Author Topic: Bomber convergence adjustment  (Read 1114 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Bomber convergence adjustment
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 01:01:33 PM »
Yes, I'm sorry  :(

snif, snif, nobody likes me  :cry :cry.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 01:36:22 PM »
snif, snif, nobody likes me  :cry :cry.

semp

Don't get a complex.  I like you, just not enough to let you whizz on my hands.  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 07:53:30 PM »
Sometimes I like to lick freezing cold metal.  Can anyone help a brother out?
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 08:53:30 PM »
Pee=37 perks

Spam country channel with "Join my bombers...hand frozen and I have no perks for pee"

If I' tried to join your bomber I'd not be successful because I would not be able to type since I'd be laughing too hard at your cry for help.   :rofl
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 09:35:59 PM »
What about setting the convergence in the hanger, before your sortie?
That would seem somewhat practical.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 08:11:03 AM »
I got a novel idea .... You get one bomber and we will be nice enough to let you man one of your guns while your plane is on auto pilot with rudder control. If you want more then one bomber bring friends. You want more then one gunner bring good friends with good aim. I think linking bombers in groups under 1 pilot would be cool as long as their was one pilot per bomber. On the bright side if you do something silly the other pilot takes control of his plane rather then you loosing a drone. This would be a heck of allot more realistic then the BS we have today - No wounder we have lankstuka groups and lemming NOE p47 raids that auger at the first sign of resistance.

Man this is one of those 2 miles in the snow uphill both ways to school feeling. In my day you got one bomber ... and if you wanted gunners you brought them with you.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:49:23 AM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 08:26:07 AM »
I, personally, miss the big bomber missions...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 09:08:44 AM »

What if you drop your wrench, or better yet, what if your hand sticks to the freezing cold metal whilst making these normally, ground crew adjustable changes at ~300 mph?

:headscratch:

Covergence on a bomber is not like that of a plane. On a plane it's fixed on the ground by the ground crew, so adjusting it in flight makes no sense. But on a bomber it's individual firing positions all tracking the target individually. In game this is simulated with a convergence point. Making it adjustable would make it more realistic for attacking a single target.

Hmmm. Not sure. I think buff formations are already too deadly when defending against a single fighter. This would make it worse. I think for gameplay it would be a negative. In the case where multiple fighters are attacking bombers, the buffs don't a chance because they can only shoot at one fighter at a time. I don;t think this would solve that.

I'm going to vote no.

Maybe bring back adding multiple "joins" to bombers so each gun position could be manned seperately. If you shoot that gun position and kill the gunner, you get a kill for it. And if you shoot it down you get a kill for everyone on board.
Who is John Galt?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 10:55:39 AM »
I wish I could map an analog input to my gun convergence on bombers.  That way we could adjust their convergence while firing.

if you really think about it, you would find out why this is not realistic.  the fighters have fixed positions aimed at the front, mg's dont move.  mg's in bombers move independently of each other and if the bombers were to have this convergence set then they would have to weld the mg to the plane and use the pilot controls to aim and shoot.  and trying to set convergence with 3 other moving bombers would not be accurate as well.  look at pictures of ww2 bombers and you will see them moving up and down constantly.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 11:56:10 AM »
if you really think about it, you would find out why this is not realistic.  the fighters have fixed positions aimed at the front, mg's dont move.  mg's in bombers move independently of each other and if the bombers were to have this convergence set then they would have to weld the mg to the plane and use the pilot controls to aim and shoot.  and trying to set convergence with 3 other moving bombers would not be accurate as well.  look at pictures of ww2 bombers and you will see them moving up and down constantly.

semp

Just the opposite Semp, no? See my post above.  :salute
Who is John Galt?