Author Topic: gunsights  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: gunsights
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 09:31:23 AM »
Here we go, this is one I made as a joke:

Offline kilroy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 09:59:13 AM »
Cool sights, how do I load one into game to use it? I tried dragging copy into sights file but didn't work.

:salute
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 10:01:07 AM by kilroy »

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »
Cool sights, how do I load one into game to use it? I tried dragging copy into sights file but didn't work.

:salute
when you want a gunsight, you right click, press "save as" (name it to whatever you want) then make sure its saved to your desktop. right click it again, press "copy" then go into your aces high folder and then paste it into the sights folder.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 03:58:22 PM »

heres a gunsight that i made. kinda looks like the one you find in a sniper scope  :t

also, does anyone think i could get this stickied? not really sure because its a bunch of gunsights in the sounds/skins section...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:11:05 PM by skorpion »

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 11:30:12 PM »

not really sure this gunsight will work as effectivly as the others, but its worth a shot.

just a red variant of the 110 gunsight.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:57:43 AM by skorpion »

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 03:57:24 AM »
when you want a gunsight, you right click, press "save as" (name it to whatever you want) then make sure its saved to your desktop. right click it again, press "copy" then go into your aces high folder and then paste it into the sights folder.

that wont work - these images are .JPEGs, AH gunsights need to be .BMPs.

you can put the .BMP files into a folder, ZIP it, then attach the .ZIP file to a post in this section. then people can download and install the gunsights if they want.

edit: see below. it also shows how many times its been downloaded so you know how popular they are.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 04:02:33 AM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 05:00:04 AM »
that wont work - these images are .JPEGs, AH gunsights need to be .BMPs.

you can put the .BMP files into a folder, ZIP it, then attach the .ZIP file to a post in this section. then people can download and install the gunsights if they want.

edit: see below. it also shows how many times its been downloaded so you know how popular they are.
these gunsights were edited as 256bmp. if it doesnt work, open it with paint then press "save as" and under the name of the gunsight should be a drop-down box that lets you click on the "256 color bitmap img"

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 05:18:42 AM »
if it doesnt work ...

theres no "if", it definitely, 100% guaranteed, will not work.

resaving the .JPEG as a .BMP is also a bad idea, because .BMP -> .JPEG -> .BMP is a lossy process. which is why everyone who makes AH gunsights makes them available as .BMPs in the way I described.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 02:09:42 PM »
theres no "if", it definitely, 100% guaranteed, will not work.

resaving the .JPEG as a .BMP is also a bad idea, because .BMP -> .JPEG -> .BMP is a lossy process. which is why everyone who makes AH gunsights makes them available as .BMPs in the way I described.
ok, when i replied to you, what part of "they were made as a 256.bmp image" didnt you get?

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 02:53:47 PM »
I understand everything you've typed, which is why I know it wont work. the mode you created the files is completely irrelevant - I edit mine in 16 million colour sRGB. the main difference is that my sights will work when you drop them into the AH gunsights folder, yours will not.

since you plainly dont want to take any advice from people whose sights are actually being used to shoot bad guys online in AH every day, I'm out. :rolleyes:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 04:13:17 PM »
I understand everything you've typed, which is why I know it wont work. the mode you created the files is completely irrelevant - I edit mine in 16 million colour sRGB. the main difference is that my sights will work when you drop them into the AH gunsights folder, yours will not.

since you plainly dont want to take any advice from people whose sights are actually being used to shoot bad guys online in AH every day, I'm out. :rolleyes:
:bhead  how come when i edit these on one computer, then save it to another it works perfectly fine? tell me that one.

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 05:39:56 PM »
I can't believe I am about to do this..

Listen carefully skorpion.. the pics you posted are JPGs.. not BMPs..  The sights HAVE TO BE BMPs...
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 06:34:26 PM »
I can't believe I am about to do this..

Listen carefully skorpion.. the pics you posted are JPGs.. not BMPs..  The sights HAVE TO BE BMPs...
ok, i went thru all of them 2 times. i went to edit them and when i clicked "save" it said that they were all BMP. is it just my computer then?

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 07:13:19 PM »
alright, i got it all figured out now. its only on my computer that they automatically save as .bmp's because they were edited on it. gah im a retard. anyways, to get it as a BMP just press "save as" then when you go to name it, there should be a drop box on the bottom. click on that then press "save as BMP" and save it to the desktop.  right click it again then press "edit", that should take you into paint then click "save as" and under the name there should be another drop box. open that drop box up then click "save as 256 color img BMP" after that it might say "doing this might result in loss of color information" save anyways. go back to the desktop and then copy/paste it into your sights folder then it should work perfectly fine.

Offline 1sum41

• Silver Member
      • devil dog squadron
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 06:13:17 PM »
There use to be a trucker mudflap girl gun site, does anyone have it still or know where I can get it? Since were on a gun site topic.