Author Topic: 56th FG Skins  (Read 1260 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
56th FG Skins
« on: September 02, 2013, 08:43:49 AM »
Anyone of you guys that know what you are doing have any interest in doing a skin for me?   If you do, I will happily send you a copy of Robert S. Johnson's "Thunderbolt" and a 1 Litre Mas Beer Krug from Oktoberfest in Munich.

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: 56th FG Skins
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 08:53:43 AM »
the bottom one is already in AH
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 09:16:46 AM »
the bottom one is already in AH

I didn't realize it.  I just noted that even though I have all the P47M skins DL'ed, I can only pick the first one in the list.  Odd..

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 04:33:30 PM »
Anyone of you guys that know what you are doing have any interest in doing a skin for me?   If you do, I will happily send you a copy of Robert S. Johnson's "Thunderbolt" and a 1 Litre Mas Beer Krug from Oktoberfest in Munich.

I will do that second one for you, right after I finish this Spitfire VIII I am working on.

:salute
Top Gun

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 04:49:49 AM »
I will do that second one for you, right after I finish this Spitfire VIII I am working on.

:salute

Thank you sir  :salute

A little history about this P-47D-10.

It was flown by Polish AF pilot Boleslaw "Mike" Gladych.  Mike was a "donor" pilot to the 61 FS, 56 FG having never been a member of the USAAF.  A few days after the end of the war, he was simply "kicked out" with a thank you for his service.  He ended the war as a double ace (10 kills) with the 56th FG.  Of the several books I have read about the 56th FG in the ETO, Mike Gladych is mentioned as a very aggressive and respected pilot within the Group. A little more about him can be read in the below link.  Yep, that is a picture of him posing with Gabreski and the rest of the Polish pilots that flew with the 56th FG.

http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/gladych/gladych.htm

:cheers:

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 08:18:10 PM »

Ammo Schillings plane "Hairless Joe" is already in game I believe as a D25. And as to Robert S. Johnsons book.....thanks but I already have a first edition autographed by him.  :x
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 06:11:24 PM »

It was flown by Polish AF pilot Boleslaw "Mike" Gladych.  Mike was a "donor" pilot to the 61 FS, 56 FG having never been a member of the USAAF.  A few days after the end of the war, he was simply "kicked out" with a thank you for his service.  He ended the war as a double ace (10 kills) with the 56th FG.  Of the several books I have read about the 56th FG in the ETO, Mike Gladych is mentioned as a very aggressive and respected pilot within the Group. A little more about him can be read in the below link.  Yep, that is a picture of him posing with Gabreski and the rest of the Polish pilots that flew with the 56th FG.

Didnt know that part. vert cool read ammo thanks!
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 07:20:52 PM »

:rofl He almost shot down Churchill  :rofl
Lighten up Francis