Author Topic: "Daddy's Girl"  (Read 4526 times)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: "Daddy's Girl"
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 07:49:26 PM »
The second photo in megaladon's post shows Wetmore standing on the wing of his P51B.  There are decent photos of that one if someone wants to do his B model

The "B" model was also "Daddys Girl"  I believe.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:23:09 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 07:54:34 PM »
The "B" model was also "Daddys Girl"  I believe.

Apparently we're sitting around doing the history thing today :)

Photos I've seen don't show any nose art or name.  Full invasion stripes.  Guess I better get the scanner going.  I know there is a diecast of Wetmore's P51B out there.  Haven't looked at it close to see how accurate.

Oboe, the inside of the star was being masked for a repaint touch up or so the 359th history suggests.  So it's tape, not yellow paint.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 08:20:28 PM »
Apparently we're sitting around doing the history thing today :)

Photos I've seen don't show any nose art or name.  Full invasion stripes.  Guess I better get the scanner going.  I know there is a diecast of Wetmore's P51B out there.  Haven't looked at it close to see how accurate.

Oboe, the inside of the star was being masked for a repaint touch up or so the 359th history suggests.  So it's tape, not yellow paint.

Well that makes sense - I wouldn't think you could add yellow to the insignia just because you thought'd look good...I'll try to update the nose to forest green when I get a chance...

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 08:40:14 PM »
Hey I think those pictures posted match a profile I saw where the inside edge of the star and bar was lined with yellow, and "Daddy's Girl" itself was yellow instead of white...

Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 09:00:16 PM »
Perfect Meg - thanks for sharing - that's the version I'll go for.

Dan, I like to do up a few schemes at the same time - any suggestions for a PTO-based '51D?    I understand no one has done Shomo's "Flying Undertaker" so thats a strong possibility.  Wondered if you had any other suggestions?

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 02:45:19 AM »

Photos I've seen don't show any nose art or name.  Full invasion stripes. 
A shot of Wetmores P51B

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2011, 04:43:05 PM »
Found another image of her:

You know I think I prefer the white lettering; dunno why.

Offline MotleyCH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2011, 11:16:32 PM »
Very ice, Oboe.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2011, 11:38:35 PM »
This is just the Daddy's Girl scheme on my new natural metal base - again a real early version; it lacks layer balance and color saturation adjustments, etc.   Just did it to see what the scheme looks like on the base, and to see if there is any interest in having me continue to work on her:

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

This one is tough to gauge the colors on - I'm finding conflicting info as to the shade of green on the nose and the blue rudder.   I went with the more Olive Drab over the brighter green, but I think it needs to be darker, and the blue toned down a bit too.   Also I'm not sure if the fuselage ID code letters are shadowed or outlined in the red trim.

What'chall think?

Can't believe I missed this one. Oboe, I really like this skin. In my personal opinion, though, I think the green nose is a bit too toned down. Brighten the green up just a little bit and I think it'll look perfect. :aok
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies