC Boomerang! It was put into RAAF service in 1943 for the Pacific Campaign. It had 2 20mm cannons and 4 303'Cal MG's. So It can easily match the brew in turning and the spit 2,3,and 5 in turning and firepower. Plz  :)

(My World Of Tank signature)
There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: RAAF Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 04:28:26 PM »
So slow and obsolete they never got a kill, chased some old Japanese bombers and couldn't catch them, weren't allowed to even BOMB troops. They were relegated to strafing with guns the Japanese troop positions or carrying a single dainty smoke bomb, which they would drop and the F4u corsairs flying with them would actually bomb.

Aside from national pride this plane was an utter failure and has no purpose in the game.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 04:54:13 PM »
So slow and obsolete they never got a kill, chased some old Japanese bombers and couldn't catch them, weren't allowed to even BOMB troops. They were relegated to strafing with guns the Japanese troop positions or carrying a single dainty smoke bomb, which they would drop and the F4u corsairs flying with them would actually bomb.

Aside from national pride this plane was an utter failure and has no purpose in the game.

The Aircraft wasn't a failure, Australia never developed a fighter to this point, which Australia at the time had no way to defend itself. Only when the Boomerang came into service enough P40s and Spitfires arrived for its defense the plane was not needed.

I know of 5 squadrons that flew Boomerangs, hardly a failure since Australia had nothing else.
JG 52

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 08:59:07 PM »
hmmm droping smoke bombs from a plane you say... hmmm interesting
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 09:08:52 PM »
hmmm droping smoke bombs from a plane you say... hmmm interesting
Not covering smoke like from a tank, marking smoke for the fighter-bombers coming after.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Raptor05121

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 01:29:47 AM »
Not covering smoke like from a tank, marking smoke for the fighter-bombers coming after.

actually thats a good idea. I can't think of a night I havent buzzed enemy tanks yelling out on range "hes below me....NOW" and keep making passes
InGame: xRaptorx of the ***Alchemists***

Quote from: dirtdart
To suggest things that do not meet this basic criteria is equal to masturbation.  It may feel good to you, will not produce any tangible results, and you may be embarrassed if you get caught. 

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 01:32:07 AM »
yeah having smoke bomb on a plane to mark gvs sounds nice to me. any chance of it beeing able to rearm the smoke bomb from a vbase? or is that smoke bomb way to diferent and it makes no sense at all of having it no place else then a airport?
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 04:41:17 AM »
Better off making the Beaufighter Mk. 21 for the Australians :)

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,255408.0.html

Mk 21

The Mk 21 was a variant of the Mk X constructed in Australia. The first Mk 21 flew on 26 May 1944 and 364 were completed between then and the end of 1945. The main differences between the Mk X and the Mk 21 were the use of a Sperry auto pilot, altering the shape of the nose, and the use of four .50in Browning machine guns in the wings in place of the six .303in guns carried by the Mk X. The Mk 21 entered services with No. 30 and 31 Squadrons of the RAAF, and briefly with No. 93. The Mk 21 remained in Australian service until 1957.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 08:50:47 PM »
Better off making the Beaufighter Mk. 21 for the Australians :)

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,255408.0.html

can we have both  :x
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.