Author Topic: new skin  (Read 3863 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: new skin
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2011, 08:45:44 PM »
ty guys.... :salute

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2011, 10:51:32 PM »
He mentioned ... "this P40 I am working on is white #7"

I saw that part.  Just wondering where INK came across a combat P40E in bare metal.  White 7 was Robert Scott's bird but that was OD/Gray.  No complaint about INK's work at all, just didn't want him going all out on a NMF P40E if it wasn't a combat bird :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2011, 05:00:35 PM »
I saw that part.  Just wondering where INK came across a combat P40E in bare metal.  White 7 was Robert Scott's bird but that was OD/Gray.  No complaint about INK's work at all, just didn't want him going all out on a NMF P40E if it wasn't a combat bird :)

ya I am just practicing getting down the metal texture's I do have a bare metal P40 I will hopefully get to do, its an N though.

I started a bare metal 51..with the shark teeth. so I figure I started the P 40 first might as well try to get this metal down first so I have spent a LOT of time on this layer.....just in this P40's metal texture I have maybe 35 hours  :rofl that is mostly trying it different ways,  and painting each panel separately, I figure now that I know what works for me Ill be able to do a metal skin with rivets and panel lines...in about 4 hours  :pray

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2011, 05:05:38 PM »
Ooooh. Thats nice. :aok
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2011, 05:13:04 PM »
Thank Ya :salute

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
 :O

Ink....this is me....smacking you for not getting into skinning years ago.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2011, 07:48:15 PM »
:O

Ink....this is me....smacking you for not getting into skinning years ago.

:)

thank ya man, I have a lot of respect for you and what you have freely givin for this game,  I figure it was about time that I to give back.

:salute

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »
looking amazing ink, wish i could just learn how to skin. let alone get the proper programs for it :lol but i guess if you want to do something right, leave it to the pro's

:salute

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2011, 12:27:51 AM »
ya I am just practicing getting down the metal texture's I do have a bare metal P40 I will hopefully get to do, its an N though.

I started a bare metal 51..with the shark teeth. so I figure I started the P 40 first might as well try to get this metal down first so I have spent a LOT of time on this layer.....just in this P40's metal texture I have maybe 35 hours  :rofl that is mostly trying it different ways,  and painting each panel separately, I figure now that I know what works for me Ill be able to do a metal skin with rivets and panel lines...in about 4 hours  :pray

(Image removed from quote.)

That is a bare metal finish that I can live with. It has a fair balance of panel lines and rivet opacity and weathering/stressing. I think you did a great job. Now lets see you apply these things you learned onto other bare metal aircraft. :cheers:
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2011, 01:00:17 AM »
That is a bare metal finish that I can live with. It has a fair balance of panel lines and rivet opacity and weathering/stressing. I think you did a great job. Now lets see you apply these things you learned onto other bare metal aircraft. :cheers:

thank ya...appreciate the words :salute

gotta p51...and a p 40 and 47 bare metal that are in progress  :D

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2011, 01:03:45 AM »
thank ya...appreciate the words :salute

gotta p51...and a p 40 and 47 bare metal that are in progress  :D
p47!?!?!?!?! awsome!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x  can we get a peek at it?

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2011, 02:40:19 AM »
p47!?!?!?!?! awsome!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x  can we get a peek at it?

im in the very earliest stages of it...will post some pics, when I can :aok

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2011, 04:38:22 PM »
Ink, try playing with the material file to add some specularity.  It will make the metal reflect more light.  Obviously weathered aluminum is not mirrored, but it still reflects a decent amount of light.  Look at some of Greebo's P-47s or Fester's P-51s to get a good yardstick.  Looking good though.  I'd still dial back the opacity of the panel lines and some of the shading--my preference obviously.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2011, 05:11:27 PM »
ya I haven't messed with that file yet...dumb question   do I save it in the main kI folder?  or  the individual skin folder..im guessing the individual folder  :headscratch:

thanx BTW  :salute