Author Topic: An expanded skin catalog. Opportunity not to be wasted.  (Read 3540 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: An expanded skin catalog. Opportunity not to be wasted.
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2011, 06:14:08 AM »
Ink, it still looks better than I would have imagined.   At this point in a skin, when I ran into problems like this, I used bright green, cyan, and light blue pixels to identify the exact point on the texture map which is stretched - for example the tooth on the bottom that is being stretched.  If you can, through trial and error, identify the exact pixels that are being swept across, perhaps you can change them to the background red color without deforming the shape of the tooth too much.   HTC gives us some latitude to work within the limitations of the texture maps - I'd encourage you to try to clean up the imagine with regard to stretching and see if you can keep the result accurate overall, even if there are minor differences from the orginal.   Few are going to notice a couple of missing whiskers on the bottom of the nose.

I was more concerned about stretching across the top of the nose behind the gun muzzles; as I recall that is pretty bad and located in a much more noticeable area than the bottom of the nose.

Anyway, its also a lesson learned in skinning - try out the scheme's artwork early on to make sure its workable.

If you decide to switch to Irv Ethel's Tangerine, I have a decal set of the nose art and some research photos I can share.  <S>

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: An expanded skin catalog. Opportunity not to be wasted.
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 07:20:10 AM »
 :salute

thanx for the tips...I like the idea of trying to get it, I really hate giving up....

been working with my new tablet, set aside the skinning for some wild life artwork,  :rofl

now you got me wanting to pull back out the G skin :rofl