Author Topic: Screen freeze then game crash  (Read 320 times)

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
Screen freeze then game crash
« on: September 01, 2011, 12:30:42 AM »
Ok after last patch I'll fly for a while 30 min or so then I start to get screen freezes, but I still hear sound in the background. It stays this way until plane augers, then I flashes to tower I get a lot of square looking things with no graphics, and then total freeze, only way to get out is a hard reboot.

Any ideas?

I have had a problem with one of those antivirus thing that pops up and says buy this now your computer is unprotected. I though I resolved it by updating my panda soft ware. Only other thing I did is I went into sisconfig from run: and unchecked anything to auto start on reboot. I puter illiterate so it might be over my head.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Re: Screen freeze then game crash
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 11:13:05 AM »
Sonic one or two things are happening.

1. You have a virus on your rig

2. Your vid card cards are overheating or insufficient power supply for vid card.

@#1 A total reboot of OS would help you out

@ #2 Check your airflow for your vid card(s) and make sure your power supply is sufficient for your system.

PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 02:08:09 PM »
Ok after last patch I'll fly for a while 30 min or so then I start to get screen freezes, but I still hear sound in the background. It stays this way until plane augers, then I flashes to tower I get a lot of square looking things with no graphics, and then total freeze, only way to get out is a hard reboot.
that sounds very much like a heat problem...how long has it been since you cleaned out the inside of your computer?

you also have a virus...unless you know how to get rid of it completely, erase then reload your operating system.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 03:07:37 PM »
will do ill have to take it to a shop....I don't know didly about computers. I did build it from ground up bought all the parts at newegg... but that was easy just plug this into that....