Author Topic: Outer Dead-BAnds  (Read 355 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Outer Dead-BAnds
« on: August 01, 2011, 10:02:34 PM »
Why not.  That will give the ability to tighten the slicks up for folks who don't
wish to do polities all day....

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Outer Dead-BAnds
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 07:59:33 PM »
Why not.  That will give the ability to tighten the slicks up for folks who don't
wish to do polities all day....

(Image removed from quote.)

Coogan
:headscratch: slicks? polities?  :headscratch:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:14:32 PM »
What the heck would an outer dead band do? Move your stick almost to the edge and then it no longer changes the input? So now you can wiggle your stick at the outside edge and NOT have it change your controls until you bring the stick back inside the controlled range. WHY???  :rolleyes:

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 10:29:12 PM »
With an x52 stick, to tighten it up you probably just need a powered hub anyway. Everyone complains about those after a bit until they put it on its own power supply. I wont say no to your wish since there might be some other reasons you have there. I'm all about improving the game. Please try it on a powered hub though. My old x52 and x52 pro completely improved response after that.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 03:35:31 AM »
What the heck would an outer dead band do? Move your stick almost to the edge and then it no longer changes the input? So now you can wiggle your stick at the outside edge and NOT have it change your controls until you bring the stick back inside the controlled range. WHY???  :rolleyes:

Outer dead-bands will shorten the amount of travel input to the stick to do the same thing.  It's quit simple, if you think about it.  Take an old 68' Ford pick up for example.  I'm sure
remember how much play was in the steering wheel, compared to vehicles we have today.  Perhaps you don't have the ability for your "Stick" to adjust the outher dead-bands.
On mine, the x-52 I do.  I think this should be a basic option.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 07:14:55 AM »
You can already limit the stick travel required for full deflection by not using the full range of travel when you calibrate. I can't imagine what the advantage would be, it would be harder to make small adjustments with any accuracy.